Director of Event Technology I - Sheraton Ottawa HotelJob ID DIREC014907 Date posted 06/21/2022 Location Ottawa , Ontario Position Type Full Time
The Director, Event Technology I is responsible for achieving the revenue and profitability goals of an assigned location(s). This position ensures the team delivers World-Class service while cultivating and maintaining relationships with key venue personnel to enhance the overall business relationship with the venue. The DET promotes high performance, accountability and continuous improvement in the team and fosters a collaborative environment that values learning and a commitment to quality. This role will report to the Area Director, Venues or RVP, Venues.
Key Job Responsibilities
Financial Management and Reporting
• Drive Results by managing an efficient and profitable operation with a focused approach on revenue maximization and profitability using cost control measures in accordance with the company’s standard operating procedures.
• Achieve Encore’s financial goals for the location(s) by effectively managing labor, equipment sub-rentals and other costs.
• Understand and utilize operational and financial reports and completes standard and ad hoc reports accurately and on time.
• Utilize the Company billing system to coordinate invoicing activities and makes certain that billing is reviewed and approved by clients.
• See the Big Picture by completing the sales forecast at home location, ensuring they are accurate and submitted timely.
• Participate in business review presentations as needed, in collaboration with regional management.
• Review and manage location P & L and develops action plans to address deficiencies/grow the business
• Confirms venue partners process all payments to Encore in a timely basis.
• Perform daily floor operations including scheduling and equipment setups, operation, and strikes. Assist on the floor as needed.
• Ensure that all equipment and services are delivered on time, in good working condition and as specified by clients and the venue, and in accordance to brand standards.
• Anticipate equipment challenges and changes in a timely and professional manner.
• Use inventory control procedures to maintain proper inventory levels while also maintaining safety, security, and quality assurance of equipment.
• See the Big Picture by efficiently sharing labor and equipment within the local market.
• Attend all operational venue meetings such as daily stand up meetings with venue operations staff.
• Work with Regional Sales Director to create effective sales strategies to maximize revenue per-event for assigned customers including upsell and cross-sell opportunities.
• Prepare and deliver compelling presentations that convey the value of Encore and effectively solve customer challenges.
• Effectively prepare and present quotes and proposals in a timely manner to customers, including those submitted through www.psav.com, venue booking system, or other sources as assigned.
• Attend site visits, pre-conference planning meetings, and appropriate venue meetings as necessary to support the customer event experience.
• Collaborate with vendors and other departments/divisions of the company to capture and service events.
• Understand event cost structure and incorporate into solution designs according to established profitability guidelines.
• Attend customer meetings, understanding their goals and responding to their questions, concerns, and challenges.
• Do the Right Thing by ensuring all customer information is up to date and accurate in the Customer Relationship Management system (CRM) at all times.
• Maintain knowledge of new product/service offerings and emerging technology supporting meetings and events
• Create and present information and reports, as needed, to senior management related to performance, pipeline, forecasting, etc.
• Deliver World-Class Service by cultivating and maintaining relationships with customers, venue personnel and various PSAV supporting functions and departments.
• Position will have oversight to personnel to assist with event execution.
• Exceed the expectations and needs of internal and external customers.
• Meet with guests on site to confirm that their needs are met and the equipment setup is accurate and working properly.
• Monitor small to medium size events and check in on customers throughout the day.
• Enforce the guidelines in the Employee Guide and/or venue standards for the team to portray a polished and professional image.
• Understand and oversees the technical aspects of the job and applies basic to advanced troubleshooting and problem solving skills to guide technicians in resolving equipment and software issues in a timely and professional manner.
• Effectively utilizes applicable company computer systems.
• Act as on-site technical expert as needed for events.
• Assist on the floor with operations as needed.
• Value People by promoting a culture of high performance, accountability and continuous improvement that values learning and a commitment to quality.
• Manage performance, addresses employee concerns, maintains adequate staffing levels, and facilitates team development.
• Manage the human resources activities including selection, performance management, and learning.
• Provide focused and continued coaching to develop the skills of team members.
• Train employees on Encore standards for service and equipment, and verifies they are properly trained on company computer systems.
• Recommend team members for training opportunities, as needed.
• High School Diploma is required. Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
• 3+ years of audio visual experience
• 1+ years of supervisory experience
• 2+ years of customer service or hospitality experience is preferred.
• Sales experience is a plus.
• Working knowledge of audio visual equipment in a live show environment
• Proficiency with the use of computer hardware
• Proficiency with computer software and programs, including the Internet and Microsoft Office
• Effective leadership abilities and customer satisfaction focus.
Following Health Canada's guidance and other applicable provincial public health guidance, to prevent the infection and spread of COVID-19 in the workplace, and as an integral part of its public health and safety measures, Encore is requiring that all employment candidates who attend at its Canadian offices be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they are exempt from vaccination for a legally-protected reason and show proof of said exemption.
Early Career Development Programs
Encore is always looking for talented people who are passionate about creating memorable experiences that inspire change. Find out how you can jump-start your career in our dynamic industry.LEARN MORE
- Event Technician, Audio Visual - Four Seasons Seattle Ops - Technical Services, Audio Visual 31481116544 Washington, United States
- Senior Sales Manager , Events - Gaylord Opryland, Nashville TN Sales - Venue Sales 32156386144 Tennessee, United States
- Event Technician, Audio Visual- Hyatt Regency Orlando Ops - Technical Services, Audio Visual 32156383104 Florida, United States
- Senior Warehouse Technician - Boston Branch (Dedham) Supply & Log - Warehousing 31141878416 Massachusetts, United States
Your career and ambitions aren’t tied down to one place. We’re the exclusive on-site event technology provider to over 1,500 venues around the world, filling your future with global possibilities.explore locations
Career Path Opportunities
Discover everywhere you can go and the impact you can have. Your career is never limited to one location with Encore.LEARN MORE
What to Expect
We want to give you a window into our recruitment process to ensure that your journey to becoming a Encore team member is a positive experience.LEARN MORE
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Stay connected and receive the latest career opportunities at Encore.