Benefits SpecialistJob ID BENEF08226 Date posted 04/30/2021 Location Schiller Park , Illinois Position Type Full Time
The Benefits Specialist is responsible for the day-to-day administration of group benefits programs (group health, dental, vision, short-term and long-term disability, life insurance, travel and accident plan, health savings account, flexible spending plan, 401(k) plan and retirement plan). The Benefits Specialist also provides excellent customer service to internal and external customers. The Benefits Administrator will report to the Director of Total Rewards.
Key Job Responsibilities
• Serve as primary contact for plan vendors and third-party administrators.
• Evaluate, document, revise and maintain internal benefit administrative procedures to reduce costs and/or increase efficiency.
• Ensure compliance with applicable government regulations (i.e. ACA, HIPAA, ERISA, COBRA, etc…).
• Analyze employee data, ensure accuracy of data and process all group plan billings timely manner.
• Ensure timeliness and accuracy of required reporting and fees.
• Develop and maintain knowledge of all plan designs and functions and respond to employee requests for conflict resolution.
• Maintain confidentiality and privacy of any personal or sensitive data.
• Consult and advise employees on eligibility, coverage and other matters related to PSAV’s benefits and 401(k) plan.
• Oversee monthly benefits eligibility in accordance to PSAV, state and/or federal plan guidelines to identify newly eligible employees and employees who no longer qualify for benefits coverage.
• Distribute and maintain health insurance enrollment materials for monthly eligibility changes, open enrollment periods, employee orientations, summary plan descriptions or for packages requested by field employees.
• Ensure all health and welfare enrollment elections and specialized claims are processed in accordance with plan specifications and that they are submitted to insurance vendors on a weekly basis.
• Compiles and maintains benefit records and documents in HRIS in accordance with plan specifications and ensure data accuracy.
• Follow-up on any incomplete enrollment elections and/or documentation.
• Audit enrollment elections and deductions within HRIS each pay period.
• Cross-train with the Benefits Specialist (Leave of Absence Administration) on the functions performed in managing leaves of absences as this role will be that person’s primary back-up
• Cross-train the Benefits Specialist who manages leaves on the functions performed in this role as the Specialist will be this job’s primary back-up
• Assist HR Shared Services Team with any other duties as assigned
• Provide system reporting by running standard weekly and monthly HRIS reports.
• Create and run benefit reports from PSAV’s HR system for function users and HR customers, which will include monthly and quarterly filings.
• Bachelors degree or equivalent experience required
• At least 3 years benefits administration experience
• Extensive knowledge and understanding of HR, Benefits and Payroll processes
• Knowledge of all employment laws, including FMLA and ADA
• Excellent verbal/written communications and customer service skills
• Excellent attention to detail
• Persistent follow through on assignments
• Ability to consistently deliver high quality customer service in a professional manner
• Excellent time management and organizational skills (ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously)
• Ability to work independently
• Comfortable working in a fast paced environment
• Ability to work as a team member including the ability to be flexible with changing priorities based on the business need
• Ability to accurately enter and manage sensitive employee data and manual records.
• Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office products and HRIS software (preferably Ultimate Software)
• Concern for Quality
• Exceeds Customer Expectations
Work is generally performed at an office that is moderately quiet. Team members will occasionally visit other work locations for meetings or for other business reasons. Working times will include days and may include evenings, weekends and holidays. Team members must adhere to appearance guidelines as defined by PSAV.
Early Career Development Programs
Encore is always looking for talented people who are passionate about creating memorable experiences that inspire change. Find out how you can jump-start your career in our dynamic industry.LEARN MORE
- Lead Software Developer IT - Applic Developmt 7086816176 Illinois, United States
- Sr Magento Developer IT - Applic Developmt 7790726272 Illinois, United States
- Directeur - Ventes et développement des affaires Admin - Operations 7483551808 Quebec, Canada
- Account Executive Sales - Sales Admin 7086817584 Alberta, Canada
Your career and ambitions aren’t tied down to one place. We’re the exclusive on-site event technology provider to over 1,500 venues around the world, filling your future with global possibilities.explore locations
Career Path Opportunities
Discover everywhere you can go and the impact you can have. Your career is never limited to one location with Encore.LEARN MORE
What to Expect
We want to give you a window into our recruitment process to ensure that your journey to becoming a Encore team member is a positive experience.LEARN MORE
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Stay connected and receive the latest career opportunities at Encore.