Sr Magento DeveloperJob ID SRMAG08165 Date posted 02/18/2021 Location Schiller Park , IL Position Type Full-Time
The Magento Technical Developer is responsible for designing, estimating, documenting, testing and successfully implementing Adobe Magento eCommerce solutions. This role is in a challenging and fast-paced environment, while working independently as well as part of a team. This role will work directly with the Development Manager, Escalation Analyst, Service Desk, Database Administration and User Community to solve production issues. The Magento Technical Developer will report to the Manager of Applications Development.
Key Job Responsibilities
• Work with business owners to understand vision, gather requirements, design and develop solutions.
• Create functional design document (FDD).
• Perform Magento customizations and custom module development.
• Implement Magento custom theme integration.
• Ensure implementation, deployment, and backup is done following Encore standards.
• Actively participate in Sprint events and ceremonies, report technical blockers to the project lead.
• Provide support to eCommerce solution.
• Analyze production issues and provide solutions in a timely manner.
• Create and update necessary technical and user documentations.
• Produce and maintain detailed design documentation, unit test plans and well documented code.
• Help establish an environment for team and project collaboration.
• Maintain the knowledgebase of application development process and technical standard.
• Provide technical mentoring and support for other application development team members.
• Assist in training Service Desk staff.
• Provide a continual example of high-level, quality service to all co-workers and customers.
• Recommend process improvements as it relates to improving team communication, project communication, and overall development and testing methodologies.
• Coordinate issue resolution with internal and external resources.
• Passionate coder with at least 5 years of PHP software application development experience.
• Expert level experience with Magento 2.
• PWA exposure preferred.
• Experience with Payment gateways like CyberSource, Authorize.net, PayPal, Chase Paymentech.
• Experience with integration of 3rd party solutions such as Tax and Address.
• Full life-cycle development experience – with Agile/Scrum project approach.
• Strong knowledge of version control systems and CI/CD pipelines.
• Experience in team lead role.
• Experience with project planning and estimating.
• Solid foundation in Computer Science, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms and software design.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Exhibits personal responsibility and accountability to complete tasks.
• Ability to work collaboratively with other development team members that are on and offshore.
Competencies (by Core Values)
• Analytical Thinking
• Exceeds Customer Expectations
• Organizational Savvy
• Attention to Communication
Work is performed primarily in an office environment. Working times may include irregular hours and on-call status including days, evenings, weekends and holidays. Team members must adhere to appearance guidelines as defined by Encore based in an office environment and when traveling, on an individual venue or a representation of venues in that city or area.
Early Career Development Programs
Encore is always looking for talented people who are passionate about creating memorable experiences that inspire change. Find out how you can jump-start your career in our dynamic industry.LEARN MORE
- Projektleiter (m/w/d) im Bereich Veranstaltungstechnik Rigging, Power, Internet & Networking 18937558 Germany
- test posting - for backend setup Information Technology 18925270 Illinois, United States
- test posting - for backend setup Information Technology 18913234 Illinois, United States
- test posting - for backend setup Information Technology 18913235 Illinois, United States
Your career and ambitions aren’t tied down to one place. We’re the exclusive on-site event technology provider to over 1,500 venues around the world, filling your future with global possibilities.explore locations
Career Path Opportunities
Discover everywhere you can go and the impact you can have. Your career is never limited to one location with Encore.LEARN MORE
What to Expect
We want to give you a window into our recruitment process to ensure that your journey to becoming a Encore team member is a positive experience.LEARN MORE
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Stay connected and receive the latest career opportunities at Encore.