Senior International Accountant & Financial AnalystJob ID SRINT015308 Date posted 07/07/2022 Location Schiller Park , Illinois Position Type Full Time
This position is a dual role of accountant for International Accounting and financial analyst for global reporting systems. For the accounting side, this position is responsible for accounting, consolidation, and reporting of Canada and Mexico subsidiaries. This includes working closely with subsidiaries’ finance teams to gather their information and accurately recording their monthly activity in corporate’s systems and analyzing and reporting their results to management. For the financial analyst side, this position is responsible for maintaining Encore’s reporting systems and hierarchies. This will include data management and analysis as well special projects for management as required. The Sr. International Accountant & Financial Analyst will be expected to contribute to solutions to issues that arise and improvements to systems and processes. This position reports to the International Controller.
Key Job Responsibilities
• Drive the month end close process for the international subsidiaries. Execute the steps to load their financial results into financial systems. Maintain and enhance the tools used to execute the transfer of data from the international subsidiaries to Corporate.
• Create and upload journal entries as needed to adjust the international results.
• Execute the intercompany receivable/payable process. This includes sharing intercompany charges with the subsidiaries and performing the monthly reconciliations to ensure proper elimination through researching and resolving variances.
• Analyze the foreign currency translation results both balance sheet and P&L to ensure that they are accurate and appropriate.
• Provide support to external and internal auditors for their work on the international subsidiaries. This includes analyzing quarterly analytics on results as well as gathering information as required from the subsidiaries.
• Support the development, automation, and maintenance of extensively used reports.
• Analyze data to identify issues and contribute to their resolution.
• Drive improvements in reporting, analytics, and dashboards to support business leadership decision making.
• Facilitate the international annual budgeting process and subsequent forecasts.
• Maintain location data integrity in the system.
• Support significant projects and analytics for leadership.
• BS/BA in Accounting/Finance
• 2-4 years general/staff accounting experience
• Experience with accounting for foreign operations is a plus
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills
• Strong analytical skills
• Strong system and data management skills
• Experience with Oracle or similar ERP software
• Experience with Anaplan or equivalent software a plus
• Thorough knowledge of Excel (advanced level)
• Able to work with little supervision
• Able to make decision on how best to approach a given assignment
Competency Group = 2
• Deliver World Class Service
• Do The Right Thing
• Demonstrates Self-Awareness
• Drive Results
• Ensures Accountability
• See The Big Picture
• Decision Quality
• Manages Complexity
• Value People
For more information on our Competency Group, refer to the Competency Based Talent Management page on Encore Connect by searching for the title or copy & pasting this URL Link: (https://psav.sharepoint.com/sites/HR/SitePages/Competency-Supported-Talent-Management.aspx).
Work is performed primarily in an office environment. Working times may include irregular hours and on-call status including days, evenings, weekends, and holidays. Team members must adhere to appearance guidelines as defined by Encore based in an office environment and when traveling, on an individual venue or a representation of venues in that city or area.
The above information on this description is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned.
Early Career Development Programs
Encore is always looking for talented people who are passionate about creating memorable experiences that inspire change. Find out how you can jump-start your career in our dynamic industry.LEARN MORE
- Event Sales Manager, Audio Visual -St. Regis Sales - Venue Sales, Audio Visual 34330602048 California, United States
- Repair Technician - Las Vegas Supply & Log - Warehousing 33661135104 Nevada, United States
- Event Technical Lead, Audio Visual - Omni San Francisco Ops - Technical Services, Audio Visual 34330567648 California, United States
- Event Audio Visual Technician - Winnipeg Ops - Technical Services, Audio Visual 34306011856 Manitoba, Canada
Your career and ambitions aren’t tied down to one place. We’re the exclusive on-site event technology provider to over 1,500 venues around the world, filling your future with global possibilities.explore locations
Career Path Opportunities
Discover everywhere you can go and the impact you can have. Your career is never limited to one location with Encore.LEARN MORE
What to Expect
We want to give you a window into our recruitment process to ensure that your journey to becoming a Encore team member is a positive experience.LEARN MORE
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Stay connected and receive the latest career opportunities at Encore.