Applications DeveloperJob ID APPLI018493 Date posted 11/09/2022 Location Schiller Park , Illinois Position Type Full Time
The responsibility of the Application Developer will be to analyze, estimate, design, document, test and implement business applications using various technologies while adhering to the PSAV Development framework. Primary technologies used are Microsoft based, with exposure to both Web and Windows based solutions. This position is required to work directly with the Development Manager, System Architect, and PMO team. Secondary focus will be to support the user community and Service Desk team with application related issues. The position will report to the Manager of Application Services.
Works directly with the Development Manager and development team members to develop and test applications. Adheres to the defined software development methodologies for ensuring milestones are met and technology standards are followed. Support the PMO team through business requirement gathering and analysis if required. Provide timely development work status update when requested. Provide technical know-how and guidance to the development team. Deploys solution updates within established release management windows (typically off-hours).
Analyzes production issues and provide solutions for resolution in a timely manner. Works directly with customers, level 1, and level 2 support teams and Development Manager to provide feedback and gather information to assist with issue resolution. Responsible for creating and updating technical and user documentations as needed. Coordinate issue resolution with internal and external resources as needed.
Comments code as defined by the development framework. Create system design and programming specification documents as needed. Create and maintain developer and administrator guides. Maintain the knowledgebase of application development process and technical standards
Assist management with the creation of broad-based technology direction and standards. Make recommendation of process improvements as it relates to improving team communication, project communication, and overall development and testing methodologies. Provide support for other application development team members.
• 4+ years of hands-on application development and support experience.
• Expert level experience with Microsoft .NET technologies and frameworks required (Visual Studio 2012 and higher, C#, ASP.Net, WinForms)
• Experience with Microsoft SQL Server technologies and tools required (2005, and higher)
• Microsoft CRM 4.X (or higher) experience a plus
• Microsoft VB.Net 1.X Framework WinForms experience a plus
• 3rd party software integration (webMethods, BizTalk) integration experience a plus
• Content Management Systems (Sitecore, Sharepoint) a plus
• Mobile software development (Xamarin) a plus
• Experience with Oracle DB and Oracle Financials a plus
• Experience developing technical design specifications in a structured development methodology a plus
• Ability to create and maintain positive and professional business relationship with both internal associates and external business users
• Ability to self-prioritize, negotiate, and manage requests from multiple projects
• Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Highly motivated individual with passion for learning/sharing information from/with peers
• BS or equivalent degree in computer science
• Demonstrated history of continued/continuing training
• Manages Complexity
• Tech Savvy
• Ensures Accountability
• Drives Quality Results
• Manages Ambiguity
Work is performed primarily in an office environment. Working times may include irregular hours and on-call status including days, evenings, weekends and holidays. Team members must adhere to appearance guidelines as defined by PSAV based in an office environment and when traveling, on an individual venue or a representation of venues in that city or area.
Early Career Development Programs
Encore is always looking for talented people who are passionate about creating memorable experiences that inspire change. Find out how you can jump-start your career in our dynamic industry.LEARN MORE
- Event Technician - Full Time - Marriott St. Louis Grand Ops - Technical Services 41172436240 Missouri, United States
- Part-Time Event Rigger - Denver Ops - Rigging 41172425232 Colorado, United States
- Event Technician, Audio Visual - Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Ops - Technical Services, Audio Visual 41162679968 Florida, United States
- Lead Power Distribution Technician Renaissance Sea World Ops - Power 41172417840 Florida, United States
Your career and ambitions aren’t tied down to one place. We’re the exclusive on-site event technology provider to over 1,500 venues around the world, filling your future with global possibilities.explore locations
Career Path Opportunities
Discover everywhere you can go and the impact you can have. Your career is never limited to one location with Encore.LEARN MORE
What to Expect
We want to give you a window into our recruitment process to ensure that your journey to becoming a Encore team member is a positive experience.LEARN MORE
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Stay connected and receive the latest career opportunities at Encore.