Senior Applications DeveloperJob ID SENIO014648 Date posted 06/09/2022 Location Schiller Park , Illinois Position Type Full Time
The Senior Application Developer is responsible for analyzing, estimating, designing, documenting, testing and implementing business applications that provide solutions to support business processes. Functions include the development of Windows, mobile and Web based applications using Microsoft development technologies. The position is expected to lead project execution and manage the onsite/offshore project teams, design and complete code reviews of the assigned teams. The position is partners directly with the Development Manager, Escalation Analyst, Service Desk, Database Administration and User Community to solve user production issues. This position reports to the Manager of Application Development.
Key Job Responsibilities
• Work with business owners, business analysts, architects, DBA team, other developers and/or any 3rd party vendors when necessary to design, develop and test applications.
• Adhere to the defined software development methodologies for ensuring milestones are met and technology standards are followed.
• Take ownership of the project and drive it to completion.
• Develop solution and create system design and programming specification documents as needed.
• Work with DBA to develop database structure for applications.
• Think outside of the box to provide solutions for technical challenges.
• Work with Business Analyst function and business users to perform unit and system testing to maintain quality standard.
• Function as project / technical lead when needed.
• Actively build and maintain user relationship.
• Stay in touch with new technologies and technical trends.
• Lead the project team on assigned projects. Work directly with the business user and agree to project delivery dates.
• Ensure that assigned projects are completed within allocated budgets and schedules, while also meeting business objectives.
• Communicate project milestones, priorities and deliverables to business partners and team members.
• Manage and appropriately escalate delivery impediments, risks, issues and changes tied to the team’s development initiatives.
• Manage project team’s tasks, identifies necessary resources and develops schedules to meet project completion deadlines.
• Coach offshore teams on agile supporting processes and guide the project team to adopt and embrace change.
• Delegate tasks to project team based on the individual’s skill set and availability.
• Assist tier 2 support of all production applications, both web and client server based during service restoration events.
• Analyze production issues and provide solutions for problem solving in a timely manner.
• Create and update necessary technical and user documentations as needed.
• Participate in other production support activities as requested.
• Assist Application Developers to resolve complex technical issues.
• Create and maintain technical process, code and design documentation.
• Help establish an environment for team and project collaboration.
• Maintain the knowledgebase of application development process and technical standard.
• Provide technical mentoring and support for other application development team members. Coach junior members of the team in building reusable code using Mulesoft technology.
• Assist in training Service Desk staff.
• Provide a continual example of high-level, quality service to all co-workers and customers.
• Recommend process improvements as it relates to improving team communication, project communication, and overall development and testing methodologies.
• Coordinate issue resolution with other internal and external resources.
• BS or equivalent degree in Computer Science
• 6+ year of hands-on application development and support experience
• Expert level experience in C#, VB.NET, ASP.NET MVC development in a Microsoft Windows environment required
• Mulesoft 4 experience required
• Experience building responsive web application using Bootstrap and Angular
• 3+ years of Object-Oriented development experience required
• Should have experience working with and managing offshore teams.
• Proficiency in Microsoft SQL Server databases and supporting tools required
• HTML, XML, XSLT, XSD and Web Service (SOAP,REST) experience required
• Experience with mobile (Xamarin) desired
• Experience with Microsoft CRM a plus
• Experience with Oracle DB and Oracle Financials a plus
• Experience with software design patterns and SOA, Mulesoft is a plus
• Experience developing technical design specifications in a structure development methodology
• 3rd party software integration experience
• Ability to create and maintain positive and professional business relationship with both internal associates and external business users
• Ability to self-prioritize, negotiate, and manage requests from multiple projects
• Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Highly motivated individual with passion for learning/sharing information from/with peers
• Strategic Mindset
• Tech Savvy
• Decision Quality
• Organizational Savvy
• Communicates Effectively
Work is performed primarily in an office environment. Up to 20% of the time will be required for travel and normal business operations conducted in corporate offices outside of Illinois. Working times may include irregular hours and on-call status including days, evenings, weekends and holidays. Team members must adhere to appearance guidelines as defined by Encore based in an office environment and when traveling, on an individual venue or a representation of venues in that city or area.
Early Career Development Programs
Encore is always looking for talented people who are passionate about creating memorable experiences that inspire change. Find out how you can jump-start your career in our dynamic industry.LEARN MORE
- Event Technician, Audio Visual - Four Seasons Seattle Ops - Technical Services, Audio Visual 31481116544 Washington, United States
- Senior Sales Manager , Events - Gaylord Opryland, Nashville TN Sales - Venue Sales 32156386144 Tennessee, United States
- Event Technician, Audio Visual- Hyatt Regency Orlando Ops - Technical Services, Audio Visual 32156383104 Florida, United States
- Senior Warehouse Technician - Boston Branch (Dedham) Supply & Log - Warehousing 31141878416 Massachusetts, United States
Your career and ambitions aren’t tied down to one place. We’re the exclusive on-site event technology provider to over 1,500 venues around the world, filling your future with global possibilities.explore locations
Career Path Opportunities
Discover everywhere you can go and the impact you can have. Your career is never limited to one location with Encore.LEARN MORE
What to Expect
We want to give you a window into our recruitment process to ensure that your journey to becoming a Encore team member is a positive experience.LEARN MORE
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Stay connected and receive the latest career opportunities at Encore.