Project Manager, Event Execution - Las Vegas VenuesJob ID PROJE08404 Date posted 07/20/2021 Location Las Vegas , Nevada Position Type Full Time
With the momentum of the events and meetings industry increasing so rapidly, Encore is looking to build our talent community within this market. Apply today to be considered for future opportunities!
The Project Manager is responsible for managing project scope for a large-scale event, with possible support from Associate Project Managers. This position will monitor progress and performance against the project plan; identifying, resolving, escalating operational problems, and minimizing delays. This position is responsible for the end-to-end execution of projects from event design and development through closing. The Project Manager will ensure successful and profitable execution of events by following Technical and Production Standards and supporting the implementation of processes and SOP’s that drive consistency in event production. This position will partner with Project Management, Sales, and Operations teams in determining event technical requirements and communicating event execution plan with all parties. The Project Manager will report to the Associate Director, Project Management.
Key Job Responsibilities
Event Project Management
• Prepare and communicate technical production & labor schedules, sub-rental requirements, project scope, execution plan and individual responsibilities to team members, vendors and venue partners.
• Determine and secure the resources required to successfully complete each project.
• Maintain focus on client needs by attending client meetings, creating and maintaining organized show documentation and responding to client concerns and questions.
• Monitor project scope throughout the event planning process and adjust as necessary to ensure the successful completion of the project.
• Assist sales and operations teams to help determine equipment needs and technical solutions for the project.
• Assist with the creation of technical diagrams when required.
• Review all sales documents to confirm that the equipment and technical positions will meet the client’s needs.
• Develop and maintain strong relationships with clients at all levels of their organization and provide outstanding customer service while focusing on client retention.
• Provide leadership for Associate Project Managers on multi-PM supported events.
• Act as the project leader and onsite contact for the client throughout the event.
• Manage all phases of event technical execution from load-in through run of show to load-out.
• Assume ownership of inventory management throughout the event.
• Communicate the project plan and client expectations to event team.
• Manage onsite changes, including schedule, equipment or workforce modifications.
• Mentor and communicate with Encore Team Members on event execution and best practices to help improve the local knowledge base and experience in the market.
• Ensure compliance with established Technical Standards and Production Standards.
• Follow up with clients on-site to ensure that their needs are met and the equipment setup is working properly.
• Assist in the creation, analysis, and execution of the project budget, partnering with regional leadership to mitigate external workforce and sub-rental spend.
• Manage event costs to align with budget and ensure all onsite changes are communicated to sales for billing purposes.
• Assist with the completion of post-event client invoice. Work with operations management to ensure the prompt payment of all external vendors
• Ensure compliance with Encore Policies and Procedures to minimize company’s exposure to liability claims and property damage, theft and misappropriation.
Administrative & Training
• Complete Encore post-event process, to include the completion of all post-show reporting, confirming all workforce hours are accurately entered and ensuring that outsourced equipment is returned to appropriate provider.
• Participate in the development of Project Management SOP’s.
• Conduct review and analysis of proposed events as required.
• BA/BS Degree or equivalent experience
• 4+ years of technical experience in the Corporate Staging or Broadcast industry. Project Management experience preferred
• 1+ year of Supervisory experience preferred
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Strong Technical Background
• Strong Client relationship skills
• Familiarity with budgets and cost control
• Operational logistics experience
• Works well under pressure
• Ability to manage multiple complex job functions within a fast-paced environment
• MS Office experience required
• Technical diagram knowledge / experience preferred
• Ability to travel up to 50% may be required
• Optimizes Work Processes
• Financial Acumen
• Detail Oriented
• Problem Solving
• Drives Quality Results
• Communicates Effectively
• Plans and Aligns
• Builds Effective Teams
• Decision Quality
• Manages Complexity
Work is performed in a hotel/event venue environment with moderate exposure to outdoor temperatures and to dirt, sand and/or dust. The working conditions will vary between moderately quiet to noisy volumes. Team members will use high-end audio-visual equipment and electrical components and will be exposed to heights via lifts and ladders. Team members may be asked to work in multiple locations. Working times may include irregular hours and on-call status including days, evenings, weekends and holidays. Team members must adhere to appearance guidelines as defined by Encore based on an individual venue or a representation of venues in that city or area.
Early Career Development Programs
Encore is always looking for talented people who are passionate about creating memorable experiences that inspire change. Find out how you can jump-start your career in our dynamic industry.LEARN MORE
- Event Technician, Audio Visual- Rancho Palos Verdes Ops - Technical Services 11999139776 California, United States
- Director of Event Tech (SNE) Ops - General 11673220784 Kentucky, United States
- Event Technician, Audio Visual- Santa Monica Ops - Technical Services 11999138224 California, United States
- Part Time Event Technician Audio Visual Ops - Technical Services 11060506368 Minnesota, United States
Your career and ambitions aren’t tied down to one place. We’re the exclusive on-site event technology provider to over 1,500 venues around the world, filling your future with global possibilities.explore locations
Career Path Opportunities
Discover everywhere you can go and the impact you can have. Your career is never limited to one location with Encore.LEARN MORE
What to Expect
We want to give you a window into our recruitment process to ensure that your journey to becoming a Encore team member is a positive experience.LEARN MORE
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Stay connected and receive the latest career opportunities at Encore.