Event Sales Engineer, Specialty Services - Las VegasJob ID EVENT017147 Date posted 09/14/2022 Location Las Vegas , Nevada Position Type Full Time
Specialty Services provides Rigging, Power Distribution and Internet Services support to Encore’s venue partners and direct clients. The Event Sales Engineer, Specialty Services will coordinate and provide support for complex Specialty Services needs to large client direct accounts as well as Third-Party partner agencies and in conjunction with Production Group. This position establishes, grows, and maintains internal and external relationships, positions and sells the solutions, provides oversight of the overall executions of events, and provides outstanding internal and external customer service. The Event Sales Engineer, Specialty Services will report to the Dir, Sales – Specialty Services.
Key Job Responsibilities
Event Project Management
• Develop and maintain a pipeline of events where Specialty Services plays a key role, including virtual & hybrid, Production Group work, Third-Party partner agencies and “Specialty Services Only” events.
• Review all sales documents to confirm that the equipment and technical positions will meet the client’s needs.
• Assist sales and operations teams to help determine equipment and labor needs and technical solutions for the project based on needs, including driving consistent pricing and succinct scope of work.
• Maintain focus on client needs by monitoring project throughout the planning process by attending client meetings, responding to client concerns and questions, and adjusting scope as necessary to ensure successful completion of the project.
• Create, maintain, and regularly update Specialty Services solution standards for client direct, Third-Party partners and internal Production teams, focusing on providing appropriate balance of cost, risk, and experience.
• In collaboration with the Legal team, conduct reviews of client Specialty Services contracts clauses to ensure operational clarity and appropriate balance of risk.
• Design contract templates to accelerate the time to closed won business.
• Construct Specialty Services solutions positioning, packages, and pricing, considering non-traditional pricing approaches where appropriate, based on market circumstances.
• Pursue and develop new direct and non-traditional venue customer relationships where the need is “Specialty Services first”.
• Develop existing “Specialty Services first” customers, identifying additional opportunities to grow the account.
• Partner with the appropriate internal selling organization to grow the account beyond Specialty Services, handing off the account when it reaches critical mass while remaining involved.
• Create and maintain accurate post-event utilization reporting.
• Establish a regular cadence of updates with key stakeholders.
• Provide financial reporting to help support customer centric models.
• BA/BS Degree or equivalent experience.
• 4+ years of experience in the hospitality industry in a technical role.
• Broad familiarity with the trade show and production industries.
• Ability to understand technical concepts and solutions and be able to communicate them so they are understood to a non-technical buyer.
• Familiarity with Internet services, bandwidth, IP wired and wireless networks, principles of computer hardware and software, webcasting.
• Familiarity with Power Distribution services, amperage, wattage, single/ three phase power, safety regulations and compliance.
• Excellent written and verbal presentation skills.
• Safety Conscious
• Action Oriented
• Tech Savvy
• Ensures Accountability
• Attention to Detail
• Build Teamwork
• Build Relationships
• Coaching and Providing Feedback
• Exceeds Customer Expectations
• Quality Orientation
Work is performed in a hotel/convention center environment with moderate exposure to outdoor temperatures and to dirt, sand and/or dust. The working conditions will vary between moderately quiet to noisy volumes. Team members will use high-end audio-visual equipment and electrical components and will be exposed to heights via lifts and ladders. Team members may be asked to work in multiple hotel locations. Working times will include irregular hours and on-call status including days, evenings, weekends, and holidays. Team members must adhere to appearance guidelines as defined by Encore based on an individual hotel or a representation of hotels in that city or area.
The above information on this description is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned.
Early Career Development Programs
Encore is always looking for talented people who are passionate about creating memorable experiences that inspire change. Find out how you can jump-start your career in our dynamic industry.LEARN MORE
- Associate Network Operations Center Engineer, IS IT - Network Engineering 36828827424 Illinois, United States
- Technical Director- Live Event Production Ops - General 36828793200 Florida, United States, Texas, United States, Nevada, United States
- Event Technician, Audio Visual - Westin Kierland Ops - Technical Services, Audio Visual 36796594208 Arizona, United States
- Event Technical Lead AV, Audio Visual North Charleston Marriott Ops - Technical Services, Audio Visual 36796659584 South Carolina, United States
Your career and ambitions aren’t tied down to one place. We’re the exclusive on-site event technology provider to over 1,500 venues around the world, filling your future with global possibilities.explore locations
Career Path Opportunities
Discover everywhere you can go and the impact you can have. Your career is never limited to one location with Encore.LEARN MORE
What to Expect
We want to give you a window into our recruitment process to ensure that your journey to becoming a Encore team member is a positive experience.LEARN MORE
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Stay connected and receive the latest career opportunities at Encore.