Intermediate Accounting AnalystJob ID INTER021761 Date posted 03/15/2023 Location Mississauga , Ontario Position Type Full Time
The Intermediate Accountant role is to ensure the accuracy and timeliness of data recorded in the financial systems on a regular basis for the Canadian operations of Encore Canada. The companies consist of three legal entities and the role spans all three including inter company transactions. In addition to day to day functions, this role will take on special projects assigned by the Accounting Manager in all areas of accounting to meet managements needs. Responsibilities include preparing financial reports, performing account reconciliations, maintaining the general ledger, preparing tax returns, assisting with audit preparations, and performing other accounting duties as assigned. This position Reports to Accounting Manager.
Key Job Responsibilities
Internal/External Financial Reporting
• Financial analysis of monthly results and explanation of variances for key accounts including reconciliation of specific accounts on the balance sheets and P/L’s
• Responsible to post periodic entries in books of accounts
• Responsible to post month end accruals
• Perform monthly reconciliation of specific general ledger accounts including variance analysis
• Responsible to prepare periodic and ad-hoc reports as required
• Perform other duties as assigned from the accounting department
• Liaising with US corporate to ensure proper posting and reconciliation of specific entries for cross border transactions
• Preparing select information for tax returns, assisting with audit preparation as required
• Contributing to the development of new or amended accounting systems, programs, and procedures.
• Performing other accounting duties and supporting junior staff as required or assigned
This position will work in conjunction with the accounting manager to fullfill audit requests both internally and externally on an adhoc basis
• Solid working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and strong financial analysis skills.
• Must have university degree in accounting
• Bachelor degree with 2-3 years’ experience working in an accounting department
• Must be competent to handle large data and provide reports
• Strong accounting skills. Detail-oriented, highly organized, and able to work with little to no supervision and perform under pressure.
• Advanced ability / proficiency with Excel and other Windows 365 software
• Previous experience with SAP or similar ERP software, including Power BI and or BI is an asset
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written skills required
• Bilingualism is an asset
• Deliver World Class Service (Hospitality, Ownership)
• Do the Right Thing (Demonstrates Self-Awareness)
• Drive Results (Ensures Accountability
• See the Big Picture (Decision Quality, Achieves Goals)
• Value People (Collaborates)
Work is performed primarily in an office environment or from your home office depending on circumstances and every effort will be made to accommodate the employee and employer. Team members must adhere to appearance guidelines as defined by Encore based in an office environment and when traveling.
Check out where you’ll be working
Early Career Development Programs
Encore is always looking for talented people who are passionate about creating memorable experiences that inspire change. Find out how you can jump-start your career in our dynamic industry.LEARN MORE
- Event Technical Lead AV, Audio Visual - Boca Raton Marriott Ops - Technical Services, Audio Visual 36593405536 Florida, United States
- Event Technical Lead, Audio Visual - St. Regis Bal Harbour Ops - Technical Services, Audio Visual 46449505040 Florida, United States
- Art Director - Experiential (Remote East Region) - HARGROVE Creative - General 45734354592 Maryland, United States, District of Columbia, United States, Virginia, United States, Georgia, United States, Florida, United States
- Part Time Event Technical Specialist- New Orleans Ops - Technical Services 46457631104 Louisiana, United States
Your career and ambitions aren’t tied down to one place. We’re the exclusive on-site event technology provider to over 1,500 venues around the world, filling your future with global possibilities.explore locations
Career Path Opportunities
Discover everywhere you can go and the impact you can have. Your career is never limited to one location with Encore.LEARN MORE
What to Expect
We want to give you a window into our recruitment process to ensure that your journey to becoming a Encore team member is a positive experience.LEARN MORE
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Stay connected and receive the latest career opportunities at Encore.