Event Manager - HARGROVEJob ID EVENT009863 Date posted 11/17/2021 Location Lanham , Maryland Position Type Full Time
The Event Manager (EM) has overall responsibility for each event production project assigned specific to Special Events/Exhibits and Trade Shows lines of business. This person serves as the primary owner and point-of-contact with all internal departments and the key client contact. At the direction of the Executive Producer, this position manages all phases of the project, including pre-show, on show site, and post-show activities. The EM must manage within the estimated, approved budget by coordinating, administering, and disseminating information to and from the client and all internal stakeholders. This position is responsible for facilitating and communicating the client’s needs to the various operating departments within Hargrove as well as with the venues and subcontractors.
Event Managers own projects of medium to large scale across Special Events/Exhibits and Trade Shows; requiring advanced levels of expertise and ability as it relates to show size, scale and custom components. The EM has the additional responsibility of supporting the Group Managers and Executive Producers with training and mentoring of fellow staffers and supporting corporate initiatives such as workflow development and standard operating processes and procedures.
Key Job Responsibilities
Event Project Management
• Provide trusted leadership to the cross organizational team to build consensus on the vision, strategy, and execution of each project.
• Partner with Executive Producer (EP) on larger projects.
• Own medium to large shows where an EP is not assigned ensuring core event deliverables. Schedules and leads all internal and client meetings including Pre-Production, Production, Tie-Down, Exhibit Roundup, and Post-Show Wrap-up meetings.
• Attend client meetings and site inspections as required.
• Manage the submitting of requisitions for the procurement of subcontracted rentals and services (furniture, plants, AV, linens, etc.) or special materials (fabrics, substrates, etc.) and ensuring timely delivery and return of goods as contracted.
• Participate and support corporate initiatives for improving infrastructure, processes, and procedures.
• Participate in Project Launch Meetings owned by the Sales Account Executive, ensuring a smooth transition to event production project team.
• Work closely with venue CSM to manage space allocation.
• Manage the completion and updating of all floor plans, including initial fire marshal requirements.
• Act as the project leader and onsite contact for the client throughout the event.
• Manage all phases of event technical execution from load-in through run of show to load-out.
• Ensure compliance with established Technical Standards and Production Standards.
• Follow up with clients on-site to ensure that their needs are met and the equipment setup is working properly.
• Responsible for overall budget management, costs, and profit margins for each job; including planning and project timeline management.
• Complete appropriate work orders and detailed order forms in a timely fashion including items such as graphic submission, proof-reading, shop orders, etc..
• Assist with the completion of post-event client invoice. Work with operations management to ensure the prompt payment of all external vendors
• Ensure compliance with Hargrove Policies and Procedures to minimize company’s exposure to liability claims and property damage, theft and misappropriation.
Administrative & Training
• Responsible for the successful briefing and handover to onsite staff.
• Make provisions for any necessary licenses, permits, and/or certificates as needed.
• Coordinate graphics collection and dissemination; including receiving files from client, collecting logos, ensure internal departments have correct, final, client-approved file.
• Collaborate with design department to create renderings and communicate to client.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Manage all show dates and accurately maintain Forms database.
• Conduct review and analysis of proposed events as required.
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in Business, Marketing, Event Planning, Communications or a related area of study or equivalent industry experience
• 4+ years of event production experience including special events and trade shows
• 1+ years of direct account/client management
• Excellent customer service skills and the ability to work with cross-functional teams across many levels of management, including the executive leadership
• Budget monitoring and management
• Works well both independently and as a team player, both in the office and at show site with little to no supervision
• Fluent using the English language, along with excellent written and oral communication skills
• Positive approach to teamwork, sales and problem solving
• Detail oriented, strong organizational skills, and works well under pressure
• Microsoft Office 365 experience required
• Certified Meeting Planner certification preferred
• Ability to pass a high-level background check
• Willingness to travel (<50%)
Competencies (by Core Values)
• Communicates Effectively
• Detail Oriented
• Drives Quality Results
• Decision Quality
• Action Oriented
• Manages Ambiguity
• Builds Effective Teams
Work is performed in a hotel/convention center environment with moderate exposure to outdoor temperatures and to dirt, sand and/or dust. The working conditions will vary between moderately quiet to noisy volumes. Team members will use high-end audio visual equipment and electrical components, and will be exposed to heights via lifts and ladders. Team members may be asked to work in multiple hotel locations. Working times will include irregular hours and on-call status including days, evenings, weekends and holidays. Team members must adhere to appearance guidelines as defined by Hargrove based on an individual hotel or a representation of hotels in that city or area.
Work is performed primarily in an office environment. Working times may include irregular hours and on-call status including days, evenings, weekends and holidays. Team members must adhere to appearance guidelines as defined by Hargrove based in an office environment and when traveling, on an individual venue or a representation of venues in that city or area.
The above information on this description is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned.
Early Career Development Programs
Encore is always looking for talented people who are passionate about creating memorable experiences that inspire change. Find out how you can jump-start your career in our dynamic industry.LEARN MORE
- Superviseur technique- Technical Supervisor- Centre Mont Royal Ops - General 22321658128 Quebec, Canada
- Event Sales Engineer, Specialty Services - Remote Sales - General 22321636448 Texas, United States, Illinois, United States, Florida, United States
- Event Technical Supervisor, Audio Visual - Hyatt Seattle Ops - Technical Services, Audio Visual Jobs 21185844032 Washington, United States
- Event Technician, Audio Visual- Phoenix Ops - Technical Services, Audio Visual Jobs 16676836208 Arizona, United States
Your career and ambitions aren’t tied down to one place. We’re the exclusive on-site event technology provider to over 1,500 venues around the world, filling your future with global possibilities.explore locations
Career Path Opportunities
Discover everywhere you can go and the impact you can have. Your career is never limited to one location with Encore.LEARN MORE
What to Expect
We want to give you a window into our recruitment process to ensure that your journey to becoming a Encore team member is a positive experience.LEARN MORE
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Stay connected and receive the latest career opportunities at Encore.