Sales AssociateJob ID SALES015959 Date posted 08/02/2022 Location Schiller Park , Illinois Position Type Full Time
The Sales Associate is responsible for qualifying leads and managing the Event Technology Sales process for events of all sizes with a special focus on events under $5K in revenue. This role will deliver an excellent customer experience, optimize efficiencies, and maximize revenue per opportunity. The Sales Associate will also provide general sales and support including lead importing, order entry, opportunity management, and customer follow-up. This position will be based in Schiller Park, IL within the Corporate Headquarters and will work alongside other Sales Associates as a cohesive team. This position reports to the Regional Sales Director, Customer Support.
Key Job Responsibilities
Sales Support and Coordination
• Lead import/distribution for Venue complexes researching, as needed, to determine correct ownership of Lead.
• Directly sell smaller events such as Banquet Event Order (BEO) bookings, exhibitors, affiliate business, and In-Conjunction-With (ICW) events.
• Direct qualified leads to EventNow (eCommerce platform) as a buying channel for Encore customers and assist their online customer experience.
• Close business by obtaining commitment to buy while maximizing revenue and adhering to event profit guidelines for all assigned business.
• Manages customers’ requests by phone, on-line chat, email, and other channels. Follow up with internal and external customers through confirmed order hand-offs.
• Effectively use Encore tools/technology/systems and resources to promptly respond to customer requests.
• Ensure CRM is always accurate and up to date.
• Facilitate strong information exchange with aligned venue leadership teams.
· BS/BA is preferred or 1+ years of sales/event experience.
· Prior technology, sales, hospitality, or event planning experience a plus
· Technical aptitude and proficiency with computer software and programs
· Strong written and oral communication skills needed to effectively solicit and close business via phone/email.
• Communicates Effectively
• Action Oriented
• Sales Proficiency
• Exceeds Customer Expectations
• Results Oriented
• Relationship Management
• Interpersonal Organization
Work is performed in a centralized sales support environment within an office setting. The working conditions will vary between moderately quiet to noisy volumes. Working times will include irregular hours and on-call status including days, evenings, weekends, and holidays. Team members must adhere to appearance guidelines as defined by Encore based on an office environment and when traveling, on an individual venue or a representation of venues in that city or area.
Early Career Development Programs
Encore is always looking for talented people who are passionate about creating memorable experiences that inspire change. Find out how you can jump-start your career in our dynamic industry.LEARN MORE
- Event Sales Manager, Audio Visual -St. Regis Sales - Venue Sales, Audio Visual 34330602048 California, United States
- Repair Technician - Las Vegas Supply & Log - Warehousing 33661135104 Nevada, United States
- Event Technical Lead, Audio Visual - Omni San Francisco Ops - Technical Services, Audio Visual 34330567648 California, United States
- Event Audio Visual Technician - Winnipeg Ops - Technical Services, Audio Visual 34306011856 Manitoba, Canada
Your career and ambitions aren’t tied down to one place. We’re the exclusive on-site event technology provider to over 1,500 venues around the world, filling your future with global possibilities.explore locations
Career Path Opportunities
Discover everywhere you can go and the impact you can have. Your career is never limited to one location with Encore.LEARN MORE
What to Expect
We want to give you a window into our recruitment process to ensure that your journey to becoming a Encore team member is a positive experience.LEARN MORE
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Stay connected and receive the latest career opportunities at Encore.