Customer Relationship Director - RemoteJob ID CUSTO020028 Date posted 01/19/2023 Location Chicago , Illinois Position Type Full Time
The Customer Relationship Director is responsible primarily for managing and developing new and existing strategic accounts. This individual will proactively manage customers in large and complex organizations to maximize satisfaction and retention. Individual is also responsible for securing new or repeat business by organically growing revenue within assigned account portfolio across the full range of products and services the company can deliver. This position is expected to take clients through the entire sales process, from outreach to close while expanding Encore’s end to end service offerings within their assigned account portfolio. The position will be focused on one or more specific sectors or regions.
Chicago, Dallas-Fort Worth area or DC area preferred.
Key Job Responsibilities
Sales Management & Account Ownership
● Responsible for strategic value selling into multiple industries. Selling is often pre-RFP, sharing the vision and business value of what an Encore partnership could bring to an event, regionally, nationally, and globally.
● Contact assigned account contacts to conduct an event technology consultation.
● Build and maintain close relationships with clients to expand their business with Encore.
● Attend initial kick-off calls to ensure what was agreed upon from complex end to end production sale is delivered from the beginning.
● Partner closely with the project delivery team to ensure that clients are pleased with the product and service they receive while identifying areas for continued development improvement.
● Schedule and execute event debrief calls with Production team.
● Review event data and metrics to build a strong rapport with Encore in the future and demonstrate ROI to clients.
● Proactively contract repeat events and work to break RFP cycle on large productions or event series within existing account portfolio.
● Map key client stakeholders with Encore leadership to aide our goal of deepening B2B relationship within assigned account.
Inbound Sales & Qualifying New Accounts
● Partner with sales leadership on strategically mapping out the assigned sector / sub sector.
● Build strategies and customer pursuit plans that include contact with accounts to conduct an end-to-end event solutions assessment.
● Respond to assigned inbound inquiries with speed, positivity and precision.
● Schedule online and in-person demonstrations of Encore’s products and services to Senior or Director level clients.
● Seamlessly turn the business needs of our clients into alignment with the benefits of our products.
● Proudly demonstrate Encore’s audience engagement impact and demonstrable ROI to position Encore as the partner of choice.
● Manage large or complex proposals, presentations, and RFP responses through our sales process, from lead to WIN.
● Achieve or surpass quarterly and annual revenue targets including account growth and increased conversion rate.
● Take leadership role within industry segment events or associations, through speaking, networking, or attending events to position Encore as a thought leader and partner of choice.
● Communicate with leadership regularly to report on sales activity and progress against targets set.
● Bring market insights to the business to inform and influence our development roadmap.
● Keep CRM and systems up to date and enriched with key business intelligence at all times.
● Collaborate with Marketing to create relevant account-based campaigns.
● Maintain sales pipeline and consistently review the health of large and complex opportunity to accurately influence revenue projections at all times.
Desired Experience & Soft Skills
● A background in the meetings and live events industry (virtual and hybrid events a bonus)
● Value selling into our target sectors
● Experience and comfort delivering in person and virtual presentation to Senior or Director level clients
● Knowledge of client event sourcing strategies
● The candidate should be a hungry, self-motivated salesperson with an exceptional eye for detail and can operate with minimal supervision.
● Must take real pride in providing unrivaled care and attention to clients and prospects
● Is looking for an opportunity to work in a dynamic and entrepreneurial organization that understands value selling and strategic relationship development
● May mentor Customer Relationship Manager level
● Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
● 8+ years proven success in a sales-focused account management environment
● Must have a strategic mindset
● Strong executive presence
● Demonstrated experience of selling over the phone and face-to-face.
● Strong commercial and financial acumen with experience negotiating large and complex deals.
● Natural communicator and networker with an appetite for relationship building.
● Experienced in the disciplined use of customer relationship management (CRM) software.
● Articulate, with a confident telephone manner, as well as a focused listener.
● Exceptional customer service standards.
● Must be a self-starter and self-motivated, but with the ability and willingness to take direction and work in close collaboration with colleagues.
● Ability to travel regularly based on account development need or strategy.
● Deliver World Class Service (Hospitality, Ownership)
● Do the Right Thing (Demonstrates Self-Awareness)
● Drive Results (Ensures Accountability
● See the Big Picture (Decision Quality, Achieves Goals)
● Value People (Collaborates)
Work is performed primarily in an office environment. Working times may include irregular hours and on-call status including days, evenings, weekends and holidays. Team members must adhere to appearance guidelines as defined by Encore based in an office environment and when traveling, on an individual venue or a representation of venues in that city or area.
Early Career Development Programs
Encore is always looking for talented people who are passionate about creating memorable experiences that inspire change. Find out how you can jump-start your career in our dynamic industry.LEARN MORE
- Event Technical Lead AV, Audio Visual - Boca Raton Marriott Ops - Technical Services, Audio Visual 36593405536 Florida, United States
- Operations Director, Hotel Services - JW Marriott LA Live Ops - General 39417549488 California, United States
- Event Customer Experience Coordinator - The Ritz-Carlton, Boston Ops - General 43747123856 Massachusetts, United States
- Seasonal Event Technician, Audio Visual- Marriott/Ritz Carlton Grande Lakes Orlando Ops - Technical Services, Audio Visual 34998818336 Florida, United States
Your career and ambitions aren’t tied down to one place. We’re the exclusive on-site event technology provider to over 1,500 venues around the world, filling your future with global possibilities.explore locations
Career Path Opportunities
Discover everywhere you can go and the impact you can have. Your career is never limited to one location with Encore.LEARN MORE
What to Expect
We want to give you a window into our recruitment process to ensure that your journey to becoming a Encore team member is a positive experience.LEARN MORE
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Stay connected and receive the latest career opportunities at Encore.