Manager, Accounting Policy and ReportingJob ID MGRAC08180 Date posted 03/09/2021 Location Schiller Park , Illinois Position Type Full Time
The Manager, Accounting Policy and Reporting position will lead our consolidated internal and external reporting function and serve as a technical accounting expert for the Company. This position will own financial reporting and statements, while ensuring compliance across the Encore accounting function. This individual will incorporate and maintain Accounting Policies in Technical and Corporate Accounting while reporting to the Chief Accounting Officer.
Key Job Responsibilities
Consolidated Reporting and Compliance
• Prepare and present the Company’s periodic consolidated financial statements, including quarterly and annual statements prepared in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and in a manner to be compliant with Securities and Exchange Commission reporting requirements.
• Lead monthly internal consolidated reporting for senior management.
• Assist in coordinating quarterly reviews and annual audits by the Company’s external auditors.
• Assist the Chief Accounting Officer with coordination of periodic Disclosure Committee meetings and preparation of materials for quarterly Audit Committee meetings.
• Document, design and test internal controls related to the consolidated financial reporting function to ensure compliance with the Sarbanes-Oxley Act.
Accounting Policies and Technical Accounting
• Maintain the Company’s financial accounting and reporting policies.
• Manage technical accounting areas, including formally documenting accounting for complex transactions and processes such as stock-based compensation, debt modifications, leases and foreign currency matters.
• Lead annual goodwill and indefinite-lived intangibles impairment review.
• Research and implement new accounting pronouncements, including documenting and communicating their effect on the Company and its subsidiaries.
• Partner in acquisition-related activities, including leading the coordination with the Company’s third party valuation firm, assisting with financial due diligence, participating in post-acquisition financial integration and documenting accounting considerations and application of purchase accounting.
• Assist with ad hoc information requests from the Treasury, Corporate Development and FP&A departments.
• Bachelors and/or Master’s degree in Accounting discipline
• 7+ years of progressive experience in an accounting and reporting roles, with prior experience in a public accounting firm preferred. Must be a certified public accountant.
• Ability to analyze complex accounting issues and transactions.
• Advanced ability / proficient with Excel
• Strong technical knowledge of U.S. GAAP.
• Must possess excellent written and oral communication skills, strong analytical and organizational skills, the ability to prioritize responsibilities and a high degree of accuracy for success in this position.
• Experience with Oracle financial systems a plus.
• Managers Complexity
• Decision Quality
• Financial Acumen
• Drives Engagement
• Ensures Accountability
• Instills Trust
Work is performed primarily in an office environment. Working times may include irregular hours and on-call status including days, evenings, weekends and holidays. Team members must adhere to appearance guidelines as defined by Encore based in an office environment and when traveling, on an individual venue or a representation of venues in that city or area.
Early Career Development Programs
Encore is always looking for talented people who are passionate about creating memorable experiences that inspire change. Find out how you can jump-start your career in our dynamic industry.LEARN MORE
- Marketing Content Manager Mktg - General 6038571776 Illinois, United States
- Part Time Technician, Audio Visual Ops - Technical Services 5349031184 Florida, United States
- Lead Software Developer IT - Applic Developmt 6216484912 Illinois, United States
- Sales Director, Hotel Services - New York Hilton Midtown Sales - Venue Sales 6501707888 New York, United States
Your career and ambitions aren’t tied down to one place. We’re the exclusive on-site event technology provider to over 1,500 venues around the world, filling your future with global possibilities.explore locations
Career Path Opportunities
Discover everywhere you can go and the impact you can have. Your career is never limited to one location with Encore.LEARN MORE
What to Expect
We want to give you a window into our recruitment process to ensure that your journey to becoming a Encore team member is a positive experience.LEARN MORE
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Stay connected and receive the latest career opportunities at Encore.