Director of OperationsJob ID DIREC08220 Date posted 04/28/2021 Location , Nova Scotia Position Type Full Time
- Provide direct and indirect supervision of manpower assigned to the regional branch operations.
- Ensure that proper planning of operator and non-operator event logistics is followed by the operations team with a focus on controlling direct labor costs. Ensure timely daily dispatch of confirmed scheduled teams, including freelancers.
- Ensure all operational details are communicated to the sales team members and/or the customer, such as room availability, delivery times, pick-up times, etc.
- Confirm with the team that all orders are reviewed for completeness and accuracy in terms of equipment and labor. Follow-up with the account managers when changes are required.
- Ensure long term workforce planning is managed by the team, taking into account workforce shortages and booking of qualified freelancers and/or requisitioning out-of-town Encore personnel. Ensure the weekly labor schedule is posted and the daily schedule is communicated to the TSRs.
- Ensure that end of meeting reports (PMR) and summary of hours worked are forwarded to account managers, in order to assist in accurate and timely closing for all events with operators. Ensure that hours worked are analyzed in advance and that adjustments are made to ensure that all hours worked in excess of the estimated hours are billed to the client to cover labor costs.
- Maintain appropriate staffing levels through ongoing recruitment of TSRs, shippers and quality control technicians in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Ensure that all aspects of inventory control are followed in accordance with established procedures.
- Ensure maintenance of the truck fleet complies with established procedures.
- On a monthly basis, review labor reports/labor ratios to ensure adherence to labor budgets and help justify actual variances from budgets.
- Respect timelines for required operational reporting in accordance with established procedures.
- Ensure that meeting evaluations are reported in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Promote the company’s core values by ensuring compliance, and if required, document any non-compliance and apply progressive disciplinary measures.
- Conduct performance evaluations for all direct employees.
- With the assistance of the Technical Directors, collaborate with the planning of technical training for new hires and existing TSRs. Ensure the annual budget for advanced technical training is completed according to established policies and procedures.
- With the help of the team, coordinate employee training in accordance with the strategies and training plans established, as needed.
- Ensure training and development related to virtual and hybrid events is provided to TSRs.
- Initiate and host regular monthly meetings for the operations department.
- Improve profitability of the business unit by meeting or exceeding the financial objectives established in the annual budget, including revenues, gross profit margin, as well as net operating income. Ensure that financial performance indicators are met.
- Work toward greater operational autonomy within the venues by permanently storing equipment and supplies needed to service a greater proportion of on-site events. The goal is to reduce transport and logistics costs.
- Ensure the company’s norms and quality standards are maintained.
- Ensure the technical staff respects and abides by the MeetSAFE health safety standards.
- Implement, manage and monitor health and safety workplace standards.
- Meet personal annual performance goals assigned by the immediate supervisor.
- At the request of the supervisor, carry out all other work necessary for the proper functioning of the company.
- A minimum of five (5) years experience in a similar role
- Organizational management and leadership skills and abilities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong team spirt
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong ability to supervise, train and motivate others
- In-Depth knowledge of equipment and services
- Relevant industry experience
- Very good knowledge of MS Office Suite: Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Disposer à travailler selon un horaire flexible
- Willing to work flexible hours
Work is performed in a hotel/convention center environment with moderate exposure to outdoor temperatures and to dirt, sand and/or dust. The working conditions will vary between moderately quiet to noisy volumes. Team members will use high-end audio visual equipment and electrical components, and will be exposed to heights via lifts and ladders. Team members may be asked to work in multiple hotel locations. Working times will include irregular hours and on-call status including days, evenings, weekends and holidays. Team members must adhere to appearance guidelines as defined by Encore based on an individual hotel or a representation of hotels in that city or area.
Early Career Development Programs
Encore is always looking for talented people who are passionate about creating memorable experiences that inspire change. Find out how you can jump-start your career in our dynamic industry.LEARN MORE
- Lead Software Developer IT - Applic Developmt 7086816176 Illinois, United States
- Sr Magento Developer IT - Applic Developmt 7790726272 Illinois, United States
- Directeur - Ventes et développement des affaires Admin - Operations 7483551808 Quebec, Canada
- Account Executive Sales - Sales Admin 7086817584 Alberta, Canada
Your career and ambitions aren’t tied down to one place. We’re the exclusive on-site event technology provider to over 1,500 venues around the world, filling your future with global possibilities.explore locations
Career Path Opportunities
Discover everywhere you can go and the impact you can have. Your career is never limited to one location with Encore.LEARN MORE
What to Expect
We want to give you a window into our recruitment process to ensure that your journey to becoming a Encore team member is a positive experience.LEARN MORE
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Stay connected and receive the latest career opportunities at Encore.