The T&E Accountant manages the accounting for the Travel & Entertainment (T&E) expense program in a fully automated environment and supports the Finance Team with the month close and general accounting tasks. This role entails reconciliation and posting expense transactions, managing T&E support and communication, creating efficiencies in process flow, providing management with ad hoc reporting requests, as well as supporting the Finance Team with recording monthly transactions, analyzing data, and reconciling general ledger accounts. The T&E Accountant position will report to the Assistant Controller.
Key Job Responsibilities
• Reconcile and post the monthly Company Credit Card transactions, as well as any necessary expense accruals.
• Provide audit support and process improvements of the travel platform.
• Maintain Expense Platform master data (expense categories, GL and Cost Centre mapping, tax tables) to ensure accurate reporting.
• Prepare weekly/monthly reports for stakeholders based on expense data, and other ad hoc reports as required.
• Validate and post the Out-Of-Pocket expense transactions weekly and reconcile to the bank.
• Perform related balance sheet account reconciliations.
• Lead the Travel and Entertainment (T&E) function at Encore Canada, acting as the primary administrator for Expense platform and Expense Policy Subject Matter Expert.
• Resolve employee’s account inquiries and expense questions while maintaining top level customer service.
• Partner with Certify support to troubleshoot account or reporting issues.
• Resolve any issues with employee data and coordinate with the HRIS team for resolution.
Credit Card Program Administrator
• Maintain active cardholder data and support the issuing of new cards or modification of limits as required.
• Review total company credit utilization to ensure sufficient available funds.
• Maintain relationships with corporate card providers and troubleshoot cardholder issues.
• Manage strong internal control environment and ensure compliance to key SOX controls.
• Manage and fulfill audit requests.
• Perform reviews/audits of expense reports and provide approvals or rejections.
• Post-Secondary degree/certificate in Accounting/Finance or equivalent experience
• 4+ years of Accounting and T&E experience in large organization (1000+ employees)
• Must have advanced Excel skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong analytical skills
• Strong attention to detail
• Strong customer service background
• Ability to manage multiple tasks with strict deadlines
• Continuous improvement attitude and open to change
• Highly motivated, self-directed, and performance driven
Deliver World Class Service
Do The Right Thing
• Demonstrates Self-Awareness
• Ensures Accountability
See The Big Picture
• Decision Quality
• Manages Complexity
Work is performed primarily in an office environment or from your home office depending on circumstances and every effort will be made to accommodate the employee and employer. Team members must adhere to appearance guidelines as defined by Encore based in an office environment and when traveling.
The above information on this description is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned.