Payroll Team LeadJob ID PAYRO08205 Date posted 04/23/2021 Location Schiller Park , Illinois Position Type Full Time
As an experienced team member of the Payroll team you will monitor the day to day operations of the department, taking the lead on payroll processing issues. The Payroll Team Lead will audit every payroll to ensure payroll is processed timely and accurately. The Payroll Team Lead will report to the Payroll Manager and lead a team of (1-3) payroll representatives in the execution and administration of accurate and timely payroll processing. This position is deadline driven and requires a work schedule to meet these deadlines.
Key Job Responsibilities
• Lead the payroll team with processing and troubleshooting issues on a daily basis.
• Ensure work flow and processes are to maximum efficiencies for business necessity.
• Audit every payroll to ensure payroll is processed timely and accurately and maintaining company and SOX compliance standards. Auditing duties will include review and editing of the pre-check reports in order to find and correct errors made during the payroll process.
• Create and maintain procedure manual
• Process all special payroll runs independently.
• Provide back-up support for payroll staff during periods of absence; must be proficient on each payroll.
• Supervise the production of the payroll team.
• Provide consultation, training and guidance to staff as needed.
• Manage performance, address employee concerns, maintain adequate staffing levels, and facilitate team development.
• Lead by example in portraying a positive and professional image
• Provide ongoing coaching, direction and professional development and to a group of direct reports.
• Partner with HR business partners to manage human resources activity including selection, performance management, salary administration, training and development and strategic human resources planning
• Establish and maintain strong working relationships with various internal departments and team members.
• Provide outstanding customer service when responding to all inquiries.
• Serve as a mentor to all Payroll team members, modeling approved techniques and best practices centered on Company values, while maintaining positive relationships with all.
• Comply with federal, state and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; enforce adherence to requirements; advise management on needed actions
• Maintain employee confidence and protect payroll operations by keeping information confidential.
• End of Year / W-2 reconciliation
• Assist with M & A
• Other project as assigned
• BS/BA preferred, FPC or CPP certification preferred
• 3 -5 years HR/Payroll experience management people in a high volume payroll processing environment, union experience is a plus
• Thorough knowledge of Ultimate Software, ADP, Kronos, Microsoft Excel
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills are essential
• Ability to independently troubleshoot payroll processing and system issues
• Action Oriented
• Optimizes Work Processes
• Decision Quality
•Drives Quality Results
Work is generally performed at an office that is moderately quiet. Team members will occasionally visit other work locations for meetings or for other business reasons. Working times will include days and may include evenings, weekends and holidays. Team members must adhere to appearance guidelines as defined by PSAV.
Early Career Development Programs
Encore is always looking for talented people who are passionate about creating memorable experiences that inspire change. Find out how you can jump-start your career in our dynamic industry.LEARN MORE
- Lead Software Developer IT - Applic Developmt 7086816176 Illinois, United States
- Sr Magento Developer IT - Applic Developmt 7790726272 Illinois, United States
- Directeur - Ventes et développement des affaires Admin - Operations 7483551808 Quebec, Canada
- Account Executive Sales - Sales Admin 7086817584 Alberta, Canada
Your career and ambitions aren’t tied down to one place. We’re the exclusive on-site event technology provider to over 1,500 venues around the world, filling your future with global possibilities.explore locations
Career Path Opportunities
Discover everywhere you can go and the impact you can have. Your career is never limited to one location with Encore.LEARN MORE
What to Expect
We want to give you a window into our recruitment process to ensure that your journey to becoming a Encore team member is a positive experience.LEARN MORE
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Stay connected and receive the latest career opportunities at Encore.