Producer - HalifaxJob ID PRODU013492 Date posted 05/12/2022 Location Dartmouth , Nova Scotia Position Type Full Time
The Producer is primarily responsible for the successful planning and execution of corporate events, association events, keynotes, special events and branding activations. The Producer will lead and inspire event teams, manage expectations and work collaboratively to find creative solutions during the development of projects. The Producer will ensure that all the right steps/process are followed and that the results of the project are at the best level of quality both creatively and financially. The Producer will provide design guidance, and oversight of the event production team. They will produce and stage all elements of a program, hire or select and oversee show staff, forge positive relationships with client and verify final billing. The Producer is responsible for creating a Scope of Work relevant to the event. The Producer will create programs that meet the client’s needs and are profitable for the company. The Producer is responsible for relaying all pertinent information up to the Senior Producer.
Key Job Responsibilities
Sales and Marketing Support:
- Partner with Sales during the proposal stage (including RFP assistance and/or proposal writing)
- Evaluate initial creative concepts, define deliverables and budgetary elements
- Work with marketing team to produce collateral for Encore service offerings (scenic, creative, event production)
- Keep current with changing trends in event technology and design
- Maintain the event’s creative vision by bringing all elements/teams together from planning to execution
- Consult with Program Producer to prepare event budget, and review any scope changes throughout event pre-production.
- Collaboration with Encore Venue teams for any projects in Encore properties, if applicable.
- Lead all project management elements, team meetings, benchmarks, etc.
- Arrange and attend client site inspections
- Engage Creative Department to develop graphics and print materials
- Engage Project Manager to oversee technical elements
- Identify and mitigate risks to projects and solve issues before they affect production by collaborating with internal stakeholders
- Work with Production Manager on production schedule (provide information and recommendations where needed, etc.)
- Research, recommend and hire suppliers, freelance support and talent where needed (i.e. build stage team, hire greeters, registration supplier, etc.) Including reviewing and negotiating contracts.
- Maintain quality control throughout the entire show, while keeping event on scope.
- Show calling as needed
- Stage management as needed
- Ensure production budgets are well executed and remain profitable
- Schedule and lead internal and client debriefs
- Collaborate with Program Producer to review, approve and ensure any event POs have been submitted.
- Work with finance on invoice approvals prior to client billing
- Maintain directory of freelancers, suppliers and references
- Actively mentor team members
- Manage and build client relationships
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field preferred.
- 5 years of production or audio visual experience required.
- Onsite crew management experience
- Client relationship skills, strong written and oral communications skills, and detail oriented
- Knowledge of hospitality industry and sales processes required in addition to the ability to read and decipher financial reports and records
- Computer proficiency required including MS Office
Competencies (by Core Values)
- Manages Complexity
- Communicates Effectively
- Drives Quality Results
- Optimizes Work Processes
- Plans and Aligns
- Situational Adaptability
Early Career Development Programs
Encore is always looking for talented people who are passionate about creating memorable experiences that inspire change. Find out how you can jump-start your career in our dynamic industry.LEARN MORE
- Event Technician, Audio Visual - Sheraton Palo Alto Ops - Technical Services, Audio Visual 29186291312 California, United States
- Event Technician, Audio Visual - The Westin Gaslamp Ops - Technical Services, Audio Visual 24297731872 California, United States
- Event Technician, Audio Visual -Sheraton Wild Horse Ops - Technical Services, Audio Visual 29453848704 Arizona, United States
- Event Technician, Audio Visual- Four Seasons Orlando Ops - Technical Services, Audio Visual 29453842064 Florida, United States
Your career and ambitions aren’t tied down to one place. We’re the exclusive on-site event technology provider to over 1,500 venues around the world, filling your future with global possibilities.explore locations
Career Path Opportunities
Discover everywhere you can go and the impact you can have. Your career is never limited to one location with Encore.LEARN MORE
What to Expect
We want to give you a window into our recruitment process to ensure that your journey to becoming a Encore team member is a positive experience.LEARN MORE
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Stay connected and receive the latest career opportunities at Encore.