Associate Director, Creative ProductionJob ID ASSOC017651 Date posted 10/05/2022 Location Coppell , Texas Position Type Full Time
The Associate Director of Creative Production is responsible for managing a team of producers, overseeing multiple projects from ideation to execution, and developing creative solutions to address customers' requests timely and on budget. This position will be responsible for assigning resources, upholding creative standards, and ensuring successful creative output. The Associate Director of Creative Production reports to the Director of Creative Production.
Key Job Responsibilities
• Lead and develop a small team of producers: setting clear goals, allocating resources and assignments as appropriate, ensuring deadlines are met, and team members are set up for success.
• Manage the Creative Production assignments monitoring the project intake queue and assign producers to incoming projects with the best talent to task alignment.
• Provide regular feedback and address team member concerns as appropriate and escalate challenges to creative leadership as needed.
• Provide leadership and guidance in revenue growth, cost management, and other financial areas to the Producers.
• Help direct reports to troubleshoot through all stages of Content Production, modeling production best practices.
• Model exemplary behavior in developing strong partnerships with creative teams from the concept stage through execution.
• Implement and maintain a training plan for all new hires on the team.
• Independently produce high-complexity content projects from concept to final deliverables.
• Oversee video and content production deliverables, always striving to ensure the highest quality.
• Regularly communicate with Creative Producers on the status of all events and conduct periodic financial reviews.
• Proactively identify impediments before they arise, finding solutions and efficiencies while elevating creative output.
• Negotiate and manage project statements of work, estimates, and related parameters.
• Bid and negotiate with vendors for all aspects of film and animation production, editorial, and music production.
• Review show reports and participate in post-show review calls to identify challenges, find solutions, and determine training opportunities.
• Develop and implement creative solutions to critical media production challenges, always looking to improve turnaround time.
• Demonstrate integrity and navigate through creative challenges with insight and patience.
• Act as an interpreter for client needs – strategizing appropriate delivery methods that convey the client's message.
• Lead creative presentations to internal and external stakeholders, effectively presenting concepts and solutions to influence sell-through to clients.
• Strengthen relationships between internal and external clients and other stakeholders.
• Foster and maintain a positive work environment.
• Responsible for adhering to established project schedule and deadlines providing deliverables in a timely and accurate fashion.
• Produce high-quality work that meets the standards expected by internal teammates and external clients.
• Demonstrate the ability to translate effectively and accurately all Creative Direction provided into assigned projects and deliverables.
• Demonstrate proactive communication skills with your Producers/Project Managers and team members; project concerns or red flags should be raised immediately so issues can be addressed in a timely manner.
• Maintain timely communications via email, teams chat, or phone when working at the office, and especially when working remotely.
• Ensure that the production team keeps all project data and timesheet information up to date in the Project Management software.
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience.
• 7+ years of Creative Production or Agency experience.
• Strong working knowledge of the fundamentals—Video Production, Motion Graphics, brand development, creative process—and new platforms and technologies.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Excellent presentation skills and communication abilities at all levels of both internal and client organizations.
• A team player who works well in collaboration with the rest of the organization.
• Strong client relationship skills.
• Calm under pressure, especially during live, virtual, and hybrid events, as well as other high-pressure, client-facing scenarios.
• A reel and creative portfolio of relevant Work that demonstrates the range, experience, and flexibility.
• A quick learner who is adaptable to new situations and processes.
• Manage all projects in the current PM software, making sure it is always up-to-date and correct.
• Follows current Encore Creative Production Process.
• MS Office experience required.
• Working Knowledge of Adobe's CC suite.
• Video editorial and design capabilities are a plus.
Deliver World Class Service
Do The Right Thing
• Optimizes & Aligns Work
See The Big Picture
• Strategic Mindset
• Organizational Savvy
• Values Diversity
For more information on our Competency Group, refer to the Competency Based Talent Management page on Encore Connect by searching for the title or copy & pasting this URL Link (https://psav.sharepoint.com/sites/HR/SitePages/Competency-Supported-Talent-Management.aspx).
Work is performed primarily in an office environment. Working times may include irregular hours and on-call status including days, evenings, weekends, and holidays. Team members must adhere to appearance guidelines as defined by Encore based in an office environment and when traveling, on an individual venue or a representation of venues in that city or area.
The above information on this description is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned.
Early Career Development Programs
Encore is always looking for talented people who are passionate about creating memorable experiences that inspire change. Find out how you can jump-start your career in our dynamic industry.LEARN MORE
- Event Technician - Full Time - Marriott St. Louis Grand Ops - Technical Services 41172436240 Missouri, United States
- Part-Time Event Rigger - Denver Ops - Rigging 41172425232 Colorado, United States
- Event Technician, Audio Visual - Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Ops - Technical Services, Audio Visual 41162679968 Florida, United States
- Lead Power Distribution Technician Renaissance Sea World Ops - Power 41172417840 Florida, United States
Your career and ambitions aren’t tied down to one place. We’re the exclusive on-site event technology provider to over 1,500 venues around the world, filling your future with global possibilities.explore locations
Career Path Opportunities
Discover everywhere you can go and the impact you can have. Your career is never limited to one location with Encore.LEARN MORE
What to Expect
We want to give you a window into our recruitment process to ensure that your journey to becoming a Encore team member is a positive experience.LEARN MORE
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Stay connected and receive the latest career opportunities at Encore.