Equipment CoordinatorJob ID EQUIP020033 Date posted 01/25/2023 Location Toronto , Ontario Position Type Full Time
The Equipment Coordinator (EC) is responsible for processing all incoming business activity and billing information while providing outstanding customer service. The EC will administer all order entry processes including order updates with a focus on maximising equipment utilisation and act as a primary liaison to the Warehouse team, supporting Venue and Production team needs. Responsible for reducing subrental costs, increasing equipment utilization, improving internal customer service, assisting with the implementation of cost-savings strategies and support the implementation of efficient transportation process between warehouses, venues and events. The Equipment Coordinator will report to the Operations Manager.
Key Job Responsibilities
Customer Service & Order Entry
• Process equipment requests and order entry.
• Provide outstanding service to internal and external customers.
• Initiate and manage sub-rental of equipment where necessary.
• Respond in a timely manner to all orders and inquires.
• Offer technology & service solutions to meet customer needs while focusing on increasing utilisation of warehouse & venue housed inventory.
• Follow up with field team post-event, when needed.
• Gather equipment shortage data and make efficient use of processes to source equipment from internal and external sources to fulfill those needs.
• Oversee internal equipment transfers with an emphasis on keeping company-owned equipment in use and available as often as possible to maximize cost reduction.
Administration & Reporting
• Inventory system entry of all warehouse sourced orders and accurate internal billing.
• Ensure all system stock levels are up to date.
• Maintain non-barcoded items within the system for accuracy.
• Assist with communication on shortages and overdue items to be reconciled.
• Assist in developing strategies for maximizing internal resources to lower costs.
The duties and responsibilities described are not a comprehensive list and may change, or additional tasks within scope of work may be assigned at any time with or without notice, as necessitated by business demands.
• High School Degree
• 2+ years of logistics or customer service experience, within the audio-visual or related service industry preferred.
• Strong competency in the utilisation of IT systems.
• Excellent ability with Microsoft Excel.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced, high-volume environment while being able to think creatively and effectively solve problems.
• Total commitment to service excellence.
• Knowledge of event audio-visual equipment would be highly advantageous.
Competencies (by Core Values)
• Communicates & Collaborates Effectively
• Analytical Thinking
• Seeing the big picture
• Driving Results
• Doing the right thing
• Valuing People
Work is performed at event venues as well as in a warehouse environment. Team members must adhere to appearance guidelines as defined by Encore based in a warehouse environment and when traveling, on an individual venue or a representation of venues in that city or area. When in the Warehouse, work will be completed in an environment with exposure to outdoor temperatures and to dirt, sand and/or dust. The working conditions will vary between moderately quiet to noisy volumes. Team members may use high-end audio visual equipment and electrical components. Working times may include irregular hours and on-call status including days, evenings, weekends and holidays.
The above information on this description is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned.
Early Career Development Programs
Encore is always looking for talented people who are passionate about creating memorable experiences that inspire change. Find out how you can jump-start your career in our dynamic industry.LEARN MORE
- Event Technical Lead AV, Audio Visual - Boca Raton Marriott Ops - Technical Services, Audio Visual 36593405536 Florida, United States
- Operations Director, Hotel Services - JW Marriott LA Live Ops - General 39417549488 California, United States
- Event Customer Experience Coordinator - The Ritz-Carlton, Boston Ops - General 43747123856 Massachusetts, United States
- Seasonal Event Technician, Audio Visual- Marriott/Ritz Carlton Grande Lakes Orlando Ops - Technical Services, Audio Visual 34998818336 Florida, United States
Your career and ambitions aren’t tied down to one place. We’re the exclusive on-site event technology provider to over 1,500 venues around the world, filling your future with global possibilities.explore locations
Career Path Opportunities
Discover everywhere you can go and the impact you can have. Your career is never limited to one location with Encore.LEARN MORE
What to Expect
We want to give you a window into our recruitment process to ensure that your journey to becoming a Encore team member is a positive experience.LEARN MORE
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Stay connected and receive the latest career opportunities at Encore.