Regional Internet Services ManagerJob ID REGIO015228 Date posted 07/01/2022 Location Chicago , Illinois Position Type Full Time
Under general direction of the Director of Field Operations, Internet Services, manage the client facing Internet services and other related services within a region. Manage the people, oversee the equipment and infrastructure, coach in the selling of the solutions, deliver successful events and provide outstanding internal and external customer service.
Key Job Responsibilities
• Provide dotted line supervision to all full and part time IT team members in the region. Assist the on property Directors with the hiring, training, development, and evaluating performance of the team members.
• Deliver training to regional team members on Technical Sales, Network Management and Event Support. Coach their behavior and offer constructive feedback to fuel continuous improvement.
Technical Sales Management:
• Enforces standard operating procedures as they relate to the technical sales of Internet Services and related products (i.e. phones, computers, printers, webcasting etc.) by applying a working knowledge of such technologies and sound sales skills.
• In collaboration with the property based sales teams, assist in the sale of large or complex shows by conducting pre-sales discovery, determine client need, negotiate and accurately quote and price the appropriate solution. Where appropriate, participate in onsite meetings with the hotel and client prior to and during the event.
• Understand the moves, adds and changes to the event specification that could have an impact on the services and react by effectively communicating appropriate adjustments to the team.
• Coach the sales team to sell Internet more effectively in line with established procedures.
• Under general direction from the Director of Network Engineering, maintain a working knowledge of every network infrastructure installation within the region for which PSAV is contracted. Manage regional needs for portable equipment and recommend equipment purchases, transfers and upgrades where appropriate.
• Train and mentor location based team members to properly monitor the functioning of their networks, maintain equipment in working order, replace damaged components and create documentation such as port maps, access point layouts, network diagrams and labelling the patch panels and wall outlets.
• Establish and maintain positive working relationships with Internet Service Providers, Network Service Providers (NSP) and Hotel IT teams in order to facilitate smooth operations and the highest levels of service at each location.
• Perform network maintenance under the supervision of Client Network Services for PSAV managed network locations and under the supervision of a 3rd party NSP for connection services locations.
• Provide oversight to the location teams as they plan and execute established event requirements with the highest levels of customer service. For large or complex shows, personally plan, organize and establish the work and supervise any additional team members participating in providing the services.
• Direct the setup, configuration and testing of all supplied network and related (i.e. access points, switches, phones, computers, printers, webcasting etc.) equipment making use of the set standards available. Ensure that the event specifications are understood by key stakeholders.
• Participate in large and complex events outside the region as required.
• Oversee the regional equipment inventory by accurately forecasting demand, assist with the procurement of suitable subrental or branch equipment (i.e. phones, computers, printers, webcasting etc.) and manage the ordering, quality control, use and safe return of such equipment.
• Bachelor of Science or equivalent in Computer Science or commensurate experience
• 6+ years of experience in the hospitality industry in a technical role
• Ability to understand technical concepts and solutions and be able to communicate them so they are understood to a non-technical buyer.
• Familiarity with Internet services, bandwidth, IP wired and wireless networks, principles of computer hardware and software, webcasting.
• Networking certifications from Cisco, CompTIA are a strong advantage
• Attention to Detail
• Build Teamwork
• Build Relationships
• Coaching and Providing Feedback
• Exceeds Customer Expectations
Work is performed in a hotel/convention center environment with moderate exposure to outdoor temperatures and to dirt, sand and/or dust. The working conditions will vary between moderately quiet to noisy volumes. Team members will use high-end audio visual equipment and electrical components, and will be exposed to heights via lifts and ladders. Team members may be asked to work in multiple hotel locations. Working times will include irregular hours and on-call status including days, evenings, weekends and holidays. Team members must adhere to appearance guidelines as defined by PSAV based on an individual hotel or a representation of hotels in that city or area.
Early Career Development Programs
Encore is always looking for talented people who are passionate about creating memorable experiences that inspire change. Find out how you can jump-start your career in our dynamic industry.LEARN MORE
- Event Sales Manager, Audio Visual -St. Regis Sales - Venue Sales, Audio Visual 34330602048 California, United States
- Repair Technician - Las Vegas Supply & Log - Warehousing 33661135104 Nevada, United States
- Event Technical Lead, Audio Visual - Omni San Francisco Ops - Technical Services, Audio Visual 34330567648 California, United States
- Event Audio Visual Technician - Winnipeg Ops - Technical Services, Audio Visual 34306011856 Manitoba, Canada
Your career and ambitions aren’t tied down to one place. We’re the exclusive on-site event technology provider to over 1,500 venues around the world, filling your future with global possibilities.explore locations
Career Path Opportunities
Discover everywhere you can go and the impact you can have. Your career is never limited to one location with Encore.LEARN MORE
What to Expect
We want to give you a window into our recruitment process to ensure that your journey to becoming a Encore team member is a positive experience.LEARN MORE
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Stay connected and receive the latest career opportunities at Encore.