Operations Manager - LuxorJob ID OPERA014842 Date posted 06/22/2022 Location Las Vegas , Nevada Position Type Full Time
Manages floor operations to achieve service excellence with a focus on customer service, staff leadership, performance management and development. Achieves the overall goals of the organization through effective workforce and inventory cost control. This position reports directly to either an Operations Director or Director, Event Technology at locations producing greater than three million dollars in revenue.
Key Job Responsibilities
• Manages the daily floor activities and workflow of technicians to ensure that all equipment and services are delivered on time, in good working condition and as specified by clients and the hotel.
• Provides direct supervision of team members including scheduling and time keeping.
• Ensures that billing is reviewed and approved by clients, and advises the Director and/or Sales Manager of any potential challenges.
• Ensures that daily equipment sheets are updated and properly completed.
• Manages inventory control procedures to maintain proper inventory levels while also maintaining safety, security, and quality assurance of equipment.
• Attends BEO, Pre-Cons, and pre-production meetings as needed.
• Delegates tasks as appropriate.
• Reviews quotes and provides recommendations for cost efficiencies in accordance with the company’s standard operating procedures.
• Supervises and mentors operational staff to ensure client satisfaction and revenue maximization via onsite upselling.
• Provides outstanding customer service by establishing excellent working relationships with internal and external clients, team members, neighboring Encore properties and all vendors. Mentors Technicians to also provide this superior level of customer service.
• Meets with guests’ onsite to ensure that their needs are met and the equipment setup is working properly.
• Portrays a polished, professional image according to the guidelines in the Employee Guide and/or hotel standards and ensures the team adheres to the same standards.
People Development & Training
• Promotes and reinforces a positive working environment centered on Encore core values.
• Hire, develop, lead and motivate a talented team of technicians and operational support staff.
• Promote and drive professional development and training efforts to improve overall business acumen, technical knowledge and service to the field.
•Manage human resource related issues including performance management, salary administration and training and development.
• Effectively utilizes applicable company computer systems and software programs and ensure team members are properly trained.
• Registers and recommends team members for additional training opportunities as needed.
• High School Diploma is required. Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
• 4+ years of audio visual and customer service/hospitality experience including 2+ years of supervisory experience OR completion of Encore’s Accelerations Development Operations Program (ADOP).
• Experience leading workflow and team members.
• Working knowledge of audio visual equipment in a live show environment
• Proficiency with the use of computer hardware
• Proficiency with computer software and programs, including the Internet and Microsoft Office
• Effective leadership abilities and customer satisfaction focus.
• Exceeding Customer Expectations
• People Development
• Building Teamwork
• Building Organizational Commitment
• Concern for Quality
Work is performed in a hotel/convention center environment with moderate exposure to outdoor temperatures and to dirt, sand and/or dust. The working conditions will vary between moderately quiet to noisy volumes. Team members will use high-end audio visual equipment and electrical components, and will be exposed to heights via lifts and ladders. Team members may be asked to work in multiple hotel locations. Working times will include irregular hours and on-call status including days, evenings, weekends and holidays. Team members must adhere to appearance guidelines as defined by Encore based on an individual hotel or a representation of hotels in that city or area.
Early Career Development Programs
Encore is always looking for talented people who are passionate about creating memorable experiences that inspire change. Find out how you can jump-start your career in our dynamic industry.LEARN MORE
- Event Technician, Audio Visual - Four Seasons Seattle Ops - Technical Services, Audio Visual 31481116544 Washington, United States
- Senior Sales Manager , Events - Gaylord Opryland, Nashville TN Sales - Venue Sales 32156386144 Tennessee, United States
- Event Technician, Audio Visual- Hyatt Regency Orlando Ops - Technical Services, Audio Visual 32156383104 Florida, United States
- Senior Warehouse Technician - Boston Branch (Dedham) Supply & Log - Warehousing 31141878416 Massachusetts, United States
Your career and ambitions aren’t tied down to one place. We’re the exclusive on-site event technology provider to over 1,500 venues around the world, filling your future with global possibilities.explore locations
Career Path Opportunities
Discover everywhere you can go and the impact you can have. Your career is never limited to one location with Encore.LEARN MORE
What to Expect
We want to give you a window into our recruitment process to ensure that your journey to becoming a Encore team member is a positive experience.LEARN MORE
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Stay connected and receive the latest career opportunities at Encore.