Repair Technician (WO)-Seattle WarehouseJob ID REPAI014797 Date posted 06/16/2022 Location Seattle , Washington Position Type Full Time
The Repair Technician, Warehouse Operations (WO) is responsible for facilitating and conducting repair of Encore owned equipment and supports equipment transportation, scanning, tracking, internal billing, and other warehouse functions. This position is responsible for implementing & overseeing quality control (QC) processes and updates the Service Central database in a timely and accurate manner. Additional responsibilities include maintaining spare parts inventory, documenting the repair process, and providing overall assistance to internal and external team members. The Repair Technician will report to the National Repair Manager or Director of Warehouse Operations.
Key Job Responsibilities
• Perform technical & cosmetic repair and maintenance on Encore equipment and road cases. Includes show related items and facility related items.
• Support all Quality Control processes and procedures.
• Design and build miscellaneous equipment or devices to increase performance of existing products or add value to existing equipment.
• Maintain relationships with vendors and order necessary parts to complete repairs.
• Visit Encore hotel locations to inspect gear and identify items in need of repair.
•Establish and provide reporting on key repair metrics and ROI.
• Purchase shop related items.
• Research and test new equipment.
• Prepare synopsis of benefits, costs, and downfalls of new equipment.
• Continually looks for product advances and manufactured related problems with equipment.
• Provide excellent service and strive to exceed the expectations and needs of internal and external customers.
• Maintain positive relationships with Encore teams through effective communication and excellent service.
• Inform internal and external customers on repair status.
• Produce reports on key repair metrics, as necessary.
Equipment Handling and Tracking
• Pick, scan, and stage outgoing equipment for transport.
• Sort, scan, and perform QC on incoming equipment.
• Re-shelf equipment after gear is sorted and QC process completed.
• Perform annual physical inventory of equipment.
• Load and unload equipment from vans, trucks, and tractor-trailers.
• Assist with equipment deliveries or on show site as directed.
• Keep work area orderly.
• Understand company processes and follows procedures.
• Utilize Helios software to manage pick lists and track equipment orders.
• Utilize I-Procurement to order parts.
• Utilize Service Manager to maintain work order database.
• Complete system entry and paperwork in a timely and accurate manner.
• Minimum of an associate’s degree or diploma in a related technical discipline, or equivalent formal military technical training.
• 1+ years of experience in component level fault isolation and repair.
• Experience in the repair of professional/semi-professional A/V and lighting equipment (or consumer electronics) is a definite plus.
• Demonstrate ability to troubleshoot and repair analog and digital circuitry to the component level.
• Ability to competently use test-equipment such as DMM, oscilloscope, and signal generators.
• Clean soldering/DE soldering skills on both thru-hole and surface mount components.
• Self-motivated, resourceful individual with the ability to work well independently and in groups.
• Good mechanical skills.
• Basic computer/Microsoft Office (Word, Excel) skills.
• Ability to take direction & communicate with managers and subordinates.
• Organizational skills.
• Concern for quality
• Exceeds customer expectations
Work is performed at event venues as well as in a warehouse environment. Team members must adhere to appearance guidelines as defined by Encore based in a warehouse environment and when traveling, on an individual venue or a representation of venues in that city or area. When in the Warehouse, work will be completed in an environment with exposure to outdoor temperatures and to dirt, sand and/or dust. The working conditions will vary between moderately quiet to noisy volumes. Team members may use high-end audio-visual equipment and electrical components. Working times may include irregular hours and on-call status including days, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
The above information on this description is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned.
Early Career Development Programs
Encore is always looking for talented people who are passionate about creating memorable experiences that inspire change. Find out how you can jump-start your career in our dynamic industry.LEARN MORE
- Event Sales Manager, Audio Visual -St. Regis Sales - Venue Sales, Audio Visual 34330602048 California, United States
- Repair Technician - Las Vegas Supply & Log - Warehousing 33661135104 Nevada, United States
- Event Technical Lead, Audio Visual - Omni San Francisco Ops - Technical Services, Audio Visual 34330567648 California, United States
- Event Audio Visual Technician - Winnipeg Ops - Technical Services, Audio Visual 34306011856 Manitoba, Canada
Your career and ambitions aren’t tied down to one place. We’re the exclusive on-site event technology provider to over 1,500 venues around the world, filling your future with global possibilities.explore locations
Career Path Opportunities
Discover everywhere you can go and the impact you can have. Your career is never limited to one location with Encore.LEARN MORE
What to Expect
We want to give you a window into our recruitment process to ensure that your journey to becoming a Encore team member is a positive experience.LEARN MORE
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Stay connected and receive the latest career opportunities at Encore.