Event Technical Lead Audio Visual - Sheraton New OrleansNew Orleans, Louisiana Job ID: EVENT014075
Our Technicians enjoy the opportunities to work with innovative and cutting-edge technology on a daily basis. From setting equipment as elaborate as an LED wall to simply ensuring cable is properly run through the venue, our Technicians are the foundation of the events we build and bring to life. They ensure that each event is flawlessly executed, and work with the rest of the team to setup and strike down each event in a timely manner. At Encore, customer satisfaction is our highest priority, our Technicians play an integral part in establishing a positive relationship with each of our clients.
- Full Time
- Travel: Minimal (if any)
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating 3 stars
Here are some of the top qualities that will help you achieve success in this role:
- Customer Focus
- Desire to Learn
- Drive Results
- Technicial Aptitude
Other Important Traits
- Team Player,
- Safety Conscious,
The ability to put on the big shows that my hotel plans out or to teach the incoming technicians how to make these shows happen is why I really like the hustle and bustle of my day-to-day as a Technical Lead.
A Day in the Life of a TechnicianClick to play video
Big Set Time LapseClick to play video
Encore Named to America’s Best Employers List by ForbesClick to learn more
Purpose, Mission and Core Values
How we will positively impact the world
Connecting and inspiring people
What we do every day
Invaluable partner on our customer's journey
The way we work
Deliver world-class service. See the big picture. Value people. Drive results. Do the right thing.
Paid Time Off
Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
Health Savings & Health Reimbursement Accounts
Flexible Spending Accounts
Employee Assistance Program
Retirement Planning Options (401k)
Career Wear Reimbursement
Part Time Regular Benefit Offerings
Variety of Volunteer Benefits
Premium Recognition Program (CenterStage)
Performance Incentive Plans (GEI Bonus)
Employee Referral Program
Annual Merit Evaluations
Training & Development
Classroom/On the Job Training
Global Transfer Opportunities
The Technical Lead is responsible for intermediate level set up and operation of small to large-scale audiovisual systems in a hospitality environment while ensuring complete customer satisfaction. This position reports to an Operations Manager, Operations Director, or Director of Event Technology.
Key Job Responsibilities
• Responsible for accurate and timely setup, operation, and breakdown of intermediate audiovisual equipment.
• Troubleshoot technical issues and resolve problems quickly as they arise.
• Complies with all Company security and safety measures.
• Ensures equipment is secure from theft and/or damage when in use.
• Provides excellent service and strive to exceed the expectations and needs of internal and external customers.
• Be a leader, mentor and coach for other Technicians on Encore’s Delivering World Class Service philosophy.
• Maintains a positive relationship with all clients through effective communication.
• Meets with guests on site to ensure that their needs are met and the equipment setup is working properly.
• Monitors events and checks in on customers throughout the day.
• Understands and fosters the hotel/client relationship.
• Understands the technical aspects of the job and demonstrates advanced operational ability to troubleshoot and problem solve with equipment and software issues.
• Anticipates equipment challenges and changes in a timely and professional manner.
• Understands company processes, follows procedures and completes systems entry and paperwork accurately.
• Uses the equipment sheets to determine the equipment scheduled for set up and for strike.
• Interacts with other staff and outside vendors for equipment.
• Increases revenue by utilizing floor up-selling techniques.
• Work with clients to finalize invoices.
• As needed, work within Encore systems and applications
• High school diploma required. Associate’s degree is preferred.
• Encore Technical Level 3 Certification is required. New Encore team members must be certified by their location within 30 days.
• 1 - Encore Technical Level Two Core Certification is required (Audio, Lighting, Projection, Video, Scenic). New Encore team members must be certified by a qualified proctor within 60 days.
• 2-3+ years of customer service or hospitality experience is preferred.
• 2-3+ years of audio visual experience is required.
• A valid driver’s license is required for team members in positions that may operate Company vehicles
• Additional DOT requirement may need to be met if applicable.
• Safety Conscious
• Decision Quality
• Tech Savvy
• Communicates Effectively
• Drives Results
Work is performed in a hotel/convention center environment with moderate exposure to outdoor temperatures and to dirt, sand and/or dust. The working conditions will vary between moderately quiet to noisy volumes. Team members will use high-end audio visual equipment and electrical components, and will be exposed to heights via lifts and ladders. Team members may be asked to work in multiple hotel locations. Working times will include irregular hours and on-call status including days, evenings, weekends and holidays. Team members must adhere to appearance guidelines as defined by Encore based on an individual hotel or a representation of hotels in that city or area.
Work is performed at event venues as well as in a warehouse environment. Team members must adhere to appearance guidelines as defined by Encore based in a warehouse environment and when traveling, on an individual venue or a representation of venues in that city or area. When in the Warehouse, work will be completed in an environment with exposure to outdoor temperatures and to dirt, sand and/or dust. The working conditions will vary between moderately quiet to noisy volumes. Team members may use high-end audio visual equipment and electrical components. Working times may include irregular hours and on-call status including days, evenings, weekends and holidays.