Assoc Proj Mgr, Production - CharlotteJob ID ASSOC013689 Date posted 05/10/2022 Location Charlotte , North Carolina Position Type Full Time
The Associate Project Manager is responsible for managing an entire small event or a portion of a larger project as assigned. This position will monitor progress and performance against the project plan; identifying, resolving, escalating operational problems, and minimizing delays. The Associate Project Manager will ensure successful execution of events by following Technical and Production Standards and supporting the implementation of processes and SOP’s that drive consistency in event production. This position will partner with the Project Manager, Senior Project Manager, or Associate Director, Project Management and will communicate onsite event execution plans with all parties. The Associate Project Manager will report to the Associate Director, Project Management.
Key Job Responsibilities
Event Project Management
• Assist in creating and deploying a detailed work plan for a portion of an event or a small project which identifies and sequences the activities needed to successfully complete the project.
• Review and make recommendations on both equipment and labor requirements for the event and coordinate with the Project Management team.
• Analyze and manage project risk to ensure customer satisfaction and that Technical and Production Standards are followed.
• Develop and maintain strong relationships with clients at all levels of their organization and provide outstanding customer service while focusing on client retention.
• Supervise the technical aspects of the job and provide intermediate to advanced operational troubleshooting and problem solving during the technical set up, operation, and dismantle of basic to advanced large-scale audio-visual systems.
• Assist with scheduling equipment deliveries and pickups for the assigned event.
• Troubleshoot and problem solve audio-visual and IT equipment.
• Follow up with clients on-site to ensure that their needs are met and the equipment setup is working properly.
• Monitors events and checks in on event session throughout the day.
• Monitor cost control measures and report challenges to Project Management team.
• Assist Project Management team with securing local internal resources to minimize external spend.
• Ensure compliance with Encore Policies and Procedures to minimize company’s exposure to liability claims and property damage, theft and misappropriation.
Administrative & Training
• Complete Encore post-event process, to include the completion of all post-show reporting, confirming all workforce hours are accurately entered and ensuring that outsourced equipment is returned to appropriate provider as assigned.
• Assist in the training and development of technicians to improve customer experience.
• Achieve Technical Level 3 Certification per Encore Technical Skill Set Matrix within 180 days.
• BA/BS Degree or equivalent experience
• 2+ years of knowledge of audio-visual or related technical skill set
• 1+ years on-site crew experience
• Venue audio-visual and strong technical background preferred
• Strong Client relationship skills
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Works well under pressure
• Ability to manage complex job functions within a fast-paced environment
• Problem solving and troubleshooting skills
• MS Office experience required
• Ability to travel up to 50% may be required
• Optimizes Work Processes
• Financial Acumen
• Detail Oriented
• Problem Solving
• Drives Quality Results
• Communicates Effectively
• Decision Quality
Work is performed in a hotel/event venue environment with moderate exposure to outdoor temperatures and to dirt, sand and/or dust. The working conditions will vary between moderately quiet to noisy volumes. Team members will use high-end audio-visual equipment and electrical components and will be exposed to heights via lifts and ladders. Team members may be asked to work in multiple locations. Working times may include irregular hours and on-call status including days, evenings, weekends and holidays. Team members must adhere to appearance guidelines as defined by Encore based on an individual venue or a representation of venues in that city or area.
Early Career Development Programs
Encore is always looking for talented people who are passionate about creating memorable experiences that inspire change. Find out how you can jump-start your career in our dynamic industry.LEARN MORE
- Event Technician, Audio Visual - Sheraton Palo Alto Ops - Technical Services, Audio Visual 29186291312 California, United States
- Event Technician, Audio Visual - The Westin Gaslamp Ops - Technical Services, Audio Visual 24297731872 California, United States
- Event Technician, Audio Visual -Sheraton Wild Horse Ops - Technical Services, Audio Visual 29453848704 Arizona, United States
- Event Technician, Audio Visual- Four Seasons Orlando Ops - Technical Services, Audio Visual 29453842064 Florida, United States
Your career and ambitions aren’t tied down to one place. We’re the exclusive on-site event technology provider to over 1,500 venues around the world, filling your future with global possibilities.explore locations
Career Path Opportunities
Discover everywhere you can go and the impact you can have. Your career is never limited to one location with Encore.LEARN MORE
What to Expect
We want to give you a window into our recruitment process to ensure that your journey to becoming a Encore team member is a positive experience.LEARN MORE
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Stay connected and receive the latest career opportunities at Encore.