Sr Rigging Manager, Remote and TravelJob ID SRRIG021075 Date posted 03/10/2023 Location Orlando , Florida Position Type Full Time
The Sr Rigging Manager is responsible for the management and safe execution of rigging events (for revenue size beginning at 2 million) in an Encore approved rigging venue. This position approves all Rigging designs using structural data and weight load limits for both internal and external rigging production needs. The Sr Rigging Manager schedules labor and supervises team members to ensure compliance of the rigging standard operating procedures. This position reports to the Area Mgr, Rigging.
Key Job Responsibilities
• Manage Riggers and Supv Riggers on show site.
• Hire, train, develop full-time Riggers.
• Responsible in all aspects of team member training, career development, mentorship, and performance management.
• Develop a pool of part-time Riggers to assist on a local and regional basis.
• Provide consistent leadership for Rigging Services support to the venue team members.
• Provide necessary rigging safety compliance information to Area Mgr, Rigging, to ensure completion of field assessments within assigned region.
• Assist with periodic site inspections of new and existing facilities and evaluation of safety of existing rigging points.
• Perform load calculations and approve working load limits on all shows and events.
• Utilize CAD software and additional advanced calculations like Braceworks to assist production companies with analysis of weight distributions of suspended loads.
• Review compliance on all OSHA regulations and standards pertaining to fall protection.
• Make recommendations and escalate compliance and safety needs to the Area Mgr, Rigging.
• Ensure compliance with annual equipment certification procedures established by Encore.
• Provide recommendations to assist in the selection of rigging equipment to best meet the needs of our teams and clients.
• Review the accepted technical and safety standards within the industry and assist in implementation.
• Coordinate and schedule all labor and equipment to facilitate the load-in and load-out of all events requiring rigging services.
• Attend major production site visits or other events as necessary to ensure the safety and efficiency of the show.
• Assist in the creation of Encore produced shows to ensure timeline efficiency and standard operating procedure compliance including motor maintenance program, point inspections, training, ground supported structures and aerial performances.
• Assist in leading and overseeing cross-functional team activities from initial concept to final delivery.
• High School diploma or equivalent
• 5+ years of experience in rigging in either the entertainment, theatrical or production environment, including but not limited to, working as both ground and overhead rigger with Encore and its Rigging team
• 3+ years as a rigging manager
• 2+ years effectively managing rigging teams (10+ Riggers) and overseeing supervisors
• ETCP certification
• Lift certification
• Lift operation experience
• Ground operation experience
• High rigging with harness experience
• Working knowledge of CAD (Auto Sketch, Vector Works, AutoCAD, LD Assistant or other) software.
• Ability to interact professionally and effectively with customers and leadership teams
• Working Knowledge of Microsoft Office including Outlook, Excel, Word and Power Point
Competency Group = 3
Deliver World Class Service
Do The Right Thing
• Manages Ambiguity
• Directs Work
• Achieves Goals
See The Big Picture
• Financial Acumen
• Builds Effective Teams
For more information on our Competency Group, refer to the Competency Based Talent Management page on Encore Connect by searching for the title or copy & pasting this URL Link: (https://psav.sharepoint.com/sites/HR/SitePages/Competency-Supported-Talent-Management.aspx).
Work is performed in a hotel/convention center environment with moderate exposure to outdoor temperatures and to dirt, sand and/or dust. The working conditions will vary between moderately quiet to noisy volumes. Team members will use high-end audio-visual equipment and electrical components and will be exposed to heights via lifts and ladders. Team members may be asked to work in multiple hotel locations. Working times will include irregular hours and on-call status including days, evenings, weekends, and holidays. Team members must adhere to appearance guidelines as defined by Encore based on an individual hotel or a representation of hotels in that city or area. Travel up to 50%.
The above information on this description is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned.
Check out where you’ll be working
Early Career Development Programs
Encore is always looking for talented people who are passionate about creating memorable experiences that inspire change. Find out how you can jump-start your career in our dynamic industry.LEARN MORE
- Event Technical Lead AV, Audio Visual - Boca Raton Marriott Ops - Technical Services, Audio Visual 36593405536 Florida, United States
- Event Technical Lead, Audio Visual - St. Regis Bal Harbour Ops - Technical Services, Audio Visual 46449505040 Florida, United States
- Art Director - Experiential (Remote East Region) - HARGROVE Creative - General 45734354592 Maryland, United States, District of Columbia, United States, Virginia, United States, Georgia, United States, Florida, United States
- Part Time Event Technical Specialist- New Orleans Ops - Technical Services 46457631104 Louisiana, United States
Your career and ambitions aren’t tied down to one place. We’re the exclusive on-site event technology provider to over 1,500 venues around the world, filling your future with global possibilities.explore locations
Career Path Opportunities
Discover everywhere you can go and the impact you can have. Your career is never limited to one location with Encore.LEARN MORE
What to Expect
We want to give you a window into our recruitment process to ensure that your journey to becoming a Encore team member is a positive experience.LEARN MORE
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Stay connected and receive the latest career opportunities at Encore.