Event Sales Manager, Audio Visual - Mohegan SunUncasville, Connecticut Job ID: EVENT022184
Our technicians enjoy the opportunities to work with innovative and cutting-edge technology on a daily basis. From setting equipment as elaborate as an LED wall to simply ensuring cable is properly run through the venue, our Technicians are the foundation of the events we build and bring to life. They ensure that each event is flawlessly executed, and work with the rest of the team to setup and strike down each event in a timely manner. At Encore, customer satisfaction is our highest priority, our Technicians play an integral part in establishing a positive relationship with each of our clients.
Here are some of the top qualities that will help you achieve success in this role:
- Customer Focus
- Desire to Learn
- Drive Results
- Technical Aptitude
Other Important Traits
- Team Player,
- Safety Conscious,
The ability to put on the big shows that my hotel plans out or to teach the incoming technicians how to make these shows happen is why I really like the hustle and bustle of my day-to-day as a Technical Lead.
Purpose, Mission and Core Values
How we strive to impact the world
Connecting & Inspire
What we do every day
Invaluable partner on our customer's journey
What drives the way we work
Deliver world-class service. See the big picture. Value people. Drive results. Do the right thing.
Paid Time Off
To see all benefits available, click here.
Premium Recognition Program (CenterStage)
Performance Incentive Plans (GEI Bonus)
Employee Referral Program
Training & Development
Classroom/On the Job Training
Global Transfer Opportunities
The Sales Manager is responsible for effectively guiding customers through event experiences, identifying solutions that meet their goals and objectives, resulting in a compelling event experience. Utilizes all available tools to ensure maximum event and revenue capture from assigned customer base. Cultivates and maintains relationships with key hotel personnel to enhance the overall business relationship with hotel. Supports Company initiatives, business strategies and Core Values. This position reports to a Sr. Sales Manager, Sales Director, or Director, Event Technology.
Key Job Responsibilities
• Drive Results by soliciting and securing business through a proactive, consultative sales approach, utilizing Encore’s sales process and methodology.
• Effectively prepare and present quotes and proposals in a timely manner to customers, including those submitted through www.encoreglobal.com, venue booking system, or other sources as assigned.
• Effectively collaborate with vendors and other departments/divisions of the company to capture and service events.
• Attend site visits, pre-conference planning meetings, and appropriate venue meetings as necessary to support the customer event experience.
• Understand event cost structure and incorporates this into solution designs according to established profitability guidelines.
• Deliver World-Class Service by cultivating and maintaining relationships with customers, venue personnel and various Encore supporting functions and departments.
• Thoroughly research and understand customer history and previous experiences, in order to create more personalized customer experiences.
• Value People by attending customer meetings, understanding their goals and responding to their questions, concerns, and challenges.
• Do the Right Thing by ensuring all customer information is up to date and accurate in the Customer Relationship Management system (CRM) at all times.
• Actively refer and guide customers through the Encore network, leveraging contacts to secure additional opportunities with existing customers.
• Maintain a healthy pipeline at all times that ensures achievement of established revenue targets.
• Ensure all known opportunities are in CRM and completely accurate and updated at all times.
• See the Big Picture by supporting the sales forecasting efforts at home location, ensuring they are accurate and submitted timely.
• Learn and adopt all SOPs related to the role and any new initiatives/programs that are implemented.
• Maintain knowledge of new product/service offerings and emerging technology supporting meetings and events.
• BS/BA or 1+ years of Encore or equivalent experience required
• 1 year technology sales or hospitality experience preferred
• Prior sales experience in audiovisual is a plus
• Knowledge of hospitality industry and sales processes preferred
• Technical aptitude and computer proficiency required
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
Competencies (by Core Values)
• Decision Quality
• Business Insight
• Builds Networks
• Plans and Aligns
• Instills Trust
• Demonstrates Self-Awareness
Work is performed in a hotel/convention center environment with moderate exposure to outdoor temperatures and to dirt, sand and/or dust. The working conditions will vary between moderately quiet to noisy volumes. Team members will use high-end audio visual equipment and electrical components, and will be exposed to heights via lifts and ladders. Team members may be asked to work in multiple hotel locations. Working times will include irregular hours and on-call status including days, evenings, weekends and holidays. Team members must adhere to appearance guidelines as defined by Encore based on an individual hotel or a representation of hotels in that city or area.
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Stay connected and receive the latest career opportunities at Encore.