Associate Accounts Payable SpecialistJob ID ASSOC010063 Date posted 11/17/2021 Location Schiller Park , Illinois Position Type Full Time
The Associate Accounts Payable (AP) Specialist supports Encore’s business groups and their initiatives This position completes the timely processing of invoices through AP application software, perform the day-to-day processing of accounts payable transactions to ensure that vendor accounts are up to date and accurate. This position reports to the Sr Mgr. Accounts Payable.
Key Job Responsibilities
• Compile, process, and maintain Accounts Payable invoices. Perform a 3-way match within AP application software systems by verifying accuracy of the Invoice data to the PO and receipt of PO data.
• Process and enter 400-500 invoices per week with minimal supervision.
• Process and follow-up on rush items.
• Special projects as assigned.
Internal & External Communication
• Communicate with internal customers such as Encore location personnel (DET’s and other buyers) and/or outside vendors regarding obtaining required documentation.
• Work with AP Team on production of invoices within various Ques to ensure invoices are processed on time and accurately.
• Ensure all invoices are attached (PDF) copies into AP Software application for easy retrieval.
• Open and process daily mail. Process all that need to be uploaded into AP software system.
• Minimum of a High School degree or equivalent experience. Accounting classes preferred.
• 2+ years Account Payable experience
• Excellent customer service and telephone skills required
• Oracle and Excel experience preferred
• Must communicate professionally at all levels
• Demonstrate excellent problem-solving skills and ability
• Self-motivated and willing to learn
• Analytical skills
• Ability to be flexible, multi-task and prioritize work within time constraints is required
• Ability to be an effective team member and display initiative
• Displays high level of professionalism and responsiveness to all stakeholders – both with internal Encore buyers as well as vendors
• Ability to drive results by taking ownership of “portfolio” and resolving issues
• Suggest improvements and help implement and support any changes
• Ability to handle confidential information in a discreet, professional manner
• Ability to handle difficult situations with vendors in a professional manner
• Communicates Effectively
• Balances Stakeholders
• Optimizes Work Processes
• Decision Quality
Work is performed primarily in an office environment. Working times may include irregular hours and on-call status including days, evenings, weekends, and holidays. Team members must adhere to appearance guidelines as defined by Encore based in an office environment and when traveling, on an individual venue or a representation of venues in that city or area.
The above information on this description is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned.
Early Career Development Programs
Encore is always looking for talented people who are passionate about creating memorable experiences that inspire change. Find out how you can jump-start your career in our dynamic industry.LEARN MORE
- Event Technical Supervisor, Audio Visual - Hyatt Seattle Ops - Technical Services, Audio Visual Jobs 21185844032 Washington, United States
- Event Technician, Audio Visual- Phoenix Ops - Technical Services, Audio Visual Jobs 16676836208 Arizona, United States
- Full Time Event Technician, Audio Visual - Renaissance Dallas Hotel Ops - Technical Services, Audio Visual Jobs 19414305008 Texas, United States
- Seasonal Event Technician, Audio Visual- Hyatt Airport Ops - Technical Services, Audio Visual Jobs 19333337296 Florida, United States
Your career and ambitions aren’t tied down to one place. We’re the exclusive on-site event technology provider to over 1,500 venues around the world, filling your future with global possibilities.explore locations
Career Path Opportunities
Discover everywhere you can go and the impact you can have. Your career is never limited to one location with Encore.LEARN MORE
What to Expect
We want to give you a window into our recruitment process to ensure that your journey to becoming a Encore team member is a positive experience.LEARN MORE
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Stay connected and receive the latest career opportunities at Encore.