Director of Event Technology I - Rosewood Mansion DallasJob ID DIREC016066 Date posted 08/05/2022 Location Dallas , Texas Position Type Full Time
The Director, Event Technology (OEM/SNE) is responsible for achieving the revenue and profitability goals of an assigned location(s). This position ensures the team delivers World-Class service while cultivating and maintaining relationships with key venue personnel to enhance the overall business relationship with the venue. The DET promotes high performance, accountability and continuous improvement in the team and fosters a collaborative environment that values learning and a commitment to quality. This role will manage less than two Full-time team members and report to an Area Director, Venues or RVP, Venues.
Key Job Responsibilities
Financial Management and Reporting
• Drive Results by managing an efficient and profitable operation with a focused approach on revenue maximization and profitability using cost control measures in accordance with the company’s standard operating procedures.
• Achieve Encore’s financial goals for the location(s) by effectively managing labor, equipment sub-rentals and other costs.
• Understand and utilize operational and financial reports and completes standard and ad hoc reports accurately and on time.
• Utilize the Company billing system to coordinate invoicing activities and makes certain that billing is reviewed and approved by clients.
• See the Big Picture by completing the sales forecast at home location, ensuring they are accurate and submitted timely.
• Participate in business review presentations as needed, in collaboration with regional management.
• Manage location P & L and develop action plans to address deficiencies/grow the business.
• Confirms venue partners process all payments to Encore in a timely basis.
• Perform and directs daily floor operations including scheduling and equipment setups, operation, and strikes.
• Ensure that all equipment and services are delivered on time, in good working condition and as specified by clients and the venue, and in accordance to brand standards.
• Anticipate equipment challenges and changes in a timely and professional manner.
• Use inventory control procedures to maintain proper inventory levels while also maintaining safety, security, and quality assurance of equipment.
• See the Big Picture by efficiently sharing labor and equipment within the local market.
• Attend all operational venue meetings such as daily stand up meetings with venue operations staff.
• Create effective strategies to maximize revenue per-event for assigned customers including upsell and cross-sell opportunities.
• Prepare and deliver compelling presentations that convey the value of Encore and effectively solve customer challenges.
• Effectively prepare and present quotes and proposals in a timely manner to customers, including those submitted through www.encoreglobal.com, venue booking system, or other sources as assigned.
• Attend site visits, pre-conference planning meetings, and appropriate venue meetings as necessary to support the customer event experience.
• Effectively collaborate with vendors and other departments/divisions of the company to capture and service events.
• Understand event cost structure and incorporate into solution designs according to established profitability guidelines.
• Attend customer meetings, understanding their goals and responding to their questions, concerns, and challenges.
• Do the Right Thing by ensuring all customer information is up to date and accurate in the Customer Relationship Management system (CRM) at all times.
• Maintain knowledge of new product/service offerings and emerging technology supporting meetings and events
• Create and present information and reports, as needed, to senior management related to performance, pipeline, forecasting, etc.
• Deliver World-Class Service by cultivating and maintaining relationships with customers, small venue personnel and various Encore supporting functions and departments.
• Position will have oversight to personnel to assist with event execution.
• Exceed the expectations and needs of internal and external customers.
• Meet with guests on site to ensure that their needs are met and the equipment setup is accurate and working properly.
• Monitor small venues and check in on customers throughout the day.
• Portray a polished and professional image according to the guidelines in the Employee Guide and/or venue standards, and ensures the team adheres to the same standards.
• Understand the technical aspects of the job and applies basic to advanced troubleshooting and problem solving skills to resolve equipment and software issues in a timely and professional manner.
• Effectively utilizes applicable company computer systems.
• Act as the solo on-site technician for events, if necessary.
People Development (where applicable)
• Value People by promoting a culture of high performance, accountability and continuous improvement that values learning and a commitment to quality.
• Manage performance, addresses employee concerns, maintains adequate staffing levels, and facilitates team development.
• Manages the human resources activities including selection, performance management, and learning
• Provide focused and continued coaching to develop the skills of team members.
• Train employees on Encore standards for service and equipment, and ensures they are properly trained on company computer systems.
• Recommend team members for training opportunities, as needed.
• High School Diploma is required. Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
• 3+ years of audio visual experience
• 1+ years of supervisory experience
• 2+ years of customer service or hospitality experience is preferred.
• Sales experience is a plus
• Working knowledge of audio visual equipment in a live show environment
• Must be able to successfully complete Level 3 Skills training
• Proficiency with the use of computer hardware
• Proficiency with computer software and programs, including the Internet and Microsoft Office
• Effective leadership abilities and customer satisfaction focus.
• A valid driver’s license is required for team members who may operate Company vehicles.
Work is performed in a venue/convention center environment with moderate exposure to outdoor temperatures and to dirt, sand and/or dust. The working conditions will vary between moderately quiet to noisy volumes. Team members will use high-end audio visual equipment and electrical components, and will be exposed to heights via lifts and ladders. Team members may be asked to work in multiple venue locations. Working times will include irregular hours and on-call status including days, evenings, weekends and holidays. Team members must adhere to appearance guidelines as defined by Encore based on an individual venue or a representation of venues in that city or area.
Starting Compensation: *IE: $53,000/Yr. - $58,000.00/Yr.*
From versatile health perks to new career opportunities, check out our benefits on our careers website https://jobs.encoreglobal.com/benefits
Early Career Development Programs
Encore is always looking for talented people who are passionate about creating memorable experiences that inspire change. Find out how you can jump-start your career in our dynamic industry.LEARN MORE
- Event Sales Manager, Audio Visual -St. Regis Sales - Venue Sales, Audio Visual 34330602048 California, United States
- Repair Technician - Las Vegas Supply & Log - Warehousing 33661135104 Nevada, United States
- Event Technical Lead, Audio Visual - Omni San Francisco Ops - Technical Services, Audio Visual 34330567648 California, United States
- Event Audio Visual Technician - Winnipeg Ops - Technical Services, Audio Visual 34306011856 Manitoba, Canada
Your career and ambitions aren’t tied down to one place. We’re the exclusive on-site event technology provider to over 1,500 venues around the world, filling your future with global possibilities.explore locations
Career Path Opportunities
Discover everywhere you can go and the impact you can have. Your career is never limited to one location with Encore.LEARN MORE
What to Expect
We want to give you a window into our recruitment process to ensure that your journey to becoming a Encore team member is a positive experience.LEARN MORE
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Stay connected and receive the latest career opportunities at Encore.