Director, Global AccountsJob ID DIREC08160 Date posted 02/09/2021 Location Schiller Park , IL Position Type Full-Time
Key Job Responsibilities
The person in this position is responsible for utilizing services from production, product solutions team, creative services, technical and operational support to properly propose and sell Encore’s portfolio of services to clients. This partnership is critical to bring the right solution at the right price to customers by using the strength of the expertise and knowledge base where best used.
This role is the sales interface between the customer and the business to ensure we are meeting and exceeding customer expectations at any given time. When required and in partnership with production teams, the Director of Global Accounts will help set expectations if required at key points in event delivery or at key moments in the progression of the account relationship. This responsibility may include contract changes, scope of work changes, and incentive or pricing renegotiation. This position reports to the Group Director, Global Sales.
- Identify and develop net new sales and account plan(s) designed to increase revenue
- Follow company compliance and SOPs including scope and budget approval process.
- Act as the key contact for key existing and prospect clients, understand customer’s needs and goals, and create and execute a strategy that aligns the Encore resources and solutions that solve customer needs.
- Cultivate existing network and develop new client contacts and new client (organizations) to add to portfolio
- Qualify and quantify the customers holistic needs in event production to cover the end to end services we offer in our solution mix including: strategy, creative ,staging services, Event Technology, Production, content and all technical event needs for in-person, virtual and hybrid events.
- Create and execute account plans to further penetrate the account. Present these on a quarterly basis to Group Director Global Sales. These plans include regular customer business reviews, understanding their portfolio, regular customer interaction, cultivating relationships at all levels of their business, and action plans to identify and secure both short and long-term revenue opportunities.
- Ensure each account shows consistent progress of Encore moving from vendor status through desired role of partner and trusted advisor and moving up the buy/sell hierarchy by consistently establishing and delivering on our Core Value Proposition.
- Understand customer’s industry trends and associations, and build a network that continues to establish credibility, rapport, and opportunities to engage customers.
- Develop deep knowledge of customer procurement strategies, structure, businesses, and synergies and how they use events to further their business objectives.
- Aggregate client account-based growth data and evaluate areas of opportunity.
- Anticipate client needs and proactively develop an approach that is tailored to each client
- Model account-based trends on a weekly, monthly, and annual basis, and compare data with previous years' results and forecast future account-based growth rates.
- Drive results through customized solutions.
- Serve as a subject matter expert for all of Encore’s owned subsidiary companies with the ability to sell full solutions to the customer’s holistic needs.
- Responsible for generating leads and mining opportunities within existing accounts to drive incremental revenue.
- Understand industry trends that impact customer buying behaviors and offer innovative solutions.
- Networking and regular engagement in relevant industry organizations at national and local chapter levels.
- Meet and exceed quarterly and annual quotas.
- Actively manage account pipeline throughout the entire organization for all Encore services including all core services Encore provides to clients.
Operational and Technical Support
- Communicate the technical needs of each program effectively to clients and internal partners.
- Review quotes to ensure compliance with MSA agreements and Encore policy.
- Utilize software tools including diagrams, proposals, renderings, CAD drawings and related technical material to sell programs to clients while managing budget and exceeding customer expectations.
- Understand Encore’s brand, product offerings, and servicing divisions and communicate the customer’s needs cross functionally.
Information Management, Reporting, and Company Support
- Work closely with Encore internal contacts to realize account objectives and act as a liaison point on resolving customer experience and internal issues.
- Identify and assign Encore team members, including senior leadership on the buy/sell hierarchy for key accounts.
- Monitor and maintain accurate and timely compass (CRM) activity data entry, billing records, show evaluations, customer surveys, monthly or quarterly reporting as required, and any other information on assigned accounts requested by management in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Maintain timely and consistent customer reporting, delivery, and communication of key requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree desirable
- Minimum 6+ years of event solution sales/or Sales Management industry experience ideally within association or corporate networks
- Demonstrated excellent customer service skills
- Ability to understand and support the creation technically and/or logistically complex proposals
- Ability to create and execute a strategic customized account plan
- Experience and proven track record in networking targeted customers at industry events and a solid sales track record
- Experience working within a team environment to over-deliver on desired results
- Experience with high-level (Director or above) contract negotiations and the ability to successfully navigate complex organizations
- Excellent computer skills including all Microsoft Office applications
- Experience with the use of customer relationship database
- Experience with creating and executing presentations using PowerPoint and/or other forms of media
- Strong written and oral communication skills needed to draft sales presentations, and effectively solicit business via phone and face to face customer contact, as well as through tradeshow and industry events
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple projects
- In depth understanding of the meetings and event technology industries
- Desire and ability to travel within the United States or abroad
Early Career Development Programs
Encore is always looking for talented people who are passionate about creating memorable experiences that inspire change. Find out how you can jump-start your career in our dynamic industry.LEARN MORE
- Projektleiter (m/w/d) im Bereich Veranstaltungstechnik Rigging, Power, Internet & Networking 18937558 Germany
- test posting - for backend setup Information Technology 18925270 Illinois, United States
- test posting - for backend setup Information Technology 18913234 Illinois, United States
- test posting - for backend setup Information Technology 18913235 Illinois, United States
Your career and ambitions aren’t tied down to one place. We’re the exclusive on-site event technology provider to over 1,500 venues around the world, filling your future with global possibilities.explore locations
Career Path Opportunities
Discover everywhere you can go and the impact you can have. Your career is never limited to one location with Encore.LEARN MORE
What to Expect
We want to give you a window into our recruitment process to ensure that your journey to becoming a Encore team member is a positive experience.LEARN MORE
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Stay connected and receive the latest career opportunities at Encore.