VP, FinanceJob ID VPFIN016558 Date posted 08/25/2022 Location Mississauga , Ontario Position Type Full Time
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer the VP Finance, Canada is a business partner to the Managing Director, Canada, helping to drive performance management, leading the planning and analysis function, and providing quality management information to enable delivery of optimized business results, while also leading Encore Canada’s accounting, reporting, treasury, and sales and indirect tax functions. This role also has direct oversight of fixed asset processing and the credit, billing and collection functions. This is a key role on the leadership team, working in a highly collaborative environment, partnering with sales, operations, marketing, product management, pricing, IT and others to drive process and results improvement. This role also interacts with customers, hotel and supply partners and other vendors. This role is based in Toronto and also has a reporting line to the Managing Director, Canada.
Key Job Responsibilities
World Class Service
• Business Relationships and Connectivity - Develops strong relationships with Encore Canada peers and team leaders, which can be evidenced by regular interactions, development of ongoing work to support consideration of business alternatives, problem solving and proactive collaboration.
• Set the tone and example for collaborative relationships / relationship building across Finance and Accounting teams and with all key business partners.
• Establish and ensure adherence to appropriate internal controls, accounting and reporting and business practices and policies, including consistent application of Encore Global policies, across Encore Canada.
• Develop and maintain strong relationship with IT leader and team, including taking a leadership role in representing finance and accounting in the evaluation and decision making related to new systems.
• Deliver timely and accurate reporting of monthly, quarterly and annual results
• Manage, track and assist ensuring groups are meeting business metrics and annual P&L targets
• Manage treasury operations including efficient and effective cash flow (actual and forecasts)
• Develop and monitor the company’s annual budget and periodic forecasts setting timelines, and acting as project manager for the company, ensuring all budgets are accurate, comprehensive and completed on time
• Conduct periodic full P & L forecasting process for all operations divisions
• Oversee the day to day operations of the accounting team to maintain the general ledgers, perform the monthly close and reporting processes
• Coordinate all requests from field operations and manage the workflow of ad-hoc projects and reporting requests including providing responses to RFP’s as required
• Oversee management of Accounts Receivable, Billing and Credit and Collections teams including policies for customer credit management
• Oversee corporate insurance policies in conjunction with corporate
• Lead monthly financial reviews including organizing presentations for reporting to senior management
• Oversee corporate credit card management and expense reporting process, including policies and procedures
• Assist with procurement tasks to lead cost reduction efforts
• Achieve expected qualitative and quantitative results
• Perform other duties and projects, as required
Build High Performing Team
• Hire, develop, lead and motivate a qualified team necessary to support the growth of the business and meet the needs of internal and external customers
• Create and maintain a structure that results in effective delivery of services to the entire organization
• Promote and drive professional development and training efforts to help improve overall business acumen, technical knowledge of GAAP, and service skills of the team.
• Align organization with current and near-term strategic and operational goals of business.
• Enhance teamwork to enable continuous support and ‘best practices’ to be utilized across teams.
• CPA or equivalent accounting designation required
• BA/BS Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field required, MBA preferred
• 15+ years of accounting experience with at least 8 years of managerial accounting experience
• Experience as the VP finance, controller or other senior level accounting executive
• Experience managing financial systems implementations and upgrades
• Experience with redesigning and improving processes, procedures, and controls
• US GAAP knowledge required
• Oracle or other large ERP system accounting expertise
• Ability to act independently while communicating key issues to the senior financial management team and other vested parties
• Ability to multitask and prioritize in a fast paced and evolving environment
• Management experience of a large group and hands on experience with G/L, A/P, A/R, billing, credit and collections and fixed assets
• Results oriented, organized and highly detailed
• Preference given to those with hospitality or service-based organizations
• Effective written and verbal communication skills
• Proficient in Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, Access, etc.)
• Deliver World Class Service (Hospitality)
• Do the Right Thing (Situational Adaptability)
• Drive Results (Drives & Directs)
• See the Big Picture (Cultivates Innovation, Balances Stakeholders)
• Value People (Attracts Top Talent, Builds Networks)
Work is performed primarily in an office environment. Working times may include irregular hours and on-call status including days, evenings, weekends and holidays. Team members must adhere to appearance guidelines as defined by Encore based in an office environment and when traveling, on an individual venue or a representation of venues in that city or area.
Early Career Development Programs
Encore is always looking for talented people who are passionate about creating memorable experiences that inspire change. Find out how you can jump-start your career in our dynamic industry.LEARN MORE
- Associate Network Operations Center Engineer, IS IT - Network Engineering 36828827424 Illinois, United States
- Technical Director- Live Event Production Ops - General 36828793200 Florida, United States, Texas, United States, Nevada, United States
- Event Technician, Audio Visual - Westin Kierland Ops - Technical Services, Audio Visual 36796594208 Arizona, United States
- Event Technical Lead AV, Audio Visual North Charleston Marriott Ops - Technical Services, Audio Visual 36796659584 South Carolina, United States
Your career and ambitions aren’t tied down to one place. We’re the exclusive on-site event technology provider to over 1,500 venues around the world, filling your future with global possibilities.explore locations
Career Path Opportunities
Discover everywhere you can go and the impact you can have. Your career is never limited to one location with Encore.LEARN MORE
What to Expect
We want to give you a window into our recruitment process to ensure that your journey to becoming a Encore team member is a positive experience.LEARN MORE
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Stay connected and receive the latest career opportunities at Encore.