Event Technical Lead | OttawaJob ID EVENT017270 Date posted 09/19/2022 Location Ottawa , Ontario Position Type Full Time
The Technical Lead is responsible for intermediate level set up and operation of small to large-scale audiovisual systems in a hospitality environment while ensuring complete customer satisfaction. This position reports to an Operations Manager, Operations Director, or Director of Event Technology.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Responsible for accurate and timely setup, operation, and breakdown of intermediate audiovisual equipment.
- Troubleshoot technical issues and resolve problems quickly as they arise.
- Complies with all Company security and safety measures.
- Ensures equipment is secure from theft and/or damage when in use.
- Provides excellent service and strive to exceed the expectations and needs of internal and external customers.
- Be a leader, mentor and coach for other Technicians on ENCORE’s Delivering World Class Service philosophy.
- Maintains a positive relationship with all clients through effective communication.
- Meets with guests on site to ensure that their needs are met and the equipment setup is working properly.
- Monitors events and checks in on customers throughout the day.
- Understands and fosters the hotel/client relationship.
- Understands the technical aspects of the job and demonstrates advanced operational ability to troubleshoot and problem solve with equipment and software issues.
- Anticipates equipment challenges and changes in a timely and professional manner.
- Understands company processes, follows procedures and completes systems entry and paperwork accurately.
- Uses the equipment sheets to determine the equipment scheduled for set up and for strike.
- Interacts with other staff and outside vendors for equipment.
- Increases revenue by utilizing floor up-selling techniques.
- Work with clients to finalize invoices.
- As needed, work within ENCORE systems and applications
- High school diploma required. Associate’s degree is preferred.
- ENCORE Technical Level 3 Certification is required. New ENCORE team members must be certified by their location within 30 days.
- 1 - ENCORE Technical Level Two Core Certification is required (Audio, Lighting, Projection, Video, Scenic). New ENCORE team members must be certified by a qualified proctor within 60 days.
- 2-3+ years of customer service or hospitality experience is preferred.
- 2-3+ years of audio visual experience is required.
- A valid driver’s license is required for team members in positions that may operate Company vehicles
- Additional DOT requirement may need to be met if applicable.
- Safety Conscious
- Decision Quality
- Tech Savvy
- Communicates Effectively
- Drives Results
Early Career Development Programs
Encore is always looking for talented people who are passionate about creating memorable experiences that inspire change. Find out how you can jump-start your career in our dynamic industry.LEARN MORE
- Associate Network Operations Center Engineer, IS IT - Network Engineering 36828827424 Illinois, United States
- Technical Director- Live Event Production Ops - General 36828793200 Florida, United States, Texas, United States, Nevada, United States
- Event Technician, Audio Visual - Westin Kierland Ops - Technical Services, Audio Visual 36796594208 Arizona, United States
- Event Technical Lead AV, Audio Visual North Charleston Marriott Ops - Technical Services, Audio Visual 36796659584 South Carolina, United States
Your career and ambitions aren’t tied down to one place. We’re the exclusive on-site event technology provider to over 1,500 venues around the world, filling your future with global possibilities.explore locations
Career Path Opportunities
Discover everywhere you can go and the impact you can have. Your career is never limited to one location with Encore.LEARN MORE
What to Expect
We want to give you a window into our recruitment process to ensure that your journey to becoming a Encore team member is a positive experience.LEARN MORE
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Stay connected and receive the latest career opportunities at Encore.