National College Leadership Program- PhoenixJob ID NATIO016723 Date posted 08/30/2022 Location Scottsdale , Arizona Position Type Full Time
The very core of Encore is our creative and skilled team members.
We create live-event solutions that connect and inspire people around the world. With a customer-first mindset and a hospitality focus, we have an unmatched breadth and depth of event production services to support our customers through every step in the event planning and management process.
With a global footprint reaching more than 20 countries, we have experienced tremendous growth in recent years, extending the solutions we provide customers to create in-person, virtual and hybrid event experiences.
As we continue to expand, Encore is seeking individuals interested in a career in operations management or sales throughout North America. Our National College Leadership Program, scheduled to start in June 2023, will be accepting applications where you can “Make Your Moment”. Upon successful completion of the 5-month Manager in Training program, individuals will be prepared for immediate placement into an operations or sales manager role within our nationwide network of 2,100 venues including luxury hotels, casinos and conference center properties.
If you are a recent graduate or plan to graduate in the coming year, this leadership program could be a great opportunity for you.
Discover a place where you can build a career that’s packed with development opportunities, mobility, rewards, and an energizing and connected culture. We call it our Focus on You. At Encore, you’ll join a team that brings productions, meetings and events to life for some of the biggest companies on the planet. We’ll give you all the support and training you need to make an impact on our clients and your future – from cutting-edge technology to blended learning and role-based development programs.
Ready to take the stage? Make your moment.
Qualified candidates must possess the following background:
- 4-year college graduate with a BA/BS degree required; preference for Hospitality, Business/Management, Communications, Event Management, Theater or related field.
- At least 1 year of related professional work experience or a combination of employment/internships. Prior experience in management, operations, technology and/or hospitality is a plus.
- Strong interest in a management career with the opportunity for advancement and promotion.
- Excellent communication, listening, and presentation skills.
- Effective leadership abilities and customer satisfaction focus.
- Technical aptitude demonstrated through interest and exposure to new technology.
- Ability to work at a hotel location within major metro markets.
- Willingness to relocate within the US. Flexibility is important.
- Continuous authorization to work in the U.S
- Rotations through both the Operation and Sales functions
- Hands-on learning in venues alongside our field leaders
- Instructor-led training conducted at the corporate office in Chicago, IL
- Flexibility to relocate during training and for full-time placement
Certifications through online courses from the following ENCORE University Academies – Leadership, Technical, Operations, Sales and Service.
· Ensure Accountability
· Manages Ambiguity
· Decision Quality
· Drives Quality Results
· Builds Networks
· Communicates Effectively
· Instills Trust
· Plans and Aligns
· Builds Effective Teams
Encore offers an excellent compensation and benefits package including health insurance and participation in a 401K plan. Candidates will receive a base salary during the training program and have the ability to earn a base salary + bonus incentive upon placement as an Operations Manager, Director of Events or Venue Sales Manager (placement will occur immediately upon completion of the training). Most importantly, we empower team members to make significant contributions to our business while developing their careers.
Locations: Encore provides service in over 2100 locations throughout the U.S., Canada, Mexico and Europe. We are currently recruiting interested candidates to start in the following locations with the flexibility to relocate within Encore:
DC Metro Area
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform criminal background screening and pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Early Career Development Programs
Encore is always looking for talented people who are passionate about creating memorable experiences that inspire change. Find out how you can jump-start your career in our dynamic industry.LEARN MORE
- Event Sales Manager - Oklahoma City Convention Center Sales - Venue Sales 40613344848 Oklahoma, United States
- Event Technical Lead AV, Audio Visual - Boca Raton Marriott Ops - Technical Services, Audio Visual 36593405536 Florida, United States
- Event Technician, Audio Visual - Hyatt Regency Denver Ops - Technical Services, Audio Visual 41115674176 Colorado, United States
- Event Concierge - Hilton Anatole Ops - Customer Service 41115670624 Texas, United States
Your career and ambitions aren’t tied down to one place. We’re the exclusive on-site event technology provider to over 1,500 venues around the world, filling your future with global possibilities.explore locations
Career Path Opportunities
Discover everywhere you can go and the impact you can have. Your career is never limited to one location with Encore.LEARN MORE
What to Expect
We want to give you a window into our recruitment process to ensure that your journey to becoming a Encore team member is a positive experience.LEARN MORE
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Stay connected and receive the latest career opportunities at Encore.