Manager, Inventory ControlJob ID MGRIN010256 Date posted 12/03/2021 Location Schiller Park , Illinois Position Type Full Time
The Mgr, Inventory Control manages the actions of the Inventory Control Team to ensure accuracy and integrity of Encore’s Fixed Assets Inventory and Inventory Control systems. This role will develop staff, improve processes, enhance systems, find efficiencies, and support management requests. The Mgr, Inventory Control will report to the Manager of Asset Processing.
Key Job Responsibilities
Inventory Control Management
• Direct the day to day operations of the Inventory Control Team through use of Encore’s various systems and tools.
• Oversee asset data integrity, the asset transfer process, the retirement process, and the asset related portion of the location closure process.
• Coordinate inventory control related matters with Asset Management, Field Operations and Finance Fixed Assets.
Annual Physical Inventory
• Implement and oversee all phases of the annual physical inventory process in the United States including the planning, coordination, training, communication, and reporting of all matters relating to the Annual Physical inventory to both field and corporate teams.
• Drive efficiencies in improving processes and minimize asset losses.
• Direct ad-hoc cycle count events during the year and provide guidance and insight to Physical Inventory efforts across the globe.
Asset Data Management
• Following Encore’s monthly financial close, obtain, review, and make available for reference the current asset database and ensure its accuracy against operations records and prior month.
• Create visualizations from the data using Excel, Tableau, and other tools to provide insight to leadership and field.
• Manage the day-to-day operations of the Inventory Control team.
• Hire, train, and develop a team of professionals; prioritize, lead, and assign work based on team member strengths and roles.
• Responsible for all aspects of the team member training, career development, and performance management.
• Govern the team’s individual and group performance, address employee concerns, maintain adequate staffing levels, and facilitate team development.
• Communicate with location/field personnel and/or vendors regarding policy and/or procedures regarding fixed assets.
• Identify/resolve any issues related to the accounting for fixed assets with both internal and external customers.
• BS/BA degree in related field.
• Minimum of 5+ years of Inventory Control, Personal Property Tax and GL accounting experience.
• Advanced data management and analysis skills with an emphasis on data management tools including Excel, Access, Tableau, Power BI and others
• Business presentation skills using powerpoint, Teams, and other tools
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong people management skills
• Attention to Communication
• Exceed Customer Expectations
• Concern for Quality
Work is performed primarily in an office environment. Working times may include irregular hours and on-call status including days, evenings, weekends, and holidays. Team members must adhere to appearance guidelines as defined by Encore based in an office environment and when traveling, on an individual venue or a representation of venues in that city or area.
The above information on this description is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned.
Early Career Development Programs
Encore is always looking for talented people who are passionate about creating memorable experiences that inspire change. Find out how you can jump-start your career in our dynamic industry.LEARN MORE
- Superviseur technique- Technical Supervisor- Centre Mont Royal Ops - General 22321658128 Quebec, Canada
- Event Sales Engineer, Specialty Services - Remote Sales - General 22321636448 Texas, United States, Illinois, United States, Florida, United States
- Event Technical Supervisor, Audio Visual - Hyatt Seattle Ops - Technical Services, Audio Visual Jobs 21185844032 Washington, United States
- Event Technician, Audio Visual- Phoenix Ops - Technical Services, Audio Visual Jobs 16676836208 Arizona, United States
Your career and ambitions aren’t tied down to one place. We’re the exclusive on-site event technology provider to over 1,500 venues around the world, filling your future with global possibilities.explore locations
Career Path Opportunities
Discover everywhere you can go and the impact you can have. Your career is never limited to one location with Encore.LEARN MORE
What to Expect
We want to give you a window into our recruitment process to ensure that your journey to becoming a Encore team member is a positive experience.LEARN MORE
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Stay connected and receive the latest career opportunities at Encore.