The approximate salary range is based on skills & experience $65,674.00-$80,451.00 per year with overtime & bonus opportunity.
The Senior Director, Event Technology (Sr DET I), is responsible for directing the sales and operations leadership teams to achieve the revenue and profitability goals of an assigned location(s). This position ensures the team delivers World-Class service while cultivating and maintaining relationships with key venue leaders to enhance the overall business relationship with the venue. The Sr DET I promotes high performance, accountability and continuous improvement in the team and fosters a collaborative environment that values learning and a commitment to quality. This position managed venue(s) with $8M - $15M in Revenue and will report to a Regional Director, Venues or an RVP, Venues.
Key Job Responsibilities
Venue Partner Relationships
• Develop and maintain strong relationships with clients at all levels of their organization and provide outstanding customer service while focusing on customer retention.
• Service high profile/visibility events and act as a point of escalation when needed.
• Seek to establish and maintain valuable industry relationships (i.e. venue hotel management, Production/EXPO)
• Identify key issues and decision makers that will influence the contract renewal and leverage all available internal resources to facilitate the planning effort for renewing existing business.
• Create and participate in business review presentations. • Identify new opportunities for revenue streams and select services and partner with regional leadership.
Financial Management & Reporting
• Drive Results by managing an efficient and profitable operation with a focused approach on revenue maximization and profitability using cost control measures in accordance with the company’s standard operating procedures.
• Support the achievement of Encore’s financial goals for the location by ensuring the collaboration between the Sales and Operations leadership teams and through effective direction of same.
• Train and directs operations and sales Directors managers to complete standard and ad hoc reports
• Complete and analyzes reports and budgets to effectively manage the business.
• Enforce the utilization of the company billing system, coordination of invoicing activities and that billing is reviewed and approved by clients.
• Collaborates with regional leadership during the in Ops Planning Process
• Review location P & L and develops and implements action plans to address deficiencies/grow the business
• Confirms venue partners process all payments to Encore on a timely basis
• Responsible for planning and execution of events according to Production Standards
• Hold the Operations Director and/or select services team accountable to manage daily floor operations including scheduling and equipment setups, operation, and strikes are completed, and in accordance to brand standardss.
• Directs and supports operations team to use inventory control procedures to maintain proper inventory levels while also maintaining safety, security, and quality assurance of equipment.
• See the Big Picture by analyzing schedules and available labor and equipment resources and makes recommendations for labor and equipment sharing within local markets.
• Guarantees a Encore management presence at all venue meetings, such as daily stand ups or sales meetings.
• Meet with Operations Leadership to review upcoming events, problem solving, operational feasibility, and budgets.
• Collaborate with Select Services regional management teams when necessary
• Perform duties similarly aligned to running a successful independent business
• Accountable for successful completion of total budgeted revenue
• Act as a resource or point of escalation for technical support for sales and operations leadership team
• Ensures staff understands the technical aspects of the job
• Effectively utilizes applicable company computer systems.
Equipment & Information Management
• Ensures team manages the security of stored gear, transportation, and maintenance of equipment at locations.
• Provide analysis of equipment needs for locations and partner with regional leadership & Product Management to establish proper CAPEX submission.
• Ensure that the management team effectively utilizes all Company computer systems and software programs, providing assistance when necessary. Improve efficiencies within assigned venues through shared workforce, equipment, and industry knowledge.
• Utilize company systems for site visit reviews to ensure location adherence to Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and appropriate business practices.
• Deliver World-Class Service by cultivating and maintaining relationships with customers, venue personnel and various Encore supporting functions and departments.
• Direct the team to exceed the expectations and needs of internal and external customers.
• Make certain the team monitors events and checks in on customers throughout the day.
• Enforce the guidelines in the Team Member Guidebook and/or venue standards for the team to portray a polished and professional image.
• Embrace and foster the company's Core Valies. • Value People by promoting a culture of high performance, accountability and continuous improvement that values learning and a commitment to quality.
• Direct and manage performance, addresses employee concerns, maintains adequate staffing levels, and facilitates team development.
• Navigate the union labor market and associated management dynamics, where applicable.
• Lead and manage the human resources activities including selection, performance management, employee engagement and learning.
• Encourage and provide focused and continued mentoring and coaching to develop the skills of team members.
• Verify that employees are trained on Encore standards for service and equipment, and properly trained on company computer systems.
• Review succession planning to prepare strong talent bench strength
• Recommend team members for training opportunities, as needed
• Do the Right Thing by ensuring all safety practices are being followed.
• Partner with regional leadership and HR to analyze team member engagement survey data; develop action plans to address the priority issues and ensure action plans are deployed and producing positive changes.
• Ensure Encore's D,E &I initiatives are implemented.
This section consists of skills and abilities for an employee to perform the job at a satisfactory level (education, experience, skills & abilities, certifications, languages etc….)
• High School Diploma is required. Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
• 7+ years of audio visual experience
• 7+ years of operations supervisory/management experience
• 5+ years of customer service or hospitality experience is preferred
• Effective relationship management skills and experience
• Strong financial acumen, Sales Planning, Forecasting & CRM
• Excellent written and oral communicaiton and presentation skills
• Ability to support growth initiatives
• Proficiency with the use of computer hardware
• Proficiency with computer software and programs, including the Internet and Microsoft Office
•Effective leadership abilities, customer satisfaction and people development focus.
Competencies (by Core Values)
Drives Quality Results
Work is performed in a venue/convention center environment with moderate exposure to outdoor temperatures and to dirt, sand and/or dust. The working conditions will vary between moderately quiet to noisy volumes. Team members will use high-end audio visual equipment and electrical components, and will be exposed to heights via lifts and ladders. Team members may be asked to work in multiple venue locations. Working times will include irregular hours and on-call status including days, evenings, weekends and holidays. Team members must adhere to appearance guidelines as defined by Encore based on an individual venue or a representation of venues in that city or area. This position may require up to 20% travel.
The above information on this description is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned.