Operations Manager, Audio Visual - Marriott Marquis, Washington DCWashington, District of Columbia Job ID: OPERA027869
Our technicians enjoy the opportunities to work with innovative and cutting-edge technology on a daily basis. From setting equipment as elaborate as an LED wall to simply ensuring cable is properly run through the venue, our Technicians are the foundation of the events we build and bring to life. They ensure that each event is flawlessly executed, and work with the rest of the team to setup and strike down each event in a timely manner. At Encore, customer satisfaction is our highest priority, our Technicians play an integral part in establishing a positive relationship with each of our clients.
Here are some of the top qualities that will help you achieve success in this role:
- Customer Focus
- Desire to Learn
- Drive Results
- Technical Aptitude
Other Important Traits
- Team Player,
- Safety Conscious,
Purpose, Mission and Core Values
How we strive to impact the world
Connecting & Inspire
What we do every day
Invaluable partner on our customer's journey
What drives the way we work
Deliver world-class service. See the big picture. Value people. Drive results. Do the right thing.
Paid Time Off
To see all benefits available, click here.
Premium Recognition Program (CenterStage)
Performance Incentive Plans (GEI Bonus)
Employee Referral Program
Training & Development
Classroom/On the Job Training
Global Transfer Opportunities
Manages floor operations to achieve service excellence with a focus on customer service, staff leadership, performance management and development. Achieves the overall goals of the organization through effective workforce and inventory cost control. This position reports directly to either an Operations Director or Director, Event Technology at locations producing greater than three million dollars in revenue.
Key Job Responsibilities
• Manages the daily floor activities and workflow of technicians to ensure that all equipment and services are delivered on time, in good working condition and as specified by clients and the hotel.
• Provides direct supervision of team members including scheduling and time keeping.
• Ensures that billing is reviewed and approved by clients, and advises the Director and/or Sales Manager of any potential challenges.
• Ensures that daily equipment sheets are updated and properly completed.
• Manages inventory control procedures to maintain proper inventory levels while also maintaining safety, security, and quality assurance of equipment.
• Attends BEO, Pre-Cons, and pre-production meetings as needed.
• Delegates tasks as appropriate.
• Reviews quotes and provides recommendations for cost efficiencies in accordance with the company’s standard operating procedures.
• Supervises and mentors operational staff to ensure client satisfaction and revenue maximization via onsite upselling.
• Provides outstanding customer service by establishing excellent working relationships with internal and external clients, team members, neighboring Encore properties and all vendors. Mentors Technicians to also provide this superior level of customer service.
• Meets with guests’ onsite to ensure that their needs are met and the equipment setup is working properly.
• Portrays a polished, professional image according to the guidelines in the Employee Guide and/or hotel standards and ensures the team adheres to the same standards.
People Development & Training
• Promotes and reinforces a positive working environment centered on Encore core values.
• Hire, develop, lead and motivate a talented team of technicians and operational support staff.
• Promote and drive professional development and training efforts to improve overall business acumen, technical knowledge and service to the field.
•Manage human resource related issues including performance management, salary administration and training and development.
• Effectively utilizes applicable company computer systems and software programs and ensure team members are properly trained.
• Registers and recommends team members for additional training opportunities as needed.
• High School Diploma is required. Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
• 4+ years of audio visual and customer service/hospitality experience including 2+ years of supervisory experience.
• Experience leading workflow and team members.
• Working knowledge of audio visual equipment in a live show environment
• Proficiency with the use of computer hardware
• Proficiency with computer software and programs, including the Internet and Microsoft Office
• Effective leadership abilities and customer satisfaction focus.
Deliver World Class Service
Do The Right Thing
• Manages Ambiguity
• Directs Work
• Achieves Goals
See The Big Picture
• Financial Acumen
• Builds Effective Teams
Work is performed in a hotel/convention center environment with moderate exposure to outdoor temperatures and to dirt, sand and/or dust. The working conditions will vary between moderately quiet to noisy volumes. Team members will use high-end audio-visual equipment and electrical components and will be exposed to heights via lifts and ladders. Team members may be asked to work in multiple hotel locations. Working times will include irregular hours and on-call status including days, evenings, weekends, and holidays. Team members must adhere to appearance guidelines as defined by Encore based on an individual hotel or a representation of hotels in that city or area.
The above information on this description is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned.
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Stay connected and receive the latest career opportunities at Encore.