Director, Event Technology II - Brookstreet HotelJob ID DIREC008909 Date posted 09/03/2021 Location Kanata , Ontario Position Type Full Time
Position Overview: The Director of Event Technologies is responsible for the overall management and profitability of the local office in accordance with all company guidelines, standard operating procedures and quality initiatives. This includes managing the sales process, technical and event execution, personnel management and providing the utmost in client satisfaction. This position is also responsible for appropriately managing the local client relationship.
· Effectively manages the set-up of client events to ensure successful outcomes.
· Ensures all set-ups and removals are done according to Company standards.
· Ensures all inventory is in good working order and rental condition and secure from theft or damage.
· Complies with all Company security and safety measures.
· Effectively utilizes personnel resources.
· Keeps up to date on related technology to increase innovation.
· Manages the sales process for maximum capture of business and revenue.
· Build events to maximize client satisfaction and uniqueness in the Company’s services.
· Follows through on all client requests.
· Manages budget for increased revenue and controls expenses effectively including sub-rentals and labor.
· Manages accurate and timely billing of events and clients.
· Manages accurate and timely submittal of time and attendance records.
· Develops and appraises staff effectively. Takes corrective action as necessary on a timely basis and in accordance with Company policy.
· Creates an environment of continual improvement and inspired employee morale
· Cultivates and maintains a strong and rewarding business relationship with our Hotel partners.
· Build strong relationships with various sub-rental and labor vendors and ensure sub-rental equipment and contracted labor meets or exceeds Encore standards.
· Attendance at all pertinent in-house hotel meetings (BEO, Sales, Daily Stand-up, etc.)
· Completing and submitting weekly and monthly reports on deadline.
· Ongoing communication with the Regional VP or Director as it pertains to the property operation.
· Work closely with MEP and SMET to ensure flawless proposal creation and event execution.
· Look for opportunities to assist hotel partners with technology needs i.e. digital signage/reader boards, HSIA management, etc.
· Maintaining or assisting in maintaining Encore and, where applicable hotel meeting space and guest room computer networks.
· Drive event creativity.
· Planning ability and time management; able to plan ahead and manage time effectively.
· Demonstrated leadership ability - Able to achieve desired results through others
· Excellent organizational skills
· Strong inter-personnel skills
· Strong verbal and written communications skills
· Strong customer focus
· Strong team player orientation
· Proven ability to educate and sell appropriate event solutions to all clientele
· Proven equipment knowledge and technical skill or aptitude
Required Skills / Experience / Education / Certification:
· Bachelor’s degree in Communication or Related Field.
· Five years progressive experience in the audio visual and/or hospitality industry.
· Computer proficiency.
· Understanding of sales methods.
· Ability to communicate well both verbally and in writing.
Early Career Development Programs
Encore is always looking for talented people who are passionate about creating memorable experiences that inspire change. Find out how you can jump-start your career in our dynamic industry.LEARN MORE
- PT Event Technician, Audio Visual - JW Turnberry Aventura, FL Ops - Technical Services 14961426784 Florida, United States
- Operations Manager, Hotel Services - Terranea Resort Ops - General 14961426032 California, United States
- Director Event Technology- II Hyatt Regency DFW Ops - General 14961425104 Texas, United States
- Event Technician, Audio Visual - Hyatt Regency Indian Wells Ops - Technical Services 14961424480 California, United States
Your career and ambitions aren’t tied down to one place. We’re the exclusive on-site event technology provider to over 1,500 venues around the world, filling your future with global possibilities.explore locations
Career Path Opportunities
Discover everywhere you can go and the impact you can have. Your career is never limited to one location with Encore.LEARN MORE
What to Expect
We want to give you a window into our recruitment process to ensure that your journey to becoming a Encore team member is a positive experience.LEARN MORE
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Stay connected and receive the latest career opportunities at Encore.