Event Technical Lead, Audio Visual (Power)- Caesars ForumLas Vegas, Nevada Job ID: TECHN009520
Our Technicians enjoy the opportunities to work with innovative and cutting-edge technology on a daily basis. From setting equipment as elaborate as an LED wall to simply ensuring cable is properly run through the venue, our Technicians are the foundation of the events we build and bring to life. They ensure that each event is flawlessly executed, and work with the rest of the team to setup and strike down each event in a timely manner. At Encore, customer satisfaction is our highest priority, our Technicians play an integral part in establishing a positive relationship with each of our clients.
- Full Time
- Travel: Minimal (if any)
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating 3 stars
Here are some of the top qualities that will help you achieve success in this role:
- Customer Focus
- Desire to Learn
- Drive Results
- Technicial Aptitude
Other Important Traits
- Team Player,
- Safety Conscious,
The ability to put on the big shows that my hotel plans out or to teach the incoming technicians how to make these shows happen is why I really like the hustle and bustle of my day-to-day as a Technical Lead.
A Day in the Life of a TechnicianClick to play video
Big Set Time LapseClick to play video
Encore Named to America’s Best Employers List by ForbesClick to learn more
Purpose, Mission and Core Values
How we will positively impact the world
Connecting and inspiring people
What we do every day
Invaluable partner on our customer's journey
The way we work
Deliver world-class service. See the big picture. Value people. Drive results. Do the right thing.
Paid Time Off
Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
Health Savings & Health Reimbursement Accounts
Flexible Spending Accounts
Employee Assistance Program
Retirement Planning Options (401k)
Career Wear Reimbursement
Part Time Regular Benefit Offerings
Variety of Volunteer Benefits
Premium Recognition Program (CenterStage)
Performance Incentive Plans (GEI Bonus)
Employee Referral Program
Annual Merit Evaluations
Training & Development
Classroom/On the Job Training
Global Transfer Opportunities
The Technical Lead is responsible for intermediate level set up and operation of small to large-scale audiovisual systems in a hospitality environment while ensuring complete customer satisfaction. This position reports to an Operations Manager, Operations Director, or Director of Event Technology.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Review, create and execute Exhibitor Order Forms, electrical and exhibitor booth diagrams/blueprints, and the ability to determine labor and material needs for events.
- Create and execute show load-in/ load-out plans for both Trade Shows and Production Companies.
- Timely and accurate setup, operation, and breakdown of required electrical power for general sessions, breakouts, computer labs, meal functions, entertainment events, exhibitors, decorators, and production companies.
- Build custom cables and assist in the fabrication of electrical components, as needed.
- Troubleshoot and solve power issues when they occur.
- Assist in the cross training of AV Technicians in the areas of power distribution.
- Provide excellent service and strive to exceed the expectations and needs of internal and external customers.
- Maintain a positive relationship with all clients through effective communication.
- Meet with guests on site to ensure that their needs are met and the electrical setup is working properly.
- Monitor events and checks in on customers throughout the day.
- Understands and fosters the hotel/client relationship and assists outside electricians when required.
Systems & Electrical Knowledge
- Gains understanding of company processes, follows procedures, and completes systems entry and paperwork accurately.
- Maintains a working knowledge of 110v-220v, single and three phase equipment, different connectors, power phases, amperages, and voltages.
- Understands the differences and/or European conversion to American power.
- Understands Power Generators, Transformers, and the meters and tools of the trade.
- High School Diploma is required.
- 2+ years of customer service or hospitality experience is preferred.
- 2+ years of audio-visual experience is preferred.
- 1+ years of working with Power Distribution Equipment.
- A valid driver’s license is required for team members in positions that may operate Company Vehicle.
- Tech Savvy
- Communicates Effectively
- Action Oriented
- Drives Quality Results
- Instills Trust
- Safety Conscious
Work is performed in a hotel/convention center environment with moderate exposure to outdoor temperatures and to dirt, sand and/or dust. The working conditions will vary between moderately quiet to noisy volumes. Team members will use high-end audio visual equipment and electrical components, and will be exposed to heights via lifts and ladders. Team members may be asked to work in multiple hotel locations. Working times will include irregular hours and on-call status including days, evenings, weekends and holidays. Team members must adhere to appearance guidelines as defined by Encore based on an individual hotel or a representation of hotels in that city or area.