Regional Director of Venues- Central FloridaJob ID REGIO021707 Date posted 03/15/2023 Location Orlando , Florida Position Type Full Time
The Regional Director, Venues is responsible for the overall management of operations within an assigned market or allocated locations in a region while ensuring a high quality of service with venue partners, customers, and vendors. Supervise and develop venue leaders. Assist in directing and implementing activities that support the Company initiatives. This position will report to a Regional Vice President, Venues.
Key Job Responsibilities
Team Leadership and Development
• Embrace and foster the company’s Core Values.
• Act as a liaison between the RVP, Venues and venue partners.
• Value People by promoting a culture of high performance, accountability, and continuous improvement that values learning and a commitment to quality.
• Mentor the Area Director, Venues and venue leaders
• Facilitate and schedule team member training.
• Identify and recommend development opportunities and assist in developing succession plans.
• Maintain adequate staffing levels.
• Ensure performance management concerns are addressed in a timely manner and within company guidelines
• Do the Right Thing by ensuring all safety practices and policies are being followed
• Partner with RVP, Venues and HR to analyze team member engagement survey data; develop action plans to address the priority issues and ensure action plans are deployed and producing positive change
• Participate in local lodging and/or hospitality associations and present on the Company’s behalf
• Ensure all locations are running an efficient and profitable operation with a focused approach on revenue maximization and profitability using cost control measures in accordance with the company’s standard operating procedures.
• Drive Results in revenue growth, cost management and other financial areas by operational planning, forecasting, cost control, EBITDA growth and flow- through.
• Conduct periodic financial reviews at each location with a focus on cost and revenue opportunity management and to ensure benchmark goals are met.
• Provide recommendations to RVP, Venues for the annual benchmark review process for assigned locations.
• Collaborate with regional labor and equipment leaders to maximize labor and equipment utilization.
• Review, recommend, and approve capital expenditure requests.
• Collaborate with venue leaders and RVP, Venues to develop and deliver business reviews.
• Ensure revenue forecasts are completed in a timely and accurate manner.
• Partner with accounts receivable to ensure timely collections.
• Deliver World Class Service by analyzing results from the Guest Satisfaction Survey (GSS), Venue Executive Surveys and Venue- Branded Surveys and assisting in the development and implementation of applicable action plans.
• Collaborate with the RVP, Venues to coordinate renewal activities, manage hotel openings and acquire new hotel contracts and/or new specialty services.
• Coordinate hiring activities including participation in interviewing and placement for proper skill and culture fit into Company.
• Enforces the security of stored gear, transportation, and maintenance of equipment at locations.
• Provide analysis of equipment needs for locations and partner with RVP, Venues to establish proper CAPEX submission.
• Ensure that the management team effectively utilizes all Company computer systems and software programs, providing assistance when necessary.
Information Management and Reporting
• Collect and consolidate monthly, quarterly and ad hoc reporting as assigned.
• See the Big Picture by developing programs that improve efficiencies within the area through shared labor, equipment, and industry knowledge.
• Assist RVP, Venues with implementing and maintaining initiatives and ensuring optimal performance.
• Utilize company systems for site visit reviews to ensure location adherence to Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and appropriate business practices.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred.
• 14+ years of audio visual, hospitality or operations experience.
• 12+ years of sales/customer service experience
• 10+ years of operations supervisory/management experience in audio visual
• Multi-unit leadership experience or experience successfully mentoring management level employees.
• Effective relationship management skills and experience
• Strong financial acumen, sales planning, forecasting, and CRM
• Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills
• Ability to support growth initiatives
• Proficiency with the use of computer hardware
• Proficiency with computer software and programs, including the Internet and Microsoft Office
This position may require up to 40% travel in the market.
• Manages Complexity
• Decision Quality
• Financial Acumen
• Strategic Mindset
• Plans and Aligns
• Ensures Accountability
• Drives Quality Results
• Build Networks
Work is generally performed at an office that is moderately quiet. Team members will visit other work locations for meetings or for other business reasons. Working times will include days and may include evenings, weekends and holidays. Team members must adhere to appearance guidelines as defined by Encore. This position may require up to 40% travel.
Check out where you’ll be working
Early Career Development Programs
Encore is always looking for talented people who are passionate about creating memorable experiences that inspire change. Find out how you can jump-start your career in our dynamic industry.LEARN MORE
- Event Technical Lead AV, Audio Visual - Boca Raton Marriott Ops - Technical Services, Audio Visual 36593405536 Florida, United States
- Event Technical Lead, Audio Visual - St. Regis Bal Harbour Ops - Technical Services, Audio Visual 46449505040 Florida, United States
- Art Director - Experiential (Remote East Region) - HARGROVE Creative - General 45734354592 Maryland, United States, District of Columbia, United States, Virginia, United States, Georgia, United States, Florida, United States
- Part Time Event Technical Specialist- New Orleans Ops - Technical Services 46457631104 Louisiana, United States
Your career and ambitions aren’t tied down to one place. We’re the exclusive on-site event technology provider to over 1,500 venues around the world, filling your future with global possibilities.explore locations
Career Path Opportunities
Discover everywhere you can go and the impact you can have. Your career is never limited to one location with Encore.LEARN MORE
What to Expect
We want to give you a window into our recruitment process to ensure that your journey to becoming a Encore team member is a positive experience.LEARN MORE
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Stay connected and receive the latest career opportunities at Encore.