Rigger, Audio Visual - Washington Hilton, Washington, DCJob ID RIGGE021825 Date posted 03/17/2023 Location Washington , District of Columbia Position Type Full Time
Responsible for performing rigging activities in a Hospitality or convention center environment while upholding safety and quality standards per all trade, Encore/property guidelines and SOP’s. Reports to Lead Rigger or Rigging Coordinator.
Key Job Responsibilities
• Gather and organize all rigging tools and equipment per event needs.
• Confirm carpet protected as required by local conditions.
• Provide ground rigging support to teams building points from lifts by staging motors and equipment under rig points, handing up motor chain, tools and equipment and spotting lift movements.
• Establish hang-point, connect hoist and attachments to permanent rigging points, connect GAC Flex spanset attachments to truss, connect/run and dress motor cables, run cable picks, ensure safety of scenic elements to hang-points and proper use of all truss protection equipment, inspect all cabling tie-offs.
• Check that all truss bolts are tight and pieces of flown equipment are safe-tied to truss.
• Support other trades needing help raising gear through use of motor or lift, and check work for safety.
• Remain on site until all motors have been raised to trim.
• Responsible for observing and maintaining all safety concerns during an event, including escalation of any observations of personnel who are acting in an unsafe manner.
• Ensure the power phasing of motor controller is appropriate to prevent limit switches from being defeated.
• Verify all elements are securely fastened and checked for safety.
• Must secure and maintain proper lift and/or Working At Height certifications as necessary.
• Follow all manufactures recommendations and local conditions when using personnel lifts.
• Riggers must be qualified prior to making any temporary rigging points or any points outside of a protected lift of any kind.
• Secure and review advanced rigging plan and execute through Rigging Coordinator/Lead Rigger or other leadership supervision.
• Identify possible rigging obstacles and recommend solutions to resolve issues.
• Assist other technical trades with coordination efforts to execute show plot in harmony with all floor activity.
• Provide ongoing visual inspection of all hardware in use including truss, motors, lighting, sound, projection, and personnel lifts.
• Escalate any problems with hardware and recommend solutions to resolve issues to supervisor.
• High school diploma or equivalent
• 500+ hours of onsite rigging experience
• Qualified-Basic Rigging certification
• Lift Certification
• Lift operation experience
• Ground Rigging experience
• High rigging without harness experience
• Previous experience supervising a rigging team preferred
Work is performed in a hotel/convention center environment with moderate exposure to outdoor temperatures and to dirt, sand and/or dust. The working conditions will vary between moderately quiet to noisy volumes. Team members will use high-end equipment and electrical components, and will be exposed to heights via lifts and ladders for long periods of time. Team members may be asked to work in multiple hotel locations. Working times will include irregular hours and on-call status including days, evenings, weekends and holidays. Team members must adhere to appearance guidelines as defined by Encore based on an individual hotel or a representation of hotels in that city or area.
Check out where you’ll be working
Early Career Development Programs
Encore is always looking for talented people who are passionate about creating memorable experiences that inspire change. Find out how you can jump-start your career in our dynamic industry.LEARN MORE
- Event Technical Lead AV, Audio Visual - Boca Raton Marriott Ops - Technical Services, Audio Visual 36593405536 Florida, United States
- Event Technical Lead, Audio Visual - St. Regis Bal Harbour Ops - Technical Services, Audio Visual 46449505040 Florida, United States
- Art Director - Experiential (Remote East Region) - HARGROVE Creative - General 45734354592 Maryland, United States, District of Columbia, United States, Virginia, United States, Georgia, United States, Florida, United States
- Part Time Event Technical Specialist- New Orleans Ops - Technical Services 46457631104 Louisiana, United States
Your career and ambitions aren’t tied down to one place. We’re the exclusive on-site event technology provider to over 1,500 venues around the world, filling your future with global possibilities.explore locations
Career Path Opportunities
Discover everywhere you can go and the impact you can have. Your career is never limited to one location with Encore.LEARN MORE
What to Expect
We want to give you a window into our recruitment process to ensure that your journey to becoming a Encore team member is a positive experience.LEARN MORE
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Stay connected and receive the latest career opportunities at Encore.