Part Time Union Event Technician, Audio Visual - Conrad MidtownJob ID PARTT08351 Date posted 01/14/2022 Location New York , New York Position Type Part Time
Key Job Responsibilities
• Ensures a flawlessly executed event through accurate and timely setup, operation, and breakdown of basic audiovisual equipment as listed in the technical qualifications section.
• Strives to exceed the expectations and needs of internal and external customers.
• Maintains a positive relationship with all clients through effective communication.
• Meets with guests on site to ensure that their needs are met and the equipment setup is working properly.
• Monitors events and checks in on customers throughout the day.
• Understands and fosters the hotel/client relationship.
• Understands the technical aspects of the job and demonstrates basic operational ability to troubleshoot and problem solve with equipment and software issues.
• Handles equipment challenges and changes in a timely and professional manner.
• Understands company processes, follows procedures and completes systems entry and paperwork accurately.
• Uses the equipment sheets to determine the equipment scheduled for set up and for strike. Interacts with other staff and outside vendors for equipment.
• Increases revenue by utilizing floor up-selling techniques.
• Works with clients to finalize invoices.
• Completes order entries in Navigator, as needed.
• High School Diploma required. Associate’s degree is preferred.
• Achieve Technical Level 3 Certification per PSAV Technical Skillset Matrix within 180 days (Technical Skill Set Matrix or PSAV/HR/Global Learning).
• 1 year of customer service or hospitality experience is preferred.
• 1 year of audio visual experience or equivalent in educational environment is preferred.
• A valid driver’s license is required for team members that may operate Company vehicles.
• Additional DOT requirement may need to be met if applicable.
• Safety Conscious
• Action Oriented
• Tech Savvy
• Ensures Accountability
Work is performed in a hotel/convention center environment with moderate exposure to outdoor temperatures and to dirt, sand and/or dust. The working conditions will vary between moderately quiet to noisy volumes. Team members will use high-end audio visual equipment and electrical components, and will be exposed to heights via lifts and ladders. Team members may be asked to work in multiple hotel locations. Working times will include irregular hours and on-call status including days, evenings, weekends and holidays. Team members must adhere to appearance guidelines as defined by Encore based on an individual hotel or a representation of hotels in that city or area.
Early Career Development Programs
Encore is always looking for talented people who are passionate about creating memorable experiences that inspire change. Find out how you can jump-start your career in our dynamic industry.LEARN MORE
- Superviseur technique- Technical Supervisor- Centre Mont Royal Ops - General 22321658128 Quebec, Canada
- Event Sales Engineer, Specialty Services - Remote Sales - General 22321636448 Texas, United States, Illinois, United States, Florida, United States
- Event Technical Supervisor, Audio Visual - Hyatt Seattle Ops - Technical Services, Audio Visual Jobs 21185844032 Washington, United States
- Event Technician, Audio Visual- Phoenix Ops - Technical Services, Audio Visual Jobs 16676836208 Arizona, United States
Your career and ambitions aren’t tied down to one place. We’re the exclusive on-site event technology provider to over 1,500 venues around the world, filling your future with global possibilities.explore locations
Career Path Opportunities
Discover everywhere you can go and the impact you can have. Your career is never limited to one location with Encore.LEARN MORE
What to Expect
We want to give you a window into our recruitment process to ensure that your journey to becoming a Encore team member is a positive experience.LEARN MORE
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Stay connected and receive the latest career opportunities at Encore.