Warehouse Supervisor - VancouverJob ID SUPVW013888 Date posted 05/12/2022 Location Vancouver , British Columbia Position Type Full Time
The Supervisor of Warehouse Operations is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the warehouse, and any projects assigned. This position has emphasis on overseeing: safety, quality control, shipping / receiving of all orders, inventory control, equipment order reporting and other warehouse related logistics. The Supervisor is responsible for ensuring compliance on all warehouse policies, maintaining daily workspace standards, and successful completion of all daily tasks. Maintains high throughput by adherence to warehouse standards and ensures orders are completed in a timely manner. This position will supervise the outbound/inbound functions, supports team member development and adequate staffing levels related to business needs. The Supervisor, Warehouse Operations will report to the Manager, Warehouse Operations or the Director of Warehouse Operations.
Key Job Responsibilities
• Assist in monitoring daily routing to prioritize on-time delivery/pickup.
• Perform frequent reviews on delivery/pickup services and monitor on-time performance.
• Monitor regular vehicle maintenance, condition, and operation for assigned location.
Warehouse & Asset Management
• Coordinate and lead warehouse team to ensure daily tasks are completed on time and in accordance to the dock loading/unloading schedule.
• Monitor inventory levels to maximize availability and utilization for high demand products.
• Ensures high-accuracy physical inventory results and quality control and repair standards.
• Maintain warehouse in a neat and organized state and help establish projects to keep staff occupied.
• Work closely with internal customers to evaluate service levels and ensure all expectations are met.
• Ensure the highest standards of service while maintaining operation efficiency and a cohesive relationship with other departments.
• Maintain a working knowledge of equipment.
• Increase operational effectiveness by supervising direct reports and communicating PSAV Core values, strategies, and objectives.
• Monitor and improve the team’s efficiency and productivity using standards and KPI’s.
• Work with direct reports to improve overall service while driving efficiencies through process improvement and best practices including, but not limited to, order processing, QC & repair, warehouse processes, and overall logistics.
• Establish clear expectations regarding responsibilities, behaviors, and daily activities.
• Provide training and development opportunities for team members and ensure a safe work environment consistent with company values.
• Provide continuous feedback to direct reports and conduct annual reviews.
• Partner with HR business partners to manage human resources activity including selection, performance management, salary administration, training and development and strategic human resources planning.
• Associate’s degree or equivalent warehouse or distribution management experience, preferred.
• 3+ years of experience in warehouse or supply chain management.
• Strong problem solving skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to meet or exceed multiple concurrent deadlines.
• Leadership skills
Competencies (by Core Values)
• Communicates Effectively
• Decision Quality
• Instills Trust
• See the big picture
• Drive Results
• Do the right thing
• Value People
Work is performed at event venues as well as in a warehouse environment. Team members must adhere to appearance guidelines as defined by Encore based in a warehouse environment and when traveling, on an individual venue or a representation of venues in that city or area. When in the Warehouse, work will be completed in an environment with exposure to outdoor temperatures and to dirt, sand and/or dust. The working conditions will vary between moderately quiet to noisy volumes. Team members may use high-end audio visual equipment and electrical components. Working times may include irregular hours and on-call status including days, evenings, weekends and holidays.
The above information on this description is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned.
Early Career Development Programs
Encore is always looking for talented people who are passionate about creating memorable experiences that inspire change. Find out how you can jump-start your career in our dynamic industry.LEARN MORE
- Event Technician, Audio Visual - Four Seasons Seattle Ops - Technical Services, Audio Visual 31481116544 Washington, United States
- Senior Sales Manager , Events - Gaylord Opryland, Nashville TN Sales - Venue Sales 32156386144 Tennessee, United States
- Event Technician, Audio Visual- Hyatt Regency Orlando Ops - Technical Services, Audio Visual 32156383104 Florida, United States
- Senior Warehouse Technician - Boston Branch (Dedham) Supply & Log - Warehousing 31141878416 Massachusetts, United States
Your career and ambitions aren’t tied down to one place. We’re the exclusive on-site event technology provider to over 1,500 venues around the world, filling your future with global possibilities.explore locations
Career Path Opportunities
Discover everywhere you can go and the impact you can have. Your career is never limited to one location with Encore.LEARN MORE
What to Expect
We want to give you a window into our recruitment process to ensure that your journey to becoming a Encore team member is a positive experience.LEARN MORE
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Stay connected and receive the latest career opportunities at Encore.