Technical Supervisor, Audio Visual - Hyatt Regency, Reston, VAReston, Virginia Job ID: TECHN026829
Our technicians enjoy the opportunities to work with innovative and cutting-edge technology on a daily basis. From setting equipment as elaborate as an LED wall to simply ensuring cable is properly run through the venue, our Technicians are the foundation of the events we build and bring to life. They ensure that each event is flawlessly executed, and work with the rest of the team to setup and strike down each event in a timely manner. At Encore, customer satisfaction is our highest priority, our Technicians play an integral part in establishing a positive relationship with each of our clients.
Here are some of the top qualities that will help you achieve success in this role:
- Customer Focus
- Desire to Learn
- Drive Results
- Technical Aptitude
Other Important Traits
- Team Player,
- Safety Conscious,
Purpose, Mission and Core Values
How we strive to impact the world
Connecting & Inspire
What we do every day
Invaluable partner on our customer's journey
What drives the way we work
Deliver world-class service. See the big picture. Value people. Drive results. Do the right thing.
Paid Time Off
To see all benefits available, click here.
Premium Recognition Program (CenterStage)
Performance Incentive Plans (GEI Bonus)
Employee Referral Program
Training & Development
Classroom/On the Job Training
Global Transfer Opportunities
The Technical Supervisor leads floor operations with a focus on customer service, staff leadership and development. The Technical Supervisor directly leads the technical team to ensure operational efficiencies and customer satisfaction. This role may also participate in location administrative duties in support of onsite operations and for career development. This position reports to the DET, DOO, or Operations Manager.
Key Job Responsibilities
• Responsible for accurate and timely setup, operation, and breakdown of intermediate audiovisual equipment as listed in the technical qualifications section.
• Troubleshoot technical issues and resolve problems quickly as they arise.
• Complies with all Company security and safety measures.
• Ensures equipment is secure from theft and/or damage when in use.
• Provides excellent service and strives to exceed the expectations and needs of internal and external customers.
• Maintains a positive relationship with all clients through effective communication.
• Meets with guests on site to ensure that their needs are met, and the equipment setup is working properly.
• Monitors events and checks in on customers throughout the day.
• Understands and fosters the hotel/client relationship.
• Assists in training technicians on all floor activities and on hotel and Encore service expectations.
• Serves as a mentor for new hires.
• Models and reinforces a positive working environment centered around company values.
• Organizes the daily floor activities to ensure the timely set up, refresh and removal of equipment.
• Performs daily floor management including directing the workflow of technicians and assisting management with labor needs and scheduling.
• Ensures the equipment sheets are updated and properly completed.
• Works with team to establish coordinated communications for the management of events.
• Attends venue meetings as needed (example = banquet event orders or pre-event conferences)
• Performs preventative maintenance on equipment to keep it presentable and in good working condition.
• Leads the team in proper security, storage, transportation, and maintenance of equipment.
• Participates in physical inventory count processes as requested.
• Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
• 3-5 years of customer service or hospitality experience is preferred.
• 3-5 year of audio-visual experience is required.
• Internal applicants MUST be Technical 1-Star Certified before applying. External applicants will validate and achieve their Technical 1-Star Certification within 60 days of start date.
• Knowledge of technical theory.
• Advanced problem-solving skills.
• Ability to lift 50 Lbs.
• Experience leading workflow and team members.
• A valid driver’s license is required for team members in positions that may operate Company vehicles.
• Additional DOT requirement may need to be met if applicable.
Deliver World Class Service
Do The Right Thing
• Manages Ambiguity
• Directs Work
• Achieves Goals
See The Big Picture
• Financial Acumen
• Builds Effective Teams
For more information on our Competency Group, refer to the Competency Based Talent Management page on Encore Connect by searching for the title or copy & pasting this URL Link (https://psav.sharepoint.com/sites/HR/SitePages/Competency-Supported-Talent-Management.aspx).
Work is performed in a hotel/convention center environment with moderate exposure to outdoor temperatures and to dirt, sand and/or dust. The working conditions will vary between moderately quiet to noisy volumes. Team members will use high-end audio-visual equipment and electrical components and will be exposed to heights via lifts and ladders. Team members may be asked to work in multiple hotel locations. Working times will include irregular hours and on-call status including days, evenings, weekends, and holidays. Team members must adhere to appearance guidelines as defined by Encore based on an individual hotel or a representation of hotels in that city or area.
Work is performed at event venues as well as in a warehouse environment. Team members must adhere to appearance guidelines as defined by Encore based in a warehouse environment and when traveling, on an individual venue or a representation of venues in that city or area. When in the Warehouse, work will be completed in an environment with exposure to outdoor temperatures and to dirt, sand and/or dust. The working conditions will vary between moderately quiet to noisy volumes. Team members may use high-end audio-visual equipment and electrical components. Working times may include irregular hours and on-call status including days, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
The above information on this description is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned.
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Stay connected and receive the latest career opportunities at Encore.