Lead Software DeveloperJob ID TEAML08203 Date posted 03/29/2021 Location Schiller Park , Illinois Position Type Full Time
The application development team lead is a highly motivated, experienced full-stack developer, helping to guide thesuccess of the IT Digital Products agile team. This role collaborates with the Development and Product teams to ensure alignment of vision, technology direction, architecture, and best practices, while helping lead the day-to-day progress of the team. The goal is to innovate and provide new products and solutions to support the growth, whichis pivotal to continued success.
The team manages custom-built solutions, integrations with industry-leading platforms like Dynamics CRM, Oracle, and other custom-built platforms, and using the latest Azure cloud technologies to do so. This role ensures adherance to code standards in a collaborative, team-driven environment. This position will report to the Director of Application Development.
Delivering World-Class Software & Practices
• Contribute to the design and implementation of new products and features through the entire technology stack.
• Partner on the cloud infrastructure/automation, database architecture, integrations, microservices, performance monitoring, UI, and more.
• Update and improve the technology stack, and ensure usage of the latest technologies where possible.
• Frequently develop any products and micro-services supported, and suggest changes to thestandards and practices.
• Collaborate within the team ensuring clarity and alignment on the goals, teamwork to achieve the sprint commitments and support.
• Provide leadership and expertise to the team in managing products, sprints, releases and support ensuring setup for success as productslaunch and scale globally.
• Ensure continual improvement of software through code reviews, root cause analysis, and team retro meetings.
• Review/evaluate stories, designs, data and architecture decisions to ensure the company is building and enabling the business with the right solutions to the problems being addressed.
• Understandcompany KPIs and metrics, and help ensure the products and solutions delivered provide measurable results thatcan communicated to stakeholders and the leadership team.
• Provide leadership to Agile team members regarding agile practices, architectural standards, SDLC, working through QA, release and support practices with the respective team members.
• Identify areas for improvement and innovation within the team ecosystem, and lead the charge on making those changes.
• Identify, implement and monitor required tools, processes and procedures to create an effective and efficient organization.
• Model and reinforce a positive working environment centered on company values.
• BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Application Development, Engineering or related field.
• 6+ years of experience in development-related field, corporate or consulting environment.
• 6+ years of development experience in .Net Framework/Core, C#, ASP.NET Web API.
• Ability to take ownership and develop large parts of an application.
• Design, build, and deliver complex features independently, but with a high-level of collaboration and leadership.
• Very experienced in leading a small team of developers, managing sprints, and coordinating standard release cycles and support/maintenance releases.
• Experience with agile or lean methodologies, and continuous integration/delivery.
• Experience with Angular 2-10 or other popular front-end libraries.
• Experience with the following technologies is expected:
o Visual Studio 2018+
o SQL Server 2016+
o Entity Framework
o Unit/Integration/E2E Testing
o Git and Git Workflow
o Atlassian Jira
o Knowledge and/or appreciation of cloud technology. Practical experience with Azure, Azure SQL, PowerShell, and general automation are a plus.
• Experience with the following is a plus:
o Experience with CI/CD pipelines
o Integration technologies like SSIS or Mulesoft
o Reporting technologies such as Power BI or SSRS
o Microsoft CRM integrations
Work is performed primarily in an office environment. Working times may include irregular hours and on-call status including days, evenings, weekends and holidays. Team members must adhere to appearance guidelines as defined by Encore based in an office environment and when traveling, on an individual venue or a representation of venues in that city or area.
The above information on this description is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned.
Early Career Development Programs
Encore is always looking for talented people who are passionate about creating memorable experiences that inspire change. Find out how you can jump-start your career in our dynamic industry.LEARN MORE
- Marketing Content Manager Mktg - General 6038571776 Illinois, United States
- Part Time Technician, Audio Visual Ops - Technical Services 5349031184 Florida, United States
- Lead Software Developer IT - Applic Developmt 6216484912 Illinois, United States
- Sales Director, Hotel Services - New York Hilton Midtown Sales - Venue Sales 6501707888 New York, United States
Your career and ambitions aren’t tied down to one place. We’re the exclusive on-site event technology provider to over 1,500 venues around the world, filling your future with global possibilities.explore locations
Career Path Opportunities
Discover everywhere you can go and the impact you can have. Your career is never limited to one location with Encore.LEARN MORE
What to Expect
We want to give you a window into our recruitment process to ensure that your journey to becoming a Encore team member is a positive experience.LEARN MORE
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Stay connected and receive the latest career opportunities at Encore.