Manager, Human Resources - Bilingual (French/English)Job ID MANAG08240 Date posted 07/21/2021 Location Montreal , Quebec Position Type Full Time
- Partner with leaders to manage employee performance to policies, procedures and programs.
- Oversees integrated talent management and succession planning processes to ensure talent is properly identified and assessed.
- Coaches managers on how to write and deliver effective performance reviews.
- Evaluates talent potential to determine strengths and developmental gaps.
- Educates managers on legal practices, acceptable workplace behaviors and appropriate counseling methods.
- Participates in high level disciplinary action and terminations decisions.
- Participates and represents the organization during investigations.
Engagement and Retention
- Analyzes Engagement Survey results and advises leaders on creation of action plans.
- Partners with leaders to ensure action planning goals are met and additional plans are created to encourage continuous improvement.
- Identifies employees to participate in career pathing to enhance readiness for job opportunities.
- Encourages recognition through CenterStage and acts as a resource for managers and employees.
- Utilizes injury report to recommend safety awareness and solutions.
- Promotes company benefits and initiatives through multiple communication vehicles including in person meetings, conference calls, webinars, emails and onsite venue visits.
- Effectively leads change management for company initiatives.
- Conducts employee focus groups to discuss successes and identifies areas of improvement.
- Analyzes separation reasons to understand trends and solve for actionable issues and decrease turnover.
- Conducts monthly meeting with Operations Leaders on employee metrics to ensure year over year data points are aligned with regional goals.
Training and Development
- Promotes a high-performance culture that encourages ongoing self-development.
- Advises employees on career pathing opportunities that meet the needs and goals of both the organization and the employee.
- Ensures National College Leadership Program participants are flowing through the defined curriculum and addresses any issues to increase retention.
- Facilitates and monitors employee and manager through the Role-Based Development Programs.
- Partners with Operations to identify training needs based on business needs
- Partnering with COEs to identify solutions and interventions to address business needs .
- Facilitates training courses, as needed.
- Reviews workers’ compensation injuries and partners with leaders and the Safety department to solve for issues.
Recruitment and Selection
- Educates leaders on venue staffing guidelines.
- Reviews job additions and replacements for adherence to staffing guidelines.
- Leads annual regional review of staffing and ensures staffing adjustments are made, if needed.
- Partners with Talent Acquisition to identify promotable and high potential employees for internal mobility.
- Interviews candidates for leadership positions to assess fit into culture and role.
- Supports organizational change that includes job competency evaluation, change management, communication and project plans. Partners with Talent Acquisition on salary recommendations based on Encore salary structure.
- Provides consultation on immigration process.
- Bachelors degree required, preferably in Human Resources or related field
- 5+ years experience in Human Resources in employment law, compensation, organizational planning, recruitment, organization development, employee relations, safety, employee engagement, and employee development
- General knowledge of various employment laws, regulations and practices
- Strong base of HR technical knowledge
- Outstanding interpersonal relationship building and employee coaching skills.
- Bilingual English/French
- Ability to work with autonomy in a fast-paced environment with multiple priorities.
- An excellent listener and communicator with an approachable style.
- Ability to analyze situations when making decisions
- CHRL and/or SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) or Professional in Human Resources (PHR) certifications a plus.
Work is performed primarily in an office environment. Working times may include irregular hours and on-call status including days, evenings, weekends and holidays. Team members must adhere to appearance guidelines as defined by Encore based in an office environment and when traveling, on an individual venue or a representation of venues in that city or area. Estimated travel up to 40%.
Early Career Development Programs
Encore is always looking for talented people who are passionate about creating memorable experiences that inspire change. Find out how you can jump-start your career in our dynamic industry.LEARN MORE
- Event Technician, Audio Visual- Rancho Palos Verdes Ops - Technical Services 11999139776 California, United States
- Director of Event Tech (SNE) Ops - General 11673220784 Kentucky, United States
- Event Technician, Audio Visual- Santa Monica Ops - Technical Services 11999138224 California, United States
- Part Time Event Technician Audio Visual Ops - Technical Services 11060506368 Minnesota, United States
Your career and ambitions aren’t tied down to one place. We’re the exclusive on-site event technology provider to over 1,500 venues around the world, filling your future with global possibilities.explore locations
Career Path Opportunities
Discover everywhere you can go and the impact you can have. Your career is never limited to one location with Encore.LEARN MORE
What to Expect
We want to give you a window into our recruitment process to ensure that your journey to becoming a Encore team member is a positive experience.LEARN MORE
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Stay connected and receive the latest career opportunities at Encore.