Event Technical Specialist - VancouverJob ID TECHN021676 Date posted 03/14/2023 Location Vancouver , British Columbia Position Type Full Time
The Technical Specialist is responsible for the set up and operation of small to large-scale audiovisual systems for live events while ensuring the utmost in client satisfaction. This position reports to a Project Manager, Operations Manager, Operations Director, or Director, Event Technology.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Ensures a flawlessly executed event through accurate and timely setup, operation, and breakdown of advanced audiovisual equipment as listed in the technical qualifications section.
- Troubleshoots technical issues and resolve problems quickly as they arise.
- Complies with all Company security and safety measures.
- Ensures equipment is secure from theft and/or damage when in use.
- Provides excellent service and strives to exceed the expectations and needs of internal and external customers.
- Maintains a positive relationship with all clients through effective communication.
- Collaborates with internal team on event solutions pre event and during event to ensure the best possible customer satisfaction.
- Understands and fosters the hotel/client relationship.
- Creates an atmosphere that fosters the development of technical and leadership skills in other employees.
- Provides mentorship and coaching to technical, sales and operations team members to develop technical skills as needed.
- Performs advanced work (pre/during/post event) with operations team members.
- Supervises and directs other technicians during an event.
- Assists team with proper security, storage, transportation, and maintenance of equipment.
- Performs inventory and forecasting of equipment needs.
- Bachelor’s Degree is preferred.
- Encore Technical Level 3 Certification is required. New Encore team members must be certified by their location within 30 days
- 2 - Encore Technical Level Two Core Certifications are required (Audio, Lighting, Projection, Video, Scenic). New Encore team members must be certified by a qualified proctor within 60 days.
- 4+ years of field experience in specialty area is required.
- 3-5 years of customer service or hospitality experience is preferred.
- Ability to interact professionally and effectively with a diverse work force, customer base and senior level management.
- Experience with project management of multiple tasks/initiatives.
- Strong customer, client and coworker interface experience and abilities.
- A valid driver’s license is required for team members in positions that may operate Company vehicles. Additional DOT requirement may need to be met if applicable.
- Safety Conscious
- Develops Talent
- Tech Savvy
- Manages Complexity
- Ensures Accountability
- Instills Trust
Check out where you’ll be working
Early Career Development Programs
Encore is always looking for talented people who are passionate about creating memorable experiences that inspire change. Find out how you can jump-start your career in our dynamic industry.LEARN MORE
- Event Technical Lead AV, Audio Visual - Boca Raton Marriott Ops - Technical Services, Audio Visual 36593405536 Florida, United States
- Event Technical Lead, Audio Visual - St. Regis Bal Harbour Ops - Technical Services, Audio Visual 46449505040 Florida, United States
- Art Director - Experiential (Remote East Region) - HARGROVE Creative - General 45734354592 Maryland, United States, District of Columbia, United States, Virginia, United States, Georgia, United States, Florida, United States
- Part Time Event Technical Specialist- New Orleans Ops - Technical Services 46457631104 Louisiana, United States
Your career and ambitions aren’t tied down to one place. We’re the exclusive on-site event technology provider to over 1,500 venues around the world, filling your future with global possibilities.explore locations
Career Path Opportunities
Discover everywhere you can go and the impact you can have. Your career is never limited to one location with Encore.LEARN MORE
What to Expect
We want to give you a window into our recruitment process to ensure that your journey to becoming a Encore team member is a positive experience.LEARN MORE
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Stay connected and receive the latest career opportunities at Encore.