Event Sales Manager - Interviews in Las Vegas June 8th!Job ID EVENT013825 Date posted 05/11/2022 Location Las Vegas , Nevada Position Type Full Time
Join the leading global event production company in Las Vegas!
Encore will be hosting interviews June 8th (day and evening slots)
Discover a place where you’re empowered to learn and grow, building a career that’s packed with development opportunities, mobility, rewards and a unique culture. That’s our focus on you. At Encore, you’ll join a team that delivers innovative event solutions that can vary from small meetings, virtual and hybrid events, full-service production, event experiences and global multi-media conference events with thousands of attendees. Here, you’ll have everything you need – including our full support – to take your skills to the next level and define your future.
Discover why we’re a leading international provider of professional event technology services and help us turn ordinary meetings into extraordinary experiences.
We will be hosting on-site interviews in the Las Vegas market on Tuesday, June 8th. This is an opportunity to meet with several hiring managers and key decision makers in the region! To be considered, please apply to the "Event Sales Manager - Interviews in Las Vegas June 8th!" posting on the Encore Career Site: https://jobs.encoreglobal.com. If qualified and selected, a confirmation time and specific location details will be included in the official invite.
Below are positions we have available in the Las Vegas market:
Sales Manager - responsible for effectively guiding customers through event experiences, identifying solutions that meet their goals and objectives, resulting in a compelling event experience. Utilizes all available tools to ensure maximum event and revenue capture from assigned customer base. Cultivates and maintains relationships with key hotel personnel to enhance the overall business relationship with hotel. Supports Company initiatives, business strategies and Core Values. This position reports to a Sr. Sales Manager, Sales Director, or Director, Event Technology.
Sr. Sales Manager - leads the sales process for assigned groups and directs staff to effectively guide customers through their event experiences. Identifies solutions that meet customer goals and objectives, and utilizes all available tools to ensure maximum event and revenue capture from assigned customer base. Cultivates and maintains relationships with key hotel personnel to enhance the overall business relationship with hotel. Serves as a resource for large, high-end event production in venue location/region and supports team as needed with guidance and training. Leads and supports Company initiatives, business strategies and Core Values. This position supervises the Sales Manager and reports to the Sales Director or Director, Event Technology.
Sales Director - manages an effective sales team responsible for guiding customers through event experiences, providing solutions that meet their goals and objectives to result in a compelling event experience. Creates and implements effective strategies for revenue growth and customer satisfaction, ensuring team achievement of established targets. Utilizes all available tools to ensure maximum event and revenue capture from assigned customer base. Cultivates and maintains relationships with key hotel personnel to enhance the overall business relationship with hotel. Serves as a resource in large, high-end event production in venue location/region and support team as needed with guidance and training. Lead and support Company initiatives, business strategies and Core Values. This position supervises the Sales Coordinator, Sales Manager, and Sr. Sales Manager and reports to the Director, Event Technology.
Key Job Responsibilities
• Drive Results by soliciting and securing business through a proactive, consultative sales approach, utilizing Encore’s sales process and methodology.
• Effectively prepare and present quotes and proposals in a timely manner to customers, including those submitted through www.encoreglobal.com, venue booking system, or other sources as assigned.
• Effectively collaborate with vendors and other departments/divisions of the company to capture and service events.
• Attend site visits, pre-conference planning meetings, and appropriate venue meetings as necessary to support the customer event experience.
• Understand event cost structure and incorporates this into solution designs according to established profitability guidelines.
• Deliver World-Class Service by cultivating and maintaining relationships with customers, venue personnel and various Encore supporting functions and departments.
• Thoroughly research and understand customer history and previous experiences, in order to create more personalized customer experiences.
• Value People by attending customer meetings, understanding their goals and responding to their questions, concerns, and challenges.
• Do the Right Thing by ensuring all customer information is up to date and accurate in the Customer Relationship Management system (CRM) at all times.
• Actively refer and guide customers through the Encore network, leveraging contacts to secure additional opportunities with existing customers.
• Maintain a healthy pipeline at all times that ensures achievement of established revenue targets.
• Ensure all known opportunities are in CRM and completely accurate and updated at all times.
• See the Big Picture by supporting the sales forecasting efforts at home location, ensuring they are accurate and submitted timely.
• Learn and adopt all SOPs related to the role and any new initiatives/programs that are implemented.
• Maintain knowledge of new product/service offerings and emerging technology supporting meetings and events.
• BS/BA or 1+ years of Encore or equivalent experience required
• 1 year technology sales or hospitality experience preferred
• Prior sales experience in audiovisual is a plus
• Knowledge of hospitality industry and sales processes preferred
• Technical aptitude and computer proficiency required
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
Competencies (by Core Values)
• Decision Quality
• Business Insight
• Builds Networks
• Plans and Aligns
• Instills Trust
• Demonstrates Self-Awareness
Work is performed in a hotel/convention center environment with moderate exposure to outdoor temperatures and to dirt, sand and/or dust. The working conditions will vary between moderately quiet to noisy volumes. Team members will use high-end audio visual equipment and electrical components, and will be exposed to heights via lifts and ladders. Team members may be asked to work in multiple hotel locations. Working times will include irregular hours and on-call status including days, evenings, weekends and holidays. Team members must adhere to appearance guidelines as defined by Encore based on an individual hotel or a representation of hotels in that city or area.
Early Career Development Programs
Encore is always looking for talented people who are passionate about creating memorable experiences that inspire change. Find out how you can jump-start your career in our dynamic industry.LEARN MORE
- Event Technician, Audio Visual - Sheraton Palo Alto Ops - Technical Services, Audio Visual 29186291312 California, United States
- Event Technician, Audio Visual - The Westin Gaslamp Ops - Technical Services, Audio Visual 24297731872 California, United States
- Event Technician, Audio Visual -Sheraton Wild Horse Ops - Technical Services, Audio Visual 29453848704 Arizona, United States
- Event Technician, Audio Visual- Four Seasons Orlando Ops - Technical Services, Audio Visual 29453842064 Florida, United States
Your career and ambitions aren’t tied down to one place. We’re the exclusive on-site event technology provider to over 1,500 venues around the world, filling your future with global possibilities.explore locations
Career Path Opportunities
Discover everywhere you can go and the impact you can have. Your career is never limited to one location with Encore.LEARN MORE
What to Expect
We want to give you a window into our recruitment process to ensure that your journey to becoming a Encore team member is a positive experience.LEARN MORE
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Stay connected and receive the latest career opportunities at Encore.