Senior AccountantJob ID SENIO010916 Date posted 01/06/2022 Location Schiller Park , Illinois Position Type Full Time
The Senior Accountant is responsible for the completion and maintenance of key general ledger balance sheet accounts, recording of monthly general ledger transactions, and analysis and reconciliation of selected general ledger accounts. This position requires excellent communication and strong data management skills in addition to proactively contributing to process change improvements. This Senior Accountant reports to the Manager, Accounting.
Key Job Responsibilities
Month End Close
• Complete journal entries in Oracle for all areas assigned in the month end close process within due dates.
• Proactively analyze results for all areas assigned to identify issues and contribute to a timely and appropriate resolution.
• Research and analyze location income statements and general ledger accounts per requests from hotel directors and management.
• Correct problems such as miscoding or improperly booked entries.
• Actively work with the field operations to identify reporting improvements and to continuously improve internal service levels.
• Perform account reconciliations for a portion of the balance sheet chart of accounts as needed.
• Complete reconciliations in a timely and accurate manner on a monthly basis.
• Prepare requested schedules and assist in follow up research required to complete the quarterly and annual internal and external audits.
Sarbanes Oxley controls and Ad-hoc requests
• Ensure compliance with SOX 404 controls and perform other ad-hoc requests for accounting as needed.
• Assist the Corporate Finance function in improving processes and procedures for more efficiency and effectiveness in reporting and analysis.
• Actively participate in special projects as assigned.
• Bachelors and/or Masters in Accounting
• Certified Public Accountant preferred
• 5 + years of general/staff accounting experience
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills
• Experience with Oracle or similar ERP software
• Advanced ability/proficient with Excel; comfortable working with/analyzing large data sets
• Strong data management skills
• Strong analytical skills
• Demonstrated attention to detail and concern for quality
• Ability to complete assignments accurately and in a timely manner
• Responsive to changing priorities and comfortable managing multiple projects simultaneously
• Comfortable with reading/interpreting contracts
Competencies (by Core Values)
• Analytical thinking
• Attention to detail
• Decision Making
Work is performed primarily in an office environment. Working times may include irregular hours and on-call status including days, evenings, weekends, and holidays. Team members must adhere to appearance guidelines as defined by Encore based in an office environment and when traveling, on an individual venue or a representation of venues in that city or area.
The above information on this description is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned.
Early Career Development Programs
Encore is always looking for talented people who are passionate about creating memorable experiences that inspire change. Find out how you can jump-start your career in our dynamic industry.LEARN MORE
- Event Technician, Audio Visual - Sheraton Palo Alto Ops - Technical Services, Audio Visual 29186291312 California, United States
- Event Technician, Audio Visual - The Westin Gaslamp Ops - Technical Services, Audio Visual 24297731872 California, United States
- Event Technician, Audio Visual -Sheraton Wild Horse Ops - Technical Services, Audio Visual 29453848704 Arizona, United States
- Event Technician, Audio Visual- Four Seasons Orlando Ops - Technical Services, Audio Visual 29453842064 Florida, United States
Your career and ambitions aren’t tied down to one place. We’re the exclusive on-site event technology provider to over 1,500 venues around the world, filling your future with global possibilities.explore locations
Career Path Opportunities
Discover everywhere you can go and the impact you can have. Your career is never limited to one location with Encore.LEARN MORE
What to Expect
We want to give you a window into our recruitment process to ensure that your journey to becoming a Encore team member is a positive experience.LEARN MORE
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Stay connected and receive the latest career opportunities at Encore.