Director, AV Design & IntegrationJob ID DIREC08222 Date posted 04/26/2021 Location Schiller Park , Illinois Position Type Full Time
The Director of AV Design and Integration leads a team of Audio-Visual (AV) design and integration professionals throughout the company’s international footprint to deliver high quality consultation, designs, installations and support to venue partners while ensuring the utmost in customer satisfaction. This position will build a design and integration team of 5+ professionals plus subcontractors supporting upwards of 30 projects per year. The Director directs and coordinates broad activities to support continuous improvement in design and integration practice, support delivery and customer satisfaction. Responsible for the financial management of all installation projects ensuring that all aspects are completed on time and on budget this role manages expenses, this role optimizes efficiency and economy of operations and provides excellent service quality with on-time delivery. This position will report to the Vice President, Specialty Services.
Key Job Responsibilities
• Provide internal and external leadership and customer experiences, acting in unity with operations and sales teams as well as venue partners to facilitate high quality consultation, designs, installations and support.
• Maintain oversight of large or strategic sales opportunities being handled by the team.
• Create, own and continually improve processes around consultation, designs, installations and support including procurement, inventory, accounting, logistics and documentation focusing on providing an excellent customer experience while minimizing costs.
• Work with other parts of Specialty Services, Venue Sales, Operations, Global Learning and other support functions to identify opportunities to improve internal or external service and develop mutually beneficial processes that add efficiency to the business.
• Provide management, guidance and mentorship to the team including selection, motivation, performance management, salary administration, progressive discipline, training and development and strategic human resources planning.
• Implement and cultivate a team environment that focuses on service levels, customer satisfaction, and productivity.
• Promote and drive professional development and training efforts to improve overall business acumen, technical knowledge and project management.
• Foster an environment that empowers employees to make positive decisions and lead their teams while maintaining accountability for actions and results.
• Oversee the research and development of new technologies focusing on improving reliability, features and relevance in the market.
• Create and maintain relationships with current and potential vendor partners.
• Act as the final design authority for the group, delegating day to day responsibility to senior team members and suggesting alternatives where required.
Communications and Reporting
• Establish and maintain relationships with venue sales team and regional operations managers. Participate in industry activities, events and brand initiatives that add to the company’s credibility and forward our interests.
• Ensure all team members are communicating appropriately to maximize efficiency and eliminate duplicate or unnecessary steps.
• Ensure teams are communicating directly with project stakeholders including hotel employees, PSAV location team and PSAV regional management.
• Provide regular reporting to Vice President, Specialty Services including reports on project finance, staff activities and movements, technical roadmap and other directives or initiatives as may require regular information review.
• Bachelor of Science or equivalent in Computer Science or commensurate experience
• 8+ years of progressive management experience in an AV design and integration project-based environment
• Experience managing a team of 5+ individuals
• Comprehensive knowledge of a wide variety of common AV systems including video, audio, lighting, control and monitoring.
• Experience working as part of hospitality construction and renovation projects including reading and editing construction drawings like system schematics and CAD diagrams.
• Highly motivated individual with passion for leadership, customer service, follow-through and learning
• Ability to handle difficult and sensitive situations
• Ability to self-prioritize, negotiate, and manage requests from multiple sources
• Strong verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to influence other levels of management, develop technical documentation, and create customer / internal communications
• General business management thorough knowledge of support policies and procedures
Competencies (by Core Values)
• Manages Complexity
• Instills Trust
• Tech Savvy
• Ensures Accountability
• Cultivates Innovation
• Builds Effective Teams
Work is performed primarily in an office environment. Working times may include irregular hours and on-call status including days, evenings, weekends and holidays. Team members must adhere to appearance guidelines as defined by PSAV based in an office environment and when traveling, on an individual venue or a representation of venues in that city or area.
Early Career Development Programs
Encore is always looking for talented people who are passionate about creating memorable experiences that inspire change. Find out how you can jump-start your career in our dynamic industry.LEARN MORE
- Lead Software Developer IT - Applic Developmt 7086816176 Illinois, United States
- Sr Magento Developer IT - Applic Developmt 7790726272 Illinois, United States
- Directeur - Ventes et développement des affaires Admin - Operations 7483551808 Quebec, Canada
- Account Executive Sales - Sales Admin 7086817584 Alberta, Canada
Your career and ambitions aren’t tied down to one place. We’re the exclusive on-site event technology provider to over 1,500 venues around the world, filling your future with global possibilities.explore locations
Career Path Opportunities
Discover everywhere you can go and the impact you can have. Your career is never limited to one location with Encore.LEARN MORE
What to Expect
We want to give you a window into our recruitment process to ensure that your journey to becoming a Encore team member is a positive experience.LEARN MORE
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Stay connected and receive the latest career opportunities at Encore.