Part Time Sr. Technical Lead, Audio Visual - Harrah's Lake TahoeStateline, Nevada Job ID: PARTT020106
Our Technicians enjoy the opportunities to work with innovative and cutting-edge technology on a daily basis. From setting equipment as elaborate as an LED wall to simply ensuring cable is properly run through the venue, our Technicians are the foundation of the events we build and bring to life. They ensure that each event is flawlessly executed, and work with the rest of the team to setup and strike down each event in a timely manner. At Encore, customer satisfaction is our highest priority, our Technicians play an integral part in establishing a positive relationship with each of our clients.
- Full Time
- Travel: Minimal (if any)
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating 3 stars
Here are some of the top qualities that will help you achieve success in this role:
- Customer Focus
- Desire to Learn
- Drive Results
- Technical Aptitude
Other Important Traits
- Team Player,
- Safety Conscious,
The ability to put on the big shows that my hotel plans out or to teach the incoming technicians how to make these shows happen is why I really like the hustle and bustle of my day-to-day as a Technical Lead.
A Day in the Life of a TechnicianClick to play video
Encore namedClick to learn more
Great Place to Work™
Big Set Time LapseClick to play video
Purpose, Mission and Core Values
How we will positively impact the world
Connecting and inspiring people
What we do every day
Invaluable partner on our customer's journey
The way we work
Deliver world-class service. See the big picture. Value people. Drive results. Do the right thing.
Paid Time Off
Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
Health Savings & Health Reimbursement Accounts
Flexible Spending Accounts
Employee Assistance Program
Retirement Planning Options (401k)
Career Wear Reimbursement
Part Time Regular Benefit Offerings
Variety of Volunteer Benefits
Premium Recognition Program (CenterStage)
Performance Incentive Plans (GEI Bonus)
Employee Referral Program
Annual Merit Evaluations
Training & Development
Classroom/On the Job Training
Global Transfer Opportunities
The approximate hourly range is based on skills & experience $22.97 - $27.19per hour.
The Sr. Technical Lead, Htl & Br is a Mid-Tier technical Operator, focusing on small general session work, or assisting with larger general sessions. This is intended to be a bridge between technical lead and technical specialist and reports to an Operations Manager, Dir, Operations or DET.
Key Job Responsibilities
• Ensures a flawlessly executed event through accurate and timely setup, operation, and breakdown of advanced audiovisual equipment as listed in the technical qualifications section.
• Troubleshoots technical issues and resolve problems quickly as they arise.
• Complies with all Company security and safety measures.
• Ensures equipment is secure from theft and/or damage when in use.
• Provides excellent service and strives to exceed the expectations and needs of internal and external customers.
• Maintains a positive relationship with all clients through effective communication.
• Collaborates with internal team on event solutions pre-event and during event to ensure the best possible customer satisfaction.
• Understands and fosters the hotel/client relationship.
• Creates an atmosphere that fosters the development of technical and leadership skills in other employees.
• Provides mentorship and coaching to technical, sales, and operations team members to develop technical skills as needed.
• Performs advanced work (pre/during/post event) with operations team members.
• Supervises and directs other technicians during an event.
• Assists team with proper security, storage, transportation, and maintenance of equipment.
• Performs inventory and forecasting of equipment needs.
• Bachelor’s Degree is preferred.
• 2+ years of field experience in specialty area is required.
• 2-3 years of customer service or hospitality experience is preferred.
• Technical level 200 Certified. New Encore team members must be certified by their location within 30 days.
• Internal Candidates must show completion of 50% of hands-on skill verification for appropriate core discipline (Audio, Lighting, Projection, Video)
• Ability to interact professionally and effectively with a diverse work force, customer base and senior level management.
• Strong customer, client and coworker interface experience and abilities.
•A valid driver’s license is required for team members in positions that may operate Company vehicles. Additional DOT requirement may need to be met if applicable.
Deliver World Class Service
Do The Right Thing
• Instills Trust
• Safety Conscious
• Action Oriented
See The Big Picture
• Tech Savvy
• Communicates Effectively
For more information on our Competency Group, refer to the Competency Based Talent Management page on Encore Connect by searching for the title or copy & pasting this URL Link (https://psav.sharepoint.com/sites/HR/SitePages/Competency-Supported-Talent-Management.aspx).
Work is performed in a hotel/convention center environment with moderate exposure to outdoor temperatures and to dirt, sand and/or dust. The working conditions will vary between moderately quiet to noisy volumes. Team members will use high-end audio-visual equipment and electrical components and will be exposed to heights via lifts and ladders. Team members may be asked to work in multiple hotel locations. Working times will include irregular hours and on-call status including days, evenings, weekends, and holidays. Team members must adhere to appearance guidelines as defined by Encore based on an individual hotel or a representation of hotels in that city or area.
The above information on this description is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned.