Lead Power Distribution Technician Renaissance Sea WorldJob ID LEADP014201 Date posted 05/24/2022 Location Orlando , Florida Position Type Full Time
Intermediate level set up and operation of small to large-scale power distribution systems in a hospitality environment while ensuring complete customer satisfaction. This position reports to a Power Distribution Supervisor, Operations Manager, Operations Director or Director of Event Technology. Responsible to “lead” or supervise others, when the supervisor is not present or available.
Key Job Responsibilities
• Timely and accurate setup, operation, and breakdown of intermediate power distribution equipment as listed in the technical qualifications section.
• Inspect and maintain power distribution equipment and cabling.
• Provide excellent service and strive to exceed the expectations and needs of internal and external customers.
• Maintain a positive relationship with all clients through effective communication.
• Meet with guests on site to ensure that their needs are met and the equipment setup is working properly.
• Monitor events and checks in on customers throughout the day.
• Understand and foster hotel/client relationship.
• Understand the technical aspects of the job and demonstrates basic operational ability to troubleshoot and problem solve with equipment and software issues.
• Handle equipment challenges and changes in a timely and professional manner.
• Understand the technical aspects and the SOP”s for power distribution services.
• Understand and practice OSHA, NFPA 70E and NEC power distribution safety and compliance.
• Understand company processes, follows procedures and completes systems entry and paperwork accurately.
• Use of equipment sheets to determine the equipment scheduled for set up and for strike.
• Interacts with other staff and outside vendors for equipment.
• Increases revenue by utilizing floor up-selling techniques.
• Completes Navigator order entries and finalize invoices with clients, as needed.
• High School Diploma or GED is required. Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
• 3+ years of customer service or hospitality experience is preferred.
• 3+ years of power distribution experience is preferred.
• A valid driver’s license is required for team members in positions that may operate Company vehicles.
• Ability to obtain ESTA PDT certification within first 12 months of employment
Competencies (by Core Values)
• Tech Savvy
• Communicates Effectively
• Action Oriented
• Instills Trust
• Safety Conscious
Choose from one of the following (delete ones not used). Add additional information, as needed.
Work is performed in a hotel/convention center environment with moderate exposure to outdoor temperatures and to dirt, sand and/or dust. The working conditions will vary between moderately quiet to noisy volumes. Team members will use high-end audio visual equipment and electrical components, and will be exposed to heights via lifts and ladders. Team members may be asked to work in multiple hotel locations. Working times will include irregular hours and on-call status including days, evenings, weekends and holidays. Team members must adhere to appearance guidelines as defined by Encore based on an individual hotel or a representation of hotels in that city or area.
Early Career Development Programs
Encore is always looking for talented people who are passionate about creating memorable experiences that inspire change. Find out how you can jump-start your career in our dynamic industry.LEARN MORE
- Event Sales Manager, Audio Visual -St. Regis Sales - Venue Sales, Audio Visual 34330602048 California, United States
- Repair Technician - Las Vegas Supply & Log - Warehousing 33661135104 Nevada, United States
- Event Technical Lead, Audio Visual - Omni San Francisco Ops - Technical Services, Audio Visual 34330567648 California, United States
- Event Audio Visual Technician - Winnipeg Ops - Technical Services, Audio Visual 34306011856 Manitoba, Canada
Your career and ambitions aren’t tied down to one place. We’re the exclusive on-site event technology provider to over 1,500 venues around the world, filling your future with global possibilities.explore locations
Career Path Opportunities
Discover everywhere you can go and the impact you can have. Your career is never limited to one location with Encore.LEARN MORE
What to Expect
We want to give you a window into our recruitment process to ensure that your journey to becoming a Encore team member is a positive experience.LEARN MORE
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Stay connected and receive the latest career opportunities at Encore.